I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    02:47 PM
    Gifts Paintbrush Car

Re: The apparent legality of harassment

Thank you for your post! Most of what you wrote was already my understanding but somehow previous posts had jumbled my thinking. I know what you say about colleges/universities to be true.

The critical/free thinking part can be tricky though ~~ everyone thinks they're a critical thinker. I'm sure those far right wing millennials would consider themselves free thinkers for pushing back against the last 8 years of liberalism. All we can do is look objectively at all sides and draw our own conclusions.

I don't have any children so I'm not up on how schools teach their students these days. I went to a private college preparatory high school and never once do I remember politics really playing a part. Same with college. It's certainly possible that it was there but it may be that I simply didn't seek it out. The closest thing I came to an interest in politics at that time was the brief 10 minutes I sat near Elizabeth Taylor who was campaigning for her then husband John Warner while he was running for the Senate. After my 10 minute reverie of being near that lovely woman ended, so did my interest! Appalling but true.

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to explain it all to me and helping me fit the pieces together. I don't agree with you on everything but I don't agree with anyone on everything and I'm always loathe to limit myself or commit myself to any one group which I think accounts for my mistrust of institutional politics.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-24-2017
    Local Time
    02:47 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: The apparent legality of harassment

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I think the same goes for his pick on Israel. While it's no secret that the Trump family is a family of Jewish wannabes (which is actually common within the NY world of affluence), I think he'll assess the situation after giving net-in-yahoo a guy he wants. If after all that a two-state solution is still not achievable, Trump will know it's all a charade, and will then act accordingly. Hopefully, there will still be a few Palestinians left by then.
    This is either developing quickly or Trump is simply just all over the place with his rhetoric, perhaps responding to, not polls as most politicians do, but, perhaps ratings(?).

President Trump, after promising a radical break with the foreign policy of Barack Obama, is embracing some key pillars of the former administration’s strategy, including warning Israel to curb settlement construction, demanding that Russia withdraw from Crimea and threatening Iran with sanctions for ballistic missile tests.

In the most startling shift, the White House issued an unexpected statement appealing to the Israeli government not to expand the construction of Jewish settlements beyond their current borders in East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Such expansion, it said, “may not be helpful in achieving” the goal of peace.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/w...est-trump.html

Obama's public assessment and posture on Israel was correct in the beginning and also at the end of his presidency. Obama rolled over when Netanyahu sicced his embedded congressional dogs on him in the interim. Let's see what Trump does.

I think the Crimea/Russian issue is probably not what the American media has presented it as.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5