I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:44 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Sable ducally gorged and chained

Rhodri Colwyn Philipps, 50, the 4th Viscount St Davids, wrote the message four days after Ms Miller won a Brexit legal challenge against the government in November of last year.

Lord St Davids denies three charges of making malicious communications.

He told Westminster Magistrates' Court the posts were not "menacing".

Lord St Davids, of Knightsbridge, London, wrote on the social media site on 7 November 2016: "£5,000 for the first person to 'accidentally' run over this bloody troublesome first generation immigrant."

[...] Lord St Davids, who was defending himself, accepted writing the posts but told the court they were not publicly visible or menacing.

Gina Miller 'violated' after viscount's Facebook post - BBC News
    Not publicly visible or menacing, eh.

If this overbred incompetent isn't jailed I'll think the court has a problem in handling criminally-inclined aristocrats.

The ancestral motto is "Patriotism is my motive". I wouldn't doubt it for a moment. Patriot is a synonym for scoundrel.

We'll be told tomorrow, apparently. Two years, your honour.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: Sable ducally gorged and chained

Wonder if he will be kicked out of the house of lords (I think he is entitled to a seat)

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

His father was kicked out of the House of Lords long before this one inherited the title, he has no seat in the House of Lords.

The verdict? Very guilty on both counts.
    He said his comments were "meant to be a form of satire, a literary technique, iterated in my personal style, which may not be to everyone's taste, but is understood and accepted by everyone who knows me".

Ms Arbuthnot, in a series of exchanges with the peer, asked Philipps: "Boat jumper, how can I see that as anything other than a racial, ethnic aggravation?"

But Philipps denied the allegation that his posts were "racially aggravated" saying that describing Ms Miller as a "boat jumper" and that she should go back to the "steaming jungle" were "statements of fact not a racist comment at all".

[...] Delivering her verdict, Ms Arbuthnot said there was "nothing private about a Facebook post".

The other post Philipps was convicted for was in response to a news article about an immigrant in Luton, who was involved in a row over housing.

Philipps wrote: "I will open the bidding. £2,000 in cash for the first person to carve Arnold Sube into pieces."

Kate Mulholland, from the Crown Prosecution Service said: "No-one should have these kind of menacing comments made to them or about them."

Philipps will be sentenced later this week.

Aristocrat guilty over 'menacing' Gina Miller Facebook post - BBC News
    I have no doubt his entitled ancestors were just as vilely self-centred. The law, fortunately, will no longer tolerate this sort of assault. Rank no longer carries privilege, it has been castrated. Aristocratic rank is now merely comedic.

Two years please, your honour.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    08:44 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

I am still trying to make sense of the Thread Title.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

The embarrassingly malignant wastrel we're discussing is an entitled [1] member of the British aristocracy, being the 4th Viscount St Davids, and as such he has a coat of arms. Think of it as a picture of a shield. The technical description of the content of this shield, as recorded at the College of Arms, is "Argent a Lion rampant Sable ducally gorged and chained Or langued and armed Gules", none of which I would like to interpret into English. The thread title is a quote from this description.

I was in a pub in Helston last night and every urinal stall in the outdoor men's lean-to had his laminated photo stuck to the porcelain. Perhaps he cut the ribbon at the local Lidl redevelopment recently, or his ancestors owned the droit du seigneur round those parts, or maybe the landlord just regards the chap as a crazed aberration.

[1]: As in, for example, from the OED, "Sally frequently exhibited demanding, rude, and entitled behavior", the word being defined at one point "Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment; spoilt and self-important".

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I am still trying to make sense of the Thread Title.
    Don't worry Spot will explain..............

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The embarrassingly malignant wastrel we're discussing is an entitled [1] member of the British aristocracy, being the 4th Viscount St Davids, and as such he has a coat of arms. Think of it as a picture of a shield. The technical description of the content of this shield, as recorded at the College of Arms, is "Argent a Lion rampant Sable ducally gorged and chained Or langued and armed Gules", none of which I would like to interpret into English. The thread title is a quote from this description.
    Are you any the wiser ?
    And I know what he is talking about.......he has managed to confuse me.

I have no doubt his entitled ancestors were just as vilely self-centred. The law, fortunately, will no longer tolerate this sort of assault. Rank no longer carries privilege, it has been castrated. Aristocratic rank is now merely comedic
    Although I am sure that is the way it should be, even now rank carries a lot of clout, not necessarily aristocratic rank, but the old boys club is alive and kicking still.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Are you any the wiser ?
    I thought I put it across quite well actually.

The chief magistrate may need guidance on addressing this guilt-ridden convict while passing sentence. I offer the following, having found it in a magnificent Victorian case regarding blasphemy which I alluded to here several years ago. It is wonderfully apposite.
    I hope while you are in prison you will have the good sense not to refuse to listen to the advice given to you. You may then find that the superiority of knowledge and wisdom you may suppose you possess, is a matter of the greatest blindness. A new light may dawn upon you, and when it does, you will reproach yourself and repent in bitterness of heart for the words you have uttered and written.
    The satisfaction any judge would have in using those words is enough to make one envious.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time

The judge expressed doubt when, in mitigation, Philipps’s lawyer Sabrina Felix told the court of her client’s remorse. “It is quite a change in two days, isn’t it? Two days ago, he was explaining to me his racist views, as one might say,” the judge said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...of-gina-miller
    Scarcely a chap to stick to his convictions. His conviction, on the other hand, will definitely stick to him.

I wonder whether the magistrates have barred him from using a keyboard once he's released.

If St Davids is still unsure what satire entails I suggest he buys a copy of Private Eye. What he wrote bears no comparison at all. And who knows, he might even be mentioned. Satirically.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

3 Months is about right I reckon.
    He will be able to dine out on that for years.

You do realise he is now a hero to many ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Incitement to murder no less if he was an oick from a council housing scheme I can't help suspecting the sentence would have been harsher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast