I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:44 PM

Re: Metropolitan Police Tube Shooting Inquest

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Clearly it was an unlawful killing but culpability depends what the armed police on the scene were actually told at the time. Bear in mind what had happened not long before, if they thought he was actually a suicide bomber the last thing they are going to do is warn him he has been found out and give him the few seconds needed to blow himself up. I think he fault lies not with the police on the scene but whoever was in direct charge at the time.

Let me put it this way, if a suicide bomber gets on the train you are on and the police are following would you be happy if they hesitate and you get killed as a consequence.
    well said Yes of course we all have 20/20 vision in hindsight and now see that this was an ill informed action resulting in the death of an innocent man, but do any of us really know 100% sure that we wouldn't have made the same decision given the information these officers had not to mention the pressure they were under the circumstances post 7/7

The public and the media were on an anti terrorist witch hunt whipping up emotion and fear until everyone with a backpack and a suntan was suspect.
    The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't someone will always say they were wrong MP's, media,public, civil rights. You name it they are all lining up to throw in their opinion.
    Bear in mind even in this inquest not all information will be revealed there will be a D notice on some stuff and some will fall under the Official secrets act... So just wait 50 or 100 years until it becomes public.. then we will know all the facts.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time

It doesn't matter what people say here or on other forums. The result of this inquest will be a whitewash. The trigger-happy idiots who actually did the killing will not called as witnesses - its unlikely they will even be named.

What is not in question is that the Metropotlitan Police will be instructed to make changes in their procedures.

No charges will be brought even though the Metropolitan Police and Sir Ian Blair are both equally guilty of, at least, institutional manslaughter.
    An ye harm none, do what ye will....

BORN TO BE A RED!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Gift Boxing Gloves Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Chookie View Post
    It doesn't matter what people say here or on other forums. The result of this inquest will be a whitewash. The trigger-happy idiots who actually did the killing will not called as witnesses - its unlikely they will even be named.

What is not in question is that the Metropotlitan Police will be instructed to make changes in their procedures.

No charges will be brought even though the Metropolitan Police and Sir Ian Blair are both equally guilty of, at least, institutional manslaughter.
    Hear Hear.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Chookie View Post
    The two men who pulled their triggers will give evidence. There's a list of who's who at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7628145.stm

They were put in a position where they were only following orders. They'd been told that hesitation in killing would result in innocent deaths and they killed. Whether they also lied about shouting warnings before firing might finally come out - the "health and safety" trial took no evidence from any member of the public who was on the train, this inquest will do. If the inquest finds that they collaborated on inventing a sanitized truth after the event and lied about what happened so as to fit precisely into correct operational procedure I'd happily see them jailed for that. The same goes for anyone who tried to shift blame by corrupting the paper trail.

Irrespective of whether blame exists at any level, accountability surely did. Nobody stood up and walked, and someone should have. Preferably several people at different levels. Wherever the buck stopped, the office holder should have retired from public life with a catastrophic event of this magnitude. That most certainly includes Sir Ian Blair and the Home Secretary. It's a matter of honour. Neither walked into the sunset, both insisted they and the system they superintended was blameless, both were wrong, both have blood on their hands.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time

The Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair has announced his resignation.

He's the man who should have jumped onto his sword the day after the killing. Every day since then he's been an unprincipled careerist instead of a policeman.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time

The Guardian quotes his resignation announcement:
    Blair, who has refused to quit over these issues in the past, said yesterday at a press conference that they were not the reason for his departure 16 months before his contract is due to expire. "I am resigning not because of any failures by my service and not because the pressures of the office and the many stories that surround it are too much," he said. "I would have wished to continue to serve Londoners until my time of office expired in February 2010. However ... the new mayor made clear, in a very pleasant but determined way, that he wished there to be a change of leadership at the Met ...

"To serve effectively the commissioner must have the confidence of both the mayor and the home secretary. Without the mayor's backing, I do not consider that I can continue in the job."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oc....conservatives
    The man displayed no sense of honour in office, he seems to have left it completely unaware of how deeply loathed he's been ever since he strutted over the corpse of his force's innocent victim three years ago. Public life should have no place for anyone so arrogant.

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    07:44 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Blare was ultimatley in charge -- enough said.

is Alive

I am:
    Sad

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Message in a Bottle Burger Beer

Jean Charles de Menezes inquest: police were 'out of control'

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    07:44 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Re: Jean Charles de Menezes inquest: police were 'out of control'

I have been following this story and the inquest for many months. Witnessess gave evidence in the trial yesterday that absolutely no warnings were given when they held him in his seat and opened fire at close range.
    All i can think of, is that he must have been so frightened. Poor man, may he rest in peace and his family find comfort from some-where.
    Dis-grace on our police.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Re: Jean Charles de Menezes inquest: police were 'out of control'

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I have been following this story and the inquest for many months. Witnessess gave evidence in the trial yesterday that absolutely no warnings were given when they held him in his seat and opened fire at close range.
    All i can think of, is that he must have been so frightened. Poor man, may hr rest in peace and his family find comforet from some-where.
    Dis-grace on our police.
    Not content with that, the Police officers involved have admitted to changing their records and therefore changing their evidence to "prevent it being mis-interpreted".

Finally, the cover up is starting to come to light.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast