I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time
    08:28 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Inauguration

Garner Ted Armstrong? You might remember him? He had a regular program broadcast on Radio Luxembourg back in the day.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

...never heard of him...will google it.

Ugh. Yes, actually a better fit than what I consider tv evangelism to be - he was using the most advanced media of the time better quicker than anyone else in the field, just like trump now with Twitter.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time

I just looked on Wikipedia to see what they said. Bang to rights, it's a perfect description of what I remember.
    In the mid 1970s, Penthouse magazine described Garner Ted as providing "late night companionship to thousands of truckers, the voice of the morning to millions of farmers, the living room preacher to a subculture of lonely, frightened, disoriented Americans." Noted for his charisma, movie star looks, and for being a music enthusiast, he toyed with becoming a nightclub singer before following his father into the ministry. He was at ease before cameras and microphones. In radio and TV programs he mixed political, economic, and social news of the day with Bible-based commentary. Armstrong's voice, style and presentation (with a low-key, ironic delivery more in the style of a comedian's monologue than in the didactic fashion of the standard evangelist) attracted millions to the church-sponsored broadcasts.
    Snake oil was never more snakey.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-26-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    He's still not addressed the anomaly as to why he's never stepped forward after appeals for witnesses. It would help his position if his father or his uncle had, but I've seen no indication of that being claimed either. It doesn't help that he's a very easy man to disbelieve.
    There's a very strangely-worded quote in today's Guardian.
    It is part of a wider smear campaign started last Friday whereby there was a claim I wasn’t at the Hillsborough disaster, even though I provided witness statements I was there and spent three hours yesterday morning at Operation Resolve giving a witness statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ough-statement
    Started last Friday? Ukip leader Paul Nuttall denies lying about being at Hillsborough disaster was on the 11th February, that's ten days ago, it certainly predates "last Friday" by a week.

What he says is "there was a claim I wasn’t at the Hillsborough disaster, even though I provided witness statements I was there". What he's not saying is when he provided witness statements. Did he provide a witness statement before the claim surfaced ten days ago? Or is this a smudged timeline in which his first witness statement was actually made after the fuss began - perhaps "three hours on Monday giving an official witness statement to the police investigation into the Hillsborough disaster" is the first such statement he's made?

If he "provided witness statements I was there" before 11th February, what were the dates? If he didn't, why didn't he?

If his father and uncle provided witness statements, when did they do that? If they didn't, why didn't they?

The quotes in today's Guardian reek of shifty weasel wording.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14