Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time
    01:39 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

The benefit culture further

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...med-about.html

BBC News - Derby fire deaths: Mick Philpott 'watched wife having sex'

We've had a few threads about the UK's beneit culture and recently debated weather people actually have more children despite having not worked In order to get more money from the government and bigger free housing.

I'm not talking about the genuine needy and the deserving who the welfare system was put In place for back In the 40's but these people are just two examples.

They are not one off's... the country Is full of them and Its because of people like this that others get tarred with the same brush.

For every genuine needy family, there Is another like this... enough Is enough

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: The benefit culture further

Just for once i would agree with you. I know people whop have had to sell their homes and go back to living with grandparents and the like as they struggle to get by. There should be a cap on benefits the welfare state was never intended to leave people better off than if they were working. Trouble is it's mostly labour that are to blame for this not that the tories help tarring everybody with the same brush - in some areas here there really aren't any jobs we can't all work in poundland

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Just for once i would agree with you. I know people whop have had to sell their homes and go back to living with grandparents and the like as they struggle to get by. There should be a cap on benefits the welfare state was never intended to leave people better off than if they were working. Trouble is it's mostly labour that are to blame for this not that the tories help tarring everybody with the same brush - in some areas here there really aren't any jobs we can't all work in poundland

House them here:

Houses bought for as much as £70,000 each under John Prescott's regeneration Pathfinder scheme to be sold off for just £1 each | Mail Online

High Priestess of Cardis
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Paintbrush Muffin Banana

I too feel outraged about our taxes being used for that woman and her 11 children
    (and clearly new generations of her family too) but I don't see an answer. What can be done?
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

From my time on Housing the problem Is this.....

You can not force women to be sterilised. You can not force women or men to use contraception.

Years ago couples even single women asked themselves 'can we afford another baby'. Now It's a god given right to have as many children as you like even by a variety of fathers and the tax payer picks up the tab.
    People like this woman and The Phillpotts know they can not fund another baby but know the government will. There are women who leave school and have babies by various Fathers and never do a days work. The Fathers of those children most likely have never worked either because If they had or do work, they would be paying maintainance for their child.

Many council houses that become available side by side are turned Into 6 and 8 bedroom houses to accomodate people like this women. That's fewer 3 bedroom houses for the genuine needy and these people know that the more kids they have, the more money they will get and the bigger the house.

It's because of feckless, selfish morons like this that deprive genuine young families from social housing and I think It has to stop.

High Priestess of Cardis
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

I suppose that one answer could be that benefit is paid only for a limited number of children? This couldn't be introduced for existing large families but it could for new families.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    I suppose that one answer could be that benefit is paid only for a limited number of children? This couldn't be introduced for existing large families but it could for new families.
    The problem with any welfare reform Is that ultimately, some genuine women are affected.

If we capped all benefit for any children over 4, then a woman who's husband has abandoned his family or died, Is going to suffer with the reckless.

That's a good Idea about starting the capping on new families but then, wouldn't those newer families scream their rights are being breached?

The problem Itself could lead to children living in poverty.

Not every one of the feckless does the right thing by their children... notice the woman In the article can afford ridiculous hair colour on benefits.?

I have a disgusting specimen of a neighbour who on getting her benefit fills her trolley with cut priced booze and ciggs before buying food for her kids. She also sports a new hair colour every week.

I remember some mutterings pre-election that If the Tories got In they would Introduce food stamps and utility vouchers to stop that. I suspect the loony left of the Coalition won't hear of such a thing but If Cameron gets a clear majority come 2014, It could be on the cards.

High Priestess of Cardis
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    The problem with any welfare reform Is that ultimately, some genuine women are affected.

If we capped all benefit for any children over 4, then a woman who's husband has abandoned his family or died, Is going to suffer with the reckless.

That's a good Idea about starting the capping on new families but then, wouldn't those newer families scream their rights are being breached?

The problem Itself could lead to children living in poverty.

Not every one of the feckless does the right thing by their children... notice the woman In the article can afford ridiculous hair colour on benefits.?

I have a disgusting specimen of a neighbour who on getting her benefit fills her trolley with cut priced booze and ciggs before buying food for her kids. She also sports a new hair colour every week.

I remember some mutterings pre-election that If the Tories got In they would Introduce food stamps and utility vouchers to stop that. I suspect the loony left of the Coalition won't hear of such a thing but If Cameron gets a clear majority come 2014, It could be on the cards.
    Probably But, seriously, which rights would be breached? If they chose, they could have 22 children but they would have to be wholly responsible for the additional 18!

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    Probably But, seriously, which rights would be breached? If they chose, they could have 22 children but they would have to be wholly responsible for the additional 18!
    True but then your relying on the Mothers or fathers of those 22 children doing the right thing and finding even part time work to bring the extra money Into the home. Most won't so ultimately It's the children who suffer and go hungry.

High Priestess of Cardis
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-24-2014
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    So maybe it comes down to that there will always be a few people who have many, many children and expect to be funded by the taxpayer and that is not going to stop. Shame though, because it's expensive and unfair for those who are genuinely claiming benefit and struggling, or working in low paid jobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast