I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    07:28 PM

Re: California Wildfires

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Go on then - what did "Sick and tired of people blaming arsonists when they dont understand what is actually happening around them" mean, if it wasn't trying to dismiss the role arsonists play in starting bush fires. This could just be a misunderstanding of what you meant by that sentence.
    Because its the first 'go to' blame game excuse. And now theres groups of them?
    Now a civil war?
    Blood hell.

Wandrin, if you live 80 kms away and the news reports say its coming your way .... the only thing you should be thinking is implementing your fire plan and getting ready to leave.....EARLY!
    Otherwise, help your self out and clear around your property, its not too late to clear away any fuel.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:28 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Now a civil war?
    Blood hell.

Wandrin, if you live 80 kms away and the news reports say its coming your way .... the only thing you should be thinking is implementing your fire plan and getting ready to leave.....EARLY!
    Otherwise, help your self out and clear around your property, its not too late to clear away any fuel.
    I'm 80 miles away - about 130km and San Francisco Bay is in between. But it is wildfire season so there is always the threat of fires in the mountains here or the grass or scrub. I have diligently kept the property cleared according to the guidelines.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

Hmmm...i know what you mean. Fire restrictions begin next monday here and wont be lifted again till next may. Theyre not pissing around this year

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    04:28 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Now a civil war?
    Blood hell.
    It's a conversation. I'm not saying there are anything. I've said these are possibilities and legitimate concerns for some of us.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin View Post
    If it were the early stages of a civil war, why choose those targets? There would certainly be more strategic targets for any side involved. And why would there be almost as many wildfires burning in "red" areas of the state as there are in the "blue" areas? There are at least 20 wildfires burning around the state right now.
    Because it wouldn't appear that way, it looks natural, and it is plausible to make that argument exactly like you and magflame are doing. With all the planning that goes on in this country to shield us against accidental incidences and terror, you'd think that the idea of sparks from electrical sources flying around those areas would have been predicted and attended to in advance? If any area of California would have been put under a microscope concerning anything fire related, it'd be this area.

We know the authorities didn't take action against the Bundy federal land takeover, we also know the authorities turned a blind eye to white violence in Charlottesville. In both cases had the participants been black or liberal the police responses would have been very different. Indeed, we know there are lots of white officials that are sympathetic to legally arming the white population. We know the corporate media has an established relationship with many of these people and often works hand-in-glove with the authorities to suppress information or spread misinformation. And we know for sure that there's plenty of support in our political institutions for all this. This particular faction feels very emboldened at the present time and we can see that we've got nothing but more of the same for the foreseeable future.

All that said, I could and hope to be totally wrong and this was just sloppy camping. And, that said, I'm not so sure I'd believe the reports if that's what the official version turns out to be.

Skepticism to the extent that I am expressing it goes to the cultural course this country has been taking over the past several decades. We're all very much suspicious of each other. Myself included. And, believe it or not, I'm a pretty easy going person. At least that's what I'm told by people who know me.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

I said it here after the Sandy Hook massacre, and I'll say it again now. The appropriate song for our time is Led Zepplin's When The Levee Breaks. Take a fresh listen.

is starting another school year.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:28 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Denying climate change and ignoring its affects is playing havoc on entire populations.
    I agree with magentaflame. Why is the world burning up? Because the world is BURNING UP!

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    I agree with magentaflame. Why is the world burning up? Because the world is BURNING UP!
    Being suspicious of arson is not a denial of global warming, it's absurd to suggest otherwise. However, certain arsonists might be in denial of global warming.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:28 AM
    Gifts Beer

reporting in from Canada, British Columbia alone as of Mid August 2017....894,491 hectares burned.
    Many of those fires were finally contained mid September. So the number of hectares burned is higher.
    This was deemed British Columbia's worst year ever for wild fires.
    Our media reports human error for a few (burning barrel got out of control, welding job shot sparks, fire started etc) ...
    The hard cold facts here this year... lightening... lightening started 3/4 of the BC fires.
    Global warming, perhaps. But then again some of these fires were left to burn in the remote areas as they posed no threat to humans and thus increased the area of burned land... the good news... in all these fires, we are killing the nasty Pine Beetle. I think it's a cycle, I think madame mother nature intended it. A kind of natural purge.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-21-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Because it wouldn't appear that way, it looks natural, and it is plausible to make that argument exactly like you and magflame are doing. With all the planning that goes on in this country to shield us against accidental incidences and terror, you'd think that the idea of sparks from electrical sources flying around those areas would have been predicted and attended to in advance? If any area of California would have been put under a microscope concerning anything fire relatee.
    You wanna hear something really depressing? Its cheaper for the big corporate energy companies to pay out a settlement after their infrastructure has caused a calamity rather than update the existing poles, towers, boxes to protect from this particular problem.
    Thats capitalism for ya. Because it all comes down to the bottom line......its about money not mismanagement in their eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast