is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2018
    Local Time
    05:34 AM

Re: California Wildfires

Im sorry ....im not understanding your point.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    06:34 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Im sorry ....im not understanding your point.
    You seemed to be trying to dismiss the role arsonists play in starting bush fires.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    01:34 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin View Post
    The conditions were right. It is peak wildfire season in the area. The "Diablo Winds" were blowing strong, with very low humidity air from the Great Basin. Any little thing could have started the tinder dry grass and scrub brush. Today it was revealed that the power company was responding to multiple calls of arcing and sparking wires on the poles about 2 hours before the first fire was reported.
    It would definitely be preferable that this (or some of it) wasn't arson. There are deranged individuals who track weather patterns and know when the conditions are just right for this purpose though. I read that there were something like 17 separate fires going at once. And the timing is just so coincidental.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You seemed to be trying to dismiss the role arsonists play in starting bush fires.
    Dont be silly. I have said no such thing. And thats all youve come up with? Do you know how many fires we have.....media hype!....think about this..the media trying to get a story says...'fires were deliberately lit' and they are correct. They were for purposes....but then something happens and the 'deliberately lit' fire escapes it contained area. But they dont tell you that .

Regardless....climate change is causing more damage than any arsonist...in fact its helping them.
    Did you know within the next thirty years Sydney and melbourne will experience 50 degree temps? So will california...IN THE CITIES AND SUBURBS! How is anyone going to fight fires in those temps?

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    It would definitely be preferable that this (or some of it) wasn't arson. There are deranged individuals who track weather patterns and know when the conditions are just right for this purpose though. I read that there were something like 17 separate fires going at once. And the timing is just so coincidental.
    Have you checked the wind conditions and tracking of the fire? You may be seeing ember attack. Depending on winds embers can travel up to 100 kms. An easy 10 to 30 kms is not uncommon.

May i ask about the coincidence factor though? Im not following?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

May i ask about the coincidence factor though? Im not following?
    Las Vegas shooting was dominating the headlines and conversations in the US until the fires. As I've said already, it had to be a very big diversion this time because of the numbers killed and wounded as well as the crowd of people fired on. These were country and western music listeners - a segment of our population that, generally speaking, is supportive of gun rights. The gun manufacturers depend on them for support, and the NRA manipulates them like putty.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    06:34 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Dont be silly. I have said no such thing.
    Go on then - what did "Sick and tired of people blaming arsonists when they dont understand what is actually happening around them" mean, if it wasn't trying to dismiss the role arsonists play in starting bush fires. This could just be a misunderstanding of what you meant by that sentence.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    10:34 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Yes, there is the possibility of arson and that, as a potential weapon of terror or just evil, is frightening. There have also been very many cases of pure stupidity in starting wildfires in the general region. There were the teens playing with firecrackers, the hunters with an illegal campfire, etc. There have also been cases where some of the fires seemed intentionally set.

If an arsonist was responsible, they must have been very nimble and mobile, given the dispersion and timing of the fires. For some, it is far more likely that airborne embers from another fire had a role. Given the radio traffic sending repair crews out to reports of problems in the electric power lines before the first fire, that seems the most likely cause of some of the fires around the Napa Valley.

I live about 80 miles away (as the crow flies) from the nearest fire and the air quality here is terrible. The haze is so thick that I can see it when looking at a tree 20 feet away. Hopefully, with the wind change and humidity rise in the area of the fires, they will make significant progress in fighting them.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Some of the pictures I've seen have an apocalyptic look.

There could have been more than one arsonist involved working as a group. That idea is what's most disturbing to me.

Another thing that concerns me is the possibility of collusion between the authorities and the press/media. If there was arson anything like I'm describing, the chaos that could ensue if that became public knowledge might be just as bad, if not worse, than the fires themselves.

I'm not saying that I'm right. In fact, I'd like not to be, but these are possibilities that we are forced to entertain in today's political and natural environments.

We could be witnessing the early stages of a civil war. And not just two sides either. It's always been bound to happen sooner or later.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2018
    Local Time
    10:34 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Register to remove this ad.
    Some of the pictures I've seen have an apocalyptic look.

There could have been more than one arsonist involved working as a group. That idea is what's most disturbing to me.

Another thing that concerns me is the possibility of collusion between the authorities and the press/media. If there was arson anything like I'm describing, the chaos that could ensue if that became public knowledge might be just as bad, if not worse, than the fires themselves.

I'm not saying that I'm right. In fact, I'd like not to be, but these are possibilities that we are forced to entertain in today's political and natural environments.

We could be witnessing the early stages of a civil war. And not just two sides either. It's always been bound to happen sooner or later.
    If it were the early stages of a civil war, why choose those targets? There would certainly be more strategic targets for any side involved. And why would there be almost as many wildfires burning in "red" areas of the state as there are in the "blue" areas? There are at least 20 wildfires burning around the state right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast