I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    02:44 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

That bin lorry driver

I have until now avoided making any comment about the chap who apparently lost consciousness at the wheel in Central Glasgow a while back. I made no comment even when it became evident that he had lied about his health after a prior event in order to retain his driving licence, and again lied about his health and his employment record to get his subsequently lethal driving job.

He is now being prosecuted for continuing to drive despite having no licence or any valid insurance, just six weeks ago.

There used to be insane asylums for people in his position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-34438129
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: That bin lorry driver

About time too, it states quite on licence applications learly that giving false information is a cximinal offence.

So how about the personell department employee that didn't check his references wonder when he or she will be sacked or disciplined.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

The sickening thing is that he'll probably just get a fine and another ban on his licence - which is already banned.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The sickening thing is that he'll probably just get a fine and another ban on his licence - which is already banned.
    My understanding is that It's actually fraud which means the courts hac=ve the discretion to impose a jail sentence.

is Copyright J.R.R. Tolkien.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    01:44 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Certificate Car

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I have until now avoided making any comment about the chap who apparently lost consciousness at the wheel in Central Glasgow a while back. I made no comment even when it became evident that he had lied about his health after a prior event in order to retain his driving licence, and again lied about his health and his employment record to get his subsequently lethal driving job.

He is now being prosecuted for continuing to drive despite having no licence or any valid insurance, just six weeks ago.

There used to be insane asylums for people in his position.

Bin lorry crash driver Harry Clarke arrested over road ban - BBC News
    A lengthy prison term is what is required here, IMO. Especially after the deaths of so many innocent people! I cannot believe that HGV/PSV jobs can be obtained without thorough, verifiable medical checks. If so, the law needs changing, pronto!!
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    A lengthy prison term is what is required here, IMO. Especially after the deaths of so many innocent people! I cannot believe that HGV/PSV jobs can be obtained without thorough, verifiable medical checks. If so, the law needs changing, pronto!!
    To get it you need to pass a medical it's in the the renewal of it that you are asked to make a declaration as to your continued health. It wouldn't be practical to have a medicalm exam for every hgv driver renewing. I know several who have had to provide further medical evidence due to diabete, high blood pressure high cholestorol etc etc and had licencesc suspended while it was investigated. It's actually very strict most hgv drivers are responsible about it this guy was not.

Bin lorry crash driver Harry Clarke arrested over road ban - BBC News

Harry Clarke, 58, is accused of driving a car on 20 September despite losing his licence for medical reasons.
    A fatal accident inquiry (FAI) into the deaths heard DVLA officials withdrew Mr Clarke's car licence for 12 months and banned him from driving HGVs for 10 years on 25 June this year.
    This guy is a scumbag that needs to be jailed for what he did.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time

I note the beginning of a private prosecution. I'm quite pleased a court may end up in a position to judge the decision of the Crown Office not to prosecute. Both of the totally contradictory points of view can be considered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-35025408

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time

For the record, "judges at the Appeal Court in Edinburgh ruled in November last year that the family could not launch a private prosecution".

The trial for driving without valid licence or insurance has reached the sentencing stage.
    Procurator fiscal depute Mark Allan told Glasgow Sheriff Court that Clarke's neighbours had seen him in the car park outside his house then saw him get into his white Corsa.

He said: "After watching for between 30 seconds and two minutes, both witnesses saw the accused enter into the driver's seat, switch on the exterior lights and drive out of the car park onto Buchanan Street."

He said Clarke returned about two hours later at about 22:15.

He added: "He went round to either the passenger door or boot and retrieved some carrier bags from the car before leaving the car and walking to his home address."

Two days later when Clarke was cautioned and charged by police he replied: "I have never been out on a public road. I have just moved the car in the private car park."

Bin lorry crash driver Harry Clarke admits reckless driving charge - BBC News
    Mr Clarke appears to be a man whose mental compass does not include the concept of truth, whose only self-perceived misfortune has been getting caught lying, who no doubt feels badly done by.

The only way he can make things worse is to go on stage and try his hand as a comedy stand-up, or go on some agency's book as an after-dinner speaker.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I must agree, this despicable man should get the full weight of the law......doubled.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    04-29-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Register to remove this ad.
    I think he is the lowest of the low and should be in jail. What a scum he is, and very over weight, probably from alcohol and stuffing his fat face with burgers in huge baps. It would't surprise me to hear that he has saved a load of heart ache by actually having a fatal heart attack !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast