----

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    07:47 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: Metropolitan Police Tube Shooting Inquest

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    In their current guise the forces and officers are impossible to bring to justice. Privatized their shareholders might at least be made to suffer financially when some passer-by is killed through incompetence.
    In theory they are accountable to the local police authority-leaving aside tony blairs attempt to bring them all under central government control. Who do you think the shareholders would be? What if a major shareholder was guilty of something-do you really think a privately owned company would be impartial?

Without doubt it's a daft idea and a silly one if you are being serious. If you are you've just dropped several points in my estimation. There are better ways of dealing with it than that. Do you really want the kind of situation like they have in america where they have private armed security companies? It's one of the dafter ideas I think you have ever come out with. Local police answerable to local authorities and without the need to tick boxes for central government statisticians is the way forward.

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    06:47 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    In theory they are accountable to the local police authority-leaving aside tony blairs attempt to bring them all under central government control. Who do you think the shareholders would be? What if a major shareholder was guilty of something-do you really think a privately owned company would be impartial?

Without doubt it's a daft idea and a silly one if you are being serious. If you are you've just dropped several points in my estimation. There are better ways of dealing with it than that. Do you really want the kind of situation like they have in america where they have private armed security companies? It's one of the dafter ideas I think you have ever come out with. Local police answerable to local authorities and without the need to tick boxes for central government statisticians is the way forward.
    Quite right and a phrase i do like to throw in from time to time when arguing with my local plod.

If we got back to the basics of this statement and rid police of government text book targets, i believe we will see 'real policing' come back in over time.
    I have actually met plods who are deluded enough to believe they are some sort of government employee which raises their status. They are merely 'civilians in uniform'.
    The government has to address the whole crime and police issue quick because i am beginning to look at Nick Clegg in a more favourable light.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

And to show just how seriously the Police take the shooting of an innocent, unarmed man and the subsequent censure of the courts, the lady who was in charge of the operation and who then stood in front of the TV cameras and lied through her back teeth has just been appointed the next head of the Met :-

Cressida Dick appointed as first female Met Police chief - BBC News

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    It was her operation and it went catastrophically wrong. I cannot imagine how anyone can think she came out of it smelling of roses. She was implementing a policy the outcome of which could only ever have been the death of the person they'd been following, that was the nature of the game plan. The policy was to kill before the suspect had time to react and trigger any hypothetical explosive he might be carrying. That, obviously, did not include any prior "surrender or we will fire" warning. I still think part of her operation involved confiscating all CCTV of the killing and then saying none existed. I think her allowing the killer squad to meet in private to balance their subsequent statements, instead of being interviewed as normal police practice dictated, was criminal regardless of whether or not it was a previously agreed internal protocol after armed police deployment.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/.../menezes.july7
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11