I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    04:47 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Bad vibration

The Bristol Hum has been notorious over the years and I was definitely aware of it on occasion. If this is similar then it's geographically located. On the downside the general feeling in Bristol is that it relates to architectural geometry and it's never been mended. If you lived on a coast there's examples of it coming from shoals of fish near beaches.

I expect you've seen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum - does any of that resonate with your experience?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Yeah, I have and it does. But in addition there is a physical shaking that I experience which is actually the worse part of the problem (the humming or booming goes with the vibration). I've found leaving my extractor fan on overnight drowns the Hum part but the vibration is unpleasant, going through the body, shaking the head on the pillow and making the bedclothes tickle just where they stop touching the body. At its worst the vibration causes muscles in my limbs to feel as though they are on the edge of cramping.

It's better than it was. Friday nights seem bad for some reason.

edit: My best guess is that this is to do with the refurbishment work going on in the housing estate across the road. The neighbour problems appear to have been solved.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I can think of two forms of vibration, electromagnetic being one. Sound through any medium is the other. Both are a way of describing the transfer of energy across a distance.

If any other vibrations exist I'm not sure they're known to science but I may be failing to remember. The mystic community no doubt knows at least a dozen more and Scientologists can even measure one of these with a box.

What I'll do is look up detectors for electromagnetism and detectors for sound, and report back. The reason for this post is to see whether you think that's the right area to explore.

I'll start with the unfortunately-named EMFUK company, shall I?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

I think it's sound vibration. Shrug. I could be wrong. My suspicion is that the open ground floor of the block of low rise flats over the road has somehow become a sound box for some piece of machinery but where that machinery is I have no idea. It could be half a mile away where there is some big building work going on with 3 huge cranes on site.

But thank you for looking.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Back in the 70s I used to work as a projectionist in a dump of a Community Cinema (later converted into a Wine Bar). Some way beneath this cinema was a local network railway tunnel. This had the inevitable consequence that about every 20 mins or so there would be a rumbling / vibration throughout the building - it was quite comical at the time when Earthquake was released, as that was released in "Sensorama", which emitted low frequency sounds that were meant to resonate with the furniture. We had it without the fancy equipment.
    Perhaps your place has an Underground Railway deep beneath you?
    No tube near Kingston owing to Victorian snobbery. Stops at Wimbledon. I'd swear there is a motor involved somewhere: It's got that throbbing generator type feel to it. The other thing about it is that although pretty much always there, it changes steadily: I've mentioned the motor, well, at first it was a slowish thump thump thump, then it became a quicker brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, now it's a whine so fast you can barely pick out the individual rotations.

In a way it's not so serious now as I can usually get a fair night's sleep. I'm hoping it's something to do with all the building work that's been going on. If so, when that stops, so should the vibration. Touch wood...

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-19-2017
    Local Time
    09:47 PM
    Gifts Beer

This is a long shot, could it be a gamer near by with super sonic gaming equipment. I am not a gamer expert, but I know you can get some pretty fancy systems that literally can rock your house to bits with noise and vibration??
    Might I suggest some ear plugs and some good cannabis with a high THC level. Block the sound and relax the body and have a better sleep.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

My neighbour is a music internet bloke in some way. My understanding is that HIS system is necessarily pretty big. Back in February there was some thumping and bumping of furniture moving from next door and the problem halved. It's the difference between getting less than 4 hours a night and 4-6 hours, which I've more or less adjusted to.

So I think his computer system was part of the problem. Unfortunately, not the whole of the problem.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-19-2017
    Local Time
    09:47 PM
    Gifts Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    frustrating indeed and I completely get the aggravation of having ones sleep disrupted and things being beyond our control.
    A few years ago, our neighbor was in a bad relationship and alcohol and abuse and loud music created a lot of late night noise for my daughter and I in our home (we are in stand alone homes, so there is 10 feet between their outside wall and our outside wall). It became so bad we were house hunting and looking to move. Fortunately the man has moved away and times are much better now.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2