I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    01:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Trump , Endorsing ‘police brutality’

This guy Trump is a real piece of work. I had a lot to say after hearing it out of his mouth, but this article says it quite well for me.

U.S. police chiefs blast Trump for endorsing ‘police brutality’

Police leaders across the country moved quickly to distance themselves from — or to outright condemn — President Trump’s statements about “roughing up” people who’ve been arrested.

The swift public denunciations came as departments are under intense pressure to stamp out brutality and excessive force that can erode the relationship between officers and the people they police — and cost police chiefs their jobs.

Some police leaders worried that three sentences uttered by the president during a Long Island, N.Y., speech could upend nearly three decades of fence-mending since the 1991 Los Angeles Police Department beating of Rodney King ushered in an era of distrust of police.

“It’s the wrong message,” Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, told Washington radio station WTOP while speaking of the trust-building work that departments have undertaken since King’s beating. “The last thing we need is a green light from the president of the United States for officers to use unnecessary force.”

Trump made the comments at a gathering of law enforcement officers at Suffolk County Community College in New York.

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over?” Trump said, miming the physical motion of an officer shielding a suspect’s head to keep it from bumping against the squad car.

“Like, don’t hit their head, and they just killed somebody — don’t hit their head,” Trump continued. “I said, you can take the hand away, okay?”

Trump’s remarks came after he spoke about local towns ravaged by gang violence.

WASHINGTON POST

"The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    08:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Trump , Endorsing ‘police brutality’

...par for the course.

He really does seem to think the Presidency is like a mediaeval monarchy: He puts family members into important posts, he regards personal loyalty as the most important trait of subordinates, Parliament should just do as it is told, and the King is responsible for everything, except when it fails in which case it's the fault of his evil advisers.

At present I rate him as less capable than John. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_King_of_England
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    06:26 PM

He's such a dangerous man. And the ladder climbers along side him are psychopathic individuals.
    I dont understand why Americans are putting up with him...... how come the people cant get rid of him?

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time

Seriously! Wheres the cut off point? Who does this idiot have to piss off before someone does something?
    He doesnt even have a party anymore. He's just a solitary businessman laying boss.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    07:26 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I remember the days when Far Rider struggled with honoring the office despite the office-holder, having previously insisted we were all obliged to honor the office despite Dubya smirking his way through press interviews.

Perhaps President Trump - and I do think the job he's doing is a net benefit, there being no US-led wars to speak of started under his Presidency - perhaps he's the final nail in the "honor the office" claptrap. About time too. Well done that man. I still think he'll get re-elected in 2020.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

There is no cut off point before the next election. Or if there was supposed to be, it didn't work (some College could have stopped him in theory, iirc, but it didn't happen because the relevant College has just become rubber stamp...?)

So the US and the world is stuck with him for a few years.

I don't get the Respect the Office thing as it seems to be today - the person in the Office can be respected or not, but the Office is just a political post. Respect for a post is surely just a reflection of what we expect from the people who hold it: Doctors, judges and even sometimes presidents are usually approached with respect because as a rule they have been respectable people - but not always. You do not respect a Mengele because he was a doctor or Freisler because he was a judge or Pinochet because he was a president. All Trump does is prove that a presidency is only as respectable as the office holder. Even the US Presidency.

edit: I'm looking at the more positive qualities of respect in particular. It's arguable that respect is always at root a matter of how much that person can hurt you.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

...exit Scaramucci...

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time

Trumps thunderbolts of lightening, very very frightening.eeeeeeeeehhhhh

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Mama Mia!

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    02:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    His press secretary said that he was only joking when he said that. Well, she got it partly right. He is a joke.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast