I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    06:08 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: That's a huge fire

My theory, which is mine, is that the flats were all well protected against fire spreading from one to another within the building or from the stairwell. My theory is that if you have an intense inferno up the wall outside a flat, and the flat's windows explode with the heat on the outdoor surfaces, then the fire gets in through a route it ought not to have had available to it. I also reckon that a lot of the flats will have had their windows ajar through the night on account of getting a bit of a breeze during the hot summer, but that last bit is just surmising.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Almost riots in the streets

Grenfell Tower residents storm Kensington Town Hall in angry protest over deadly fire | The Independent

I think corbyn has given life to the language of protest and the reminder that people choose the government rather than just take all the crap. I suspect the blairites are looking for their dtones to crawl back under.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:08 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

This is nothing to do with Corbyn or any other politician. This is off the streets. The lack of co-ordination of the volunteers got no back up from anyone official at the Council. The Council look as though they are using this to get the people out of their borough. This is really socially and politically explosive at present.

(Yes, the SWP turned up with ready made placards, but they always do. Means nothing in terms of this being organised by political forces with axes to grind. This was from the gut)

Oh, it seems the cladding was £2 a block cheaper - £5000 for the tower - than the flame resistant stuff. The protests are about the attitude of the authorities. it's about being a 2nd class citizen and more and more people who used to feel they had a stake in the status quo no longer do. In London that's a lot of issues and varies from person to person. For me it's brexit. For anyone in a social housing tower block it's about being safe to sleep.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I honestly think the anger is natural but.......in such events realistically.....who is supposed to coordinate things ?
    Is there an appointed official for such emergencies ?
    Council officials are not there because of flair for innovation or invention.....they are time servers.
    Unfortunately there are no stand out heroes employed at this local authority.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

The leader of the Council was happy to blame residents of the tower for the lack of sprinklers, but where was he when something needed to be done? Why wasn't he on the phone rousing people out or at the least being there himself? If May is culpable for not being there, he is many times more culpable.

A leader is supposed to lead. No signs so far - except on the street.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Ive had a few whiskys .......I dare not answer.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

...wise man.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    This is nothing to do with Corbyn or any other politician. This is off the streets. The lack of co-ordination of the volunteers got no back up from anyone official at the Council. The Council look as though they are using this to get the people out of their borough. This is really socially and politically explosive at present.

(Yes, the SWP turned up with ready made placards, but they always do. Means nothing in terms of this being organised by political forces with axes to grind. This was from the gut)

Oh, it seems the cladding was £2 a block cheaper - £5000 for the tower - than the flame resistant stuff. The protests are about the attitude of the authorities. it's about being a 2nd class citizen and more and more people who used to feel they had a stake in the status quo no longer do. In London that's a lot of issues and varies from person to person. For me it's brexit. For anyone in a social housing tower block it's about being safe to sleep.
    I didn't say it had anything to do with with corbyn what I said was I said he has helped give life back to the language of protest and reminded people that they can actually choose what kind of government and society we have to live in. Since blair the langiage of politics had become a kind of bland corporate newspeak with professional politicians forgetting who is in charge.

I'm not particularly a corbyn supporter but when was the last time you saw a politician drawing crowds to hear him speak? Be interesting how it all pans out.

Boris might be in trouble as well.

https://www.indy100.com/article/bori...ervice-7790971

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

It is the Daily Mail but if half of it is near the truth.....oh dear.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I'm gobsmacked. I'm saddened. And watching the inferno on telly I was stunned. How does that happen in London??????
    In all my time in the fire services and even as a child I was taught you had the best fire brigades the best firemen and women. That your official laws and standards of building codes were among the best and we copied you guys. When I was watching it I asked " where the hell is that happening?" when mum said London I didn't believe her and thought she had it wrong.
    what a horrible inquest to be involved in. It will take months if not years for this to be gotten through. I don't envy the investigators.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast