Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stop this hideous, depraved crime !

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    01:04 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Re: Stop this hideous, depraved crime !

Oh Gilly, I feel for you.

Think it is that there are far too many (to the authorities) minor crimes that have no chance of being solved.
    I had a burglary s few years ago, the amount of time the police were in the house and the follow up doesn't give you a lot of confidence.
    Then a few weeks later, when your immediate fears have subsided, the letter arrives offering Victim support opens up the wound again.
    I didn't lose much,a few CDs and such like but the feeling you get when returning home and unlocking the door, not knowing who might be in there and that somebody has been and knows me and my family via the photos displayed is frightening.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

It's the first time it's even happened to me but worrying all the same, the boats starter battery was playing up and the kids wanted to borrow her so I replaced it and brought the old one home to recharge. I left it in the garage on a multi-stage charger and that night it exploded - boiling acid flying round is not my idea of fun and the clean up job was no fun either.

From this I learn, if a battery is playing up then dump it (in the right place of course).

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

If they make Lithium cells more efficient they'll end up as replacements for dynamite.

At least you had it in the garage rather than the kitchen. Aren't boat batteries bigger than car batteries? Or do you have two with one dedicated to starting the engine.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    10:04 AM

It is hideous.
    But half the chemicals I use are corrosive. crikey! you can make a bomb out of a bucket of chlorine and another household substance that I won't mention. You'd have to ban all manner of batteries.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If they make Lithium cells more efficient they'll end up as replacements for dynamite.

At least you had it in the garage rather than the kitchen. Aren't boat batteries bigger than car batteries? Or do you have two with one dedicated to starting the engine.
    One dedicated starter battery (standard car battery) and three leisure batteries that are, indeed larger.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time

Chlorine bleach is a dreadful thing to have in a domestic setting and yet families with children just keep it out in the open instead of in a locked area. It will kill if it's swallowed, it will blind people if it gets into their eyes, it blisters skin if mistaken for body lotion. Depending on what you pour into it your room will immediately fill with chlorine gas, or phosgene (one of the Great War's mustard gases), or flames [1] or boiling chloroform [2], all of which can kill everyone present. What people need is educating, not licences.

As for dangerous unlicensed materials, petrol's not safe either. Tipping a litre of petrol onto anyone's head is positively dangerous, especially indoors near a lit hob. Are we going to sign a petition to require police registration and a permit for buying, storing or using petrol?

It'll be tap water after that, mark my words. People could drown and you can carry it about in a bucket.

If you remember how in the Titanic film [3] the Engineer Officer vented boilers to prevent a high-pressure explosion, that's what I'm doing. It's called letting off steam. I might stop eventually when I get past this damnable and unworkable police-register licensing notion. There seems to be an ever-increasing 'insanity' creeping into our lives.

[1]: A kilo of calcium carbide, on sale at Halfords last time I checked and used in pre-war bike lamps.

[2]: As in "never pour a bottle of nail varnish remover into chlorine bleach".

[3]: A Night To Remember. Screenplay by Eric Ambler. Perf. Kenneth More, David McCallum, Honor Blackman, Gerald Harper. 1958. Film.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

It's a bit pointless just looking at acid - and it is not made clear what the actual chemical was. Just have a look riund your local diy store or supermarket. Paint stripper, bleach, drain cleaner, oven cleaner there are dozens of items that could be used in this manner you can buy battery acid on line it would be impossible to enforce all you could realistically do is perhaps put an age restriction on it.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-19-2017
    Local Time
    06:04 PM
    Gifts Beer

So we list of all these hazards and there are so many more of them out there, and same for "potential" hazards. Just what do we do to keep safe from the misuse?
    Educate the right handling and keep the media away from the situations that actually offer up the exact way to "not" handle them.

Stop mass media from posting exactly how to do these "crimes".
    Hazardous material is never going away, and anyone who has to use it generally has some kind of training and knowledge of how to use it safely. If the media did not blather details, I bet there would be less incidents of misuse, or usage to cause harm to others.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    09-20-2017
    Local Time

Top of my list of hazards would be walking clifftop paths, I have no idea how anyone can do that. I have had vertigo since puberty.

I suspect those who do these crimes learn the techniques from within the criminal fraternity, I doubt whether any of them pick it up from normal sources.

I just watched an insanely unlikely scene in series 2 of Broadchurch in which a murderer on his prison bed flips through family pictures on his smartphone screen. These screenwriters have no grip on reality at all but even so you'd think the actor would have balked.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-19-2017
    Local Time
    06:04 PM
    Gifts Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I dunno Spot, kids pick up all kinds of horrible crap from social media, and even the news. I mean really do we need to see these crimes and criminals and all the details hitting the headlines of our daily news papers?
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast