I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    10:33 PM
    Gifts Burger Car Beer

America is Completely Insane.

Before you get too upset with me for the title of this thread, realize that I have actually served my country and volunteered to give my life for it. To my mind that gives me the right to have an opinion as to how it should be run.

That said, America is completely insane. Why are we completely insane? Because we allow 30,000 of our own citizens to be slaughtered by firearms every year.

Oh, I'm sure you're going to bring out all the standard arguments: only criminals will have guns! How can I defend myself? It's a God-given right! Yes, and even "It's in the Constitution!"

Well, the founding fathers never expected things such as human cloning, stem cell research, space-borne lasers, atomic weapons, or gay marriage. That's why the Constitution is a living document... it was made to be changed from the day it was written.

The carnage never stops here in United States. It just goes on and on. When are we ever going to do something about this?

There have been 60 mass shootings in the United States since the January 8, 2011 massacre in Tucson, Arizona. Below are three from recent weeks.

- Chicago, IL: Four youngsters were among the latest victims caught in Chicago’s gun violence epidemic, including two middle school-aged girls who were wounded in a neighborhood park on the Far South Side.

- Dover, DE: At a weekend soccer tournament in Delaware, three people died and two were wounded. The dead included the tournament organizer, a 16-year-old boy participating in the tournament and one of three suspects alleged to have initiated the deadly violence Sunday afternoon at a park near downtown Wilmington.

- Seattle, WA: 40-year-old Ian Stawicki entered a Seattle cafe on Wednesday and opened fire, killing four people. He then left Cafe Racer, killing another person during a carjacking before taking his own life.

You want more? Okay. Take a look at this list... it just goes on and on.

Tuscaloosa, AL - July 17, 2012
    Chicago, IL - July 11, 2012
    Dover, DE - July 9, 2012
    Chicago, IL - July 6, 2012
    Seattle, WA - July 02, 2012
    Chicago, IL - July 1, 2012
    Omaha, NE - 06/26/2012
    Houston, TX - 06/20/2012
    Auburn, AL - 06/09/2012
    Oklahoma City, OK - 21/05/2012
    Chicago, IL - 26-29/05/2012
    Seattle, WA - 05/30/2012
    Gilbert, AZ - 05/01/2012
    Oakland, CA - 04/02/2012
    North Miami, FL - 03/30/2012
    Waller, TX - 03/20/2012
    Pittsburgh, PA - 3/8/2012
    Tempe, AZ - 3/3/2012
    Chardon,OH - 2/27/2012
    Jackson, TN - 2/26/2012
    Norcross, GA - 2/21/2012
    Philadelphia, PA - 1/10/2012

I know that I'm not going to win some kind of war on guns in America. As I said before... we're all completely insane. But we have to take action against things like assault weapons. Rifles that were meant for warfare. They're nothing more than people killers! You can't possibly use them for anything but killing people!

Here's another serious problem. The killer in Colorado had a 100 shot magazine. That's great! Now you can shoot 100 people without reloading. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea?!

Look. I understand this is going to raise some serious emotion with a lot of our members. But you have to agree with my side because you understand what's at stake.

Think about this, you already agree that normal citizen should not have hand grandees. Why? Because you understand that there have to be limits to what people can own in the way of weapons for the safety of all the other people!

Should people be allowed to own grenade launchers? Rocket launchers? Tactical nuclear weapons? Of course not! There are limits... we all understand that. our problem is that we have forgotten where that line lies.

Forget all that chest pounding, hair pulling,"It's my constitutional right "stuff you're about to give me.

Your right to own weapons ends where my right not be shot while watching a movie with my granddaughters begins.

You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater...and you can't shoot it up with a 100-shot AK-17 either.

is a Natualized Texan

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    11:33 PM
    Gifts Certificate Beer

Re: America is Completely Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you're going to bring out all the standard arguments: only criminals will have guns! How can I defend myself? It's a God-given right! Yes, and even "It's in the Constitution!"

Well, the founding fathers never expected things such as human cloning, stem cell research, space-borne lasers, atomic weapons, or gay marriage. That's why the Constitution is a living document... it was made to be changed from the day it was written.
    So write the amendment and let's vote on it. The amount of constitutional abuses the Supreme Court have allowed through "creative" interpretation of our founding document is ridiculous. The Welfare Clause and (especially) the Commerce Clause have been stretched beyond all recognition to include any damned thing Congress has a whim to write a law about.

So if you think we should limit our right to rebel against a tyrannical government because one in a hundred million or so abuse the right, write your amendment and let's vote.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Hungry

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    09:33 PM

Funny this should come up after what happened to me within the last hour. I wanted to check the air in my trucks tires so I went to the local 7 eleven and pulled up alongside the air pump out front. When I did I saw a wagon in front of me parked nose in to the garbage can alongside the building. I knew that he couldn't get out if he wanted too but I thought it belonged to one of the girls inside, a green wagon. I'd seen it there many times. I hop out, go in for some quarters and a gallon of milk and step back outside. There's some guy pounding on the window of my truck with his fists. He's in his late 50s, grey hair and a beer belly.

I was pretty pissed in the first instance NO ONE hurts Christopher. My wife started calling the truck Christopher supposedly because of my "obsession" with it. Remember Stephan Kings Christine? Anyway I said, "Yo!! What are you doing to my truck!! Get to hell away from it!!" He turned around and he had a blank, distant look on his face, his eyes didn't look right, dilated pupils. He said I was blocking him in I said I was sorry, I thought his car was someones else s and as soon as he got away from my truck I would move. He babbled something and called me a bitch, I did nothing but keep an eye on him and get into my truck. I backed across the lot and he left peacefully.

Strange? Yeah but becoming all to common, I've seen other things like this. That shooting in Seattle was one of many this summer, as a matter of fact were on track to break some records.
    Americans are becoming so lazy we can't even settle our disputes with our fists anymore and keep our meds straight.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Hungry

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time

So if you think we should limit our right to rebel against a tyrannical government because one in a hundred million or so abuse the right, write your amendment and let's vote.
    If I ever buy a gun, I don't want to do it illegally and once I do, I will not give it up. I'm for regulating certain types of weapons but not abolishing the right to possess a firearm.

is a Natualized Texan

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Certificate Beer

I haven't bought one yet, except for the pellet gun I shoot birds with, but I get closer every day.

Premium Member
    is Here, There, and Everywhere.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-03-2014
    Local Time
    12:33 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Balloons Car Heart Cake Cake

"The amount of constitutional abuses the Supreme Court have allowed through "creative" interpretation of our founding document is ridiculous."

I agree with this statement.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Justice Scalia said yesterday that any weapon that can be hand-carried is protected by the 2nd amendment. When asked if that includes a weapon that can fire "a hundred shots per minute", he mentioned that it might also apply to hand-held rocket launchers. Yikes!
    The Right to Bear Rocket Launchers? - Truthdig

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Hungry

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    10:33 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

I have owned firearms for 50+ years, and have yet to actually shoot anybody who wasn't trying shoot at me.

But, yes, America is completely insane.
    There are no requirements for proving any qualifications to handle or operate a firearm before you may possess one.

Far too many idiots own far too many of them, and have not a clue how to handle, care for, store the things.
    "Freedom is not something that can be taken from you. You must give it up willingly." - me
    "Don't take yourself so seriously. Nobody else does." - Don Rickles
    "If you lose your sense of humor, it's just not funny anymore." - Wavy Gravy

This user has no status.

I am:
    Hungry

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time

I could probably post one every other day.

Renton vigil for dead man ends in violence, shooting | Local News | The Seattle Times

Maybe we should just empty the prisons of petty thieves and drug users and use the empty cells for people who shoot others. Better yet just pay the Russians a buck a head a day so they could use them as labor in Siberia. I'm tired of this.

is a Natualized Texan

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-02-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Certificate Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Never let a serious crisis go to waste.

Lautenberg, McCarthy, Advocates Announce New Legislation to Effectively Ban Online Ammo Sales

Of course it does far more than that:

The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act works through four components:

It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer. {does such a thing as an ammunition dealer license exist? How onerous will the licensing process be? There goes more jobs, more small business opportunities.}
    It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians. {Weren't the dems concerned about photo ID requirements shutting out whole sections of our population? I guess requiring photo ID is only racist when it's convenient to be racist.}
    It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.{Maybe not a big deal, maybe a very big deal, depending on the amount of detail required. It only serves to treat law-abiding citizens like criminals. But hey, it's only a little beyond the TSA, right?}
    It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days. {Sounds fine until just a little thought goes into the logistics.}
    Not that it really matters, though. The authors know it will never make it past the House. This is posturing for votes, nothing more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast