I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:12 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: London Bridge another attack

I've also noticed what may be a change in behaviour: we've been taught to get out of the area when an incident occurs. When it's a bomb or guns that's got to be the best advice. But if it's knives... It seems quite a few people began to try to fight back. I've no idea with what effect but respect to any who did.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:12 AM
    Gifts Beer

it's horrifying, globally horrifying.
    But not everyone is "taught" how to act when an attack happens.
    We lost a local gal there, a young lady from our city, we are not "taught" how to react to many kinds of attacks (yes call us backwoods and naïve because truly we ARE) because this is so unfamiliar to us.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:12 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

"Taught" may be overdoing it. The advice we get after incidents like these is to get out of the area, well out of the area. But it can't save you from the initial attack if you are unlucky. I don't consider you naïve and backwoods for not knowing something that isn't relevant to you: I'm not that skilled at dealing with bears because we have none over here but wouldn't consider that made me particularly naïve. You're right that incidents like these are global though: French, Spanish, Romanians, Aussies and many more nationalities all involved.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    05:12 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    "Taught" may be overdoing it. The advice we get after incidents like these is to get out of the area, well out of the area. But it can't save you from the initial attack if you are unlucky. I don't consider you naïve and backwoods for not knowing something that isn't relevant to you: I'm not that skilled at dealing with bears because we have none over here but wouldn't consider that made me particularly naïve. You're right that incidents like these are global though: French, Spanish, Romanians, Aussies and many more nationalities all involved.
    Australia so far hasn't been hit by any Attacks as such. One last week at Brighton was a bit strange but his family insists it's more to do with him as an individual using IS as an excuse for his drug and other criminal behaviour. The Lindt Cafe one was more to do with a nutter who was kicked out of his own mosque (and others apparently ) because they even thought he was a nutter and only used the IS theme in the end. A 15 year old who got sucked in and shot a public servant before police shot him ...... that's more sad than anything.
    But we are told that they have foiled attacks . One on Christmas Day at Federation Square. Other men in Jail for planning one at the SCG or MCG....cant remember(so don't quote me, you'd have to look it up.) I think there were twelve of them. It all seems to be lone and one off's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_in_Australia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2