I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-21-2017
    Local Time
    06:34 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Annabel Smith, head of volunteering and participation development

I merely want to comment on vapid meaningless claptrap.
    Staff and volunteers at Felbrigg Hall in Norfolk were asked to wear rainbow-coloured badges and lanyards in support of an LGBTQ campaign.

But 30 of the 350 volunteers were offered duties away from the public after choosing not to wear them.

[...] Initially the trust defended its decision and Annabel Smith, head of volunteering and participation development, said: "All of our staff and volunteers sign up to our founding principles when they join us - we are an organisation that is for ever, for everyone."

National Trust U-turn over LGBTQ badges for volunteers - BBC News
    The vapid meaningless claptrap is "for everyone".

Perhaps we can ask for mandatory BDSM chest stickers on National Trust front-facing volunteers where one-time owners of National Trust properties have at some stage rampantly engaged in bondage, discipline, submission and sadomasochism. I reckon that would be at least half the stately homes of England, and I'm making a generously low estimate there. Or would the head of volunteering and participation development rather discriminate against BDSM folk and ban Venus In Furs from the souvenir bookshop even where invitational cries of "Nanny I've Been Bad Again" can still be heard echoing faintly down the years? What's her real criterion for inclusivity if these sticker campaigns promoting local historical links are not in fact "for everyone", as they blatantly aren't?

Perhaps don't-be-embarrassing courses for the national management would be in order.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    03:34 AM

Re: Annabel Smith, head of volunteering and participation development

Unless you sign up for a "uniform" or a code of dress, no one has the right to discriminate against you.

So thats what BDSM stands for?

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2017
    Local Time
    06:34 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Annabel Smith, head of volunteering and participation development

Register to remove this ad.
    They can ask, that's fine, but to show discrimination against those who decline is crossing the line as far as I'm concerned.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread