I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-19-2017
    Local Time
    09:39 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: How to combat terrorism

Those people may think that they are striking a blow for Islam. Every religion has its idiot followers. But I think these guys are being manipulated by the right-wing. They are simply the rabble-rousers. Their purpose is simply creating the fear and uncertainty in the public, causing the world to over-react and punish the Muslims as a group. That seems to be working to some degree among the ignorant. We hear and read the rhetoric every day. When the general public falls for the tactic, and follows the Trumpers and their ilk in punishing Muslims in general, that would then force the common Muslims to rise up against the persecution, and take up arms in the name of Allah to protect their families and their faith.
    That seems to be the thinking that I observe.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    04:39 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

2 new developments, one worrying, the other positive:

Worrying is the report that 3 women chanting the koran attacked a nursery school teacher and hit her and cut her arm. That one seems so odd I want to be sure first it was Islamic, but if it is then it's a worry since it seems a new development and an escalation. Reported in the Evening Standard.

More positive is the news that denying terrorists a proper muslim burial would be a very big deal and might deter terrorists if it could be applied, and there is a push going on from imams to get everyone on board with it from within the community. This is very important. We'll see how it goes.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    04:39 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Trump goes to the land of the terrorists that attacked the USA on 911, sells their leaders more arms and implies his backing for them to carry on inciting extremist violence througout the middle east. Wonder what he will do if they invade qatar send troops to help maybe. Saudi arabia is the source of wahabism and is funding isis why do americans and our idiotic leaders not see that I wonder.

Never mind jeremy corbyn m ight change things.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    01:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    A simple fact. You will never be able to eliminate the probability that some group of determined people will come up with a way to create mayhem.
    The best that can be done is to make it as difficult as possible for them to make a big splash.
    And, when they do pull something off, try to keep the media from making more of it than is warranted. The point of these things is to create FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) that the authorities are capable of protecting anyone from danger, and to cause as much anxiety as possible among the general population.

The Media needs to be turned down a notch or two on these things. These people feed off the media reaction.
    well said Lars. I would like to know why our media coverage of attacks in America and Britain run all day here. All other news in this country falls away whilst we're given saturation coverage of events happening else where.
    the media seems to whip up more **** than is neccesary it puts more fear into people and encourages those who believe in harming people the media coverage they want.
    We don't allow psychopathic mass murderers the media they would so desire, so why would we give these idiots the same?

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    01:39 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Trump goes to the land of the terrorists that attacked the USA on 911, sells their leaders more arms and implies his backing for them to carry on inciting extremist violence througout the middle east. Wonder what he will do if they invade qatar send troops to help maybe. Saudi arabia is the source of wahabism and is funding isis why do americans and our idiotic leaders not see that I wonder.

Never mind jeremy corbyn m ight change things.
    There are political experts saying Trump is allowing China and Russia free reign, and if they don't do something soon (get a stronger leader) then not only will Americans suffer but also lose their dominant place in the world.

There's also something we don't tend to think about. Well I hadn't anyway. A bloke in my class was telling me he's half Syrian and half Lebonese. I asked him if his parents were worried about relatives still back in Syria....... Sadly he replied his family has lost seven members fighting ISIS. That's a hell of a lot in one war.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2