Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    04:35 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Where else are we going to have a barbecue

A news item this morning.
    The individuals involved in the barbecue said the churchyard was "where we live" and they would be doing it again.

"Pretty much everyone who was down here at the time was homeless," they said.

"Where else are we going to have a barbecue, it don't burn the graves and no way is it disrespectful because nobody has visited this grave."

Barbecue on 200-year-old tombstone 'disgraceful', vicar says - BBC News
    I would be sympathetic were it not for the inanity of the comment. As it is, I'd happily applaud were the lot of them thrashed naked through the town centre by the local constable.

To take one of the polluted gravestones - by which I don't mean desecrated, I mean polluted - that of William Tyrrell, he was the local draper who had lived when younger in London, who died at 56 leaving a wife, Elizabeth.
    Mrs Tyrrell desires to express her deep gratitude to the Clergy, Gentry, and Inhabitants generally of Devizes and neighbourhood for the liberal patronage accorded to her late husband for many years past, and begs to inform them that arrangements for the delivery of the remaining portion of Spring and Summer Goods are now complete - specifically with reference to Millinery, Mantles, Jackets, Costumes, Dresses, Silks and Fancy Goods - of which she respectfully solicits an inspection on and after Tuesday next, the 5th May.
    38, Market Place, Devizes.

The Usher Family of Scotland Elizabeth FOSTER
    Regardless of whether it burns the graves, the barbecue - and the appalling litter - is totally disrespectful.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-24-2017
    Local Time
    03:35 AM

Re: Where else are we going to have a barbecue

Wow! more respect for a dead mans home than the living homeless.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Absolutely no respect whatever for the living homeless when they can't pick their damned litter up after them. I'd have been equally annoyed had they been skiving schoolchildren or an outing of the Royal British Legion.

What part of my post makes you think I'd pick out specifically the living homeless? Go back and look at what I wrote, I make no reference whatever to their homelessness. I make reference to their abysmal standard of hygiene, their lack of esthetic and cultural sensitivity and the mistaken idea that a grave is only to be respected if someone visits it.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-24-2017
    Local Time
    03:35 AM

I didn't say you said anything........ I made a comment.

I stand by that.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Perhaps you see no benefit in having churchyards in the first place other than to picnic devotees.

+ Reply to Thread