I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    04:11 AM

Re: California Wildfires

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I said it here after the Sandy Hook massacre, and I'll say it again now. The appropriate song for our time is Led Zepplin's When The Levee Breaks. Take a fresh listen.
    California doesnt have much of a levee....its been known for over a decade youre running out of water...you just have to notice all your lakes drying up because theyve drained them

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Being suspicious of arson is not a denial of global warming, it's absurd to suggest otherwise. However, certain arsonists might be in denial of global warming.
    Im not denying arson. Im just saying that its the governments (of every country) go to excuse before they look into what really happened. We have a hot line here to dob in an arsonist during summee months which sort of infers we have multitudes of arsonists running around willy nilly.
    Have a look at the psychology of an arsonist. Theyre not that bright and not as organised as you think. Lol and although they may have the brain of a herd animal they dont gather in groups.

But what i think has been suggested here is the deliberate starting of fires to financially cripple certain areas. That would be a different kind of crime.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by minks View Post
    reporting in from Canada, British Columbia alone as of Mid August 2017....894,491 hectares burned.
    Many of those fires were finally contained mid September. So the number of hectares burned is higher.
    This was deemed British Columbia's worst year ever for wild fires.
    Our media reports human error for a few (burning barrel got out of control, welding job shot sparks, fire started etc) ...
    The hard cold facts here this year... lightening... lightening started 3/4 of the BC fires.
    Global warming, perhaps. But then again some of these fires were left to burn in the remote areas as they posed no threat to humans and thus increased the area of burned land... the good news... in all these fires, we are killing the nasty Pine Beetle. I think it's a cycle, I think madame mother nature intended it. A kind of natural purge.
    Yep here too. Lightening.
    Plus large fires tends to create its own weather.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    12:11 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    California doesnt have much of a levee....its been known for over a decade youre running out of water...you just have to notice all your lakes drying up because theyve drained them
    People here think I'm a literalist?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    05:11 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

But what i think has been suggested here is the deliberate starting of fires to financially cripple certain areas.
    Not by me.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time
    06:11 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the fires were arson because these fires very often are arson. However saying that doesn't mean I'm denying climate change. Personally I think these fires were bigger, stronger and faster moving because of climate change and we will see more of it, along with greater intensity of hurricanes (and possibly more of them) sea level rise and the disappearance of pack ice.

People will continue to deny it because they would rather die than admit they were wrong.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if some of the fires were arson because these fires very often are arson. However saying that doesn't mean I'm denying climate change. Personally I think these fires were bigger, stronger and faster moving because of climate change and we will see more of it, along with greater intensity of hurricanes (and possibly more of them) sea level rise and the disappearance of pack ice.

People will continue to deny it because they would rather die than admit they were wrong.
    Our government has been buying back seaside properties because they banned building on them....they wont be under water in thirty years but 10. Just need to have a look at very famous islands in the pacific and the crisis they are heading toward. There have been plans for ages for the refugee count and intakes between britain france aus and nz...
    Weve already been told (by more than one chief scientist) that hurricanes and cyclones wont increase in number but they will become more intense. Thats not only on land but also what they will do to the close seaboards of countries they hit. Depleting fishing, tourism etc

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time

Our government has been buying back seaside properties because they banned building on them....they wont be c in thirty years but 10. Just need to have a look at very famous islands in the pacific and the crisis they are heading toward.
    If you could point to a single property in Australia which will be "under water" - let's say wet, shall we - in either 10 or 30 years because of rising sea levels, which isn't already either under water or wet already for other reasons, I'd be interested to take a look. I don't believe sea levels anywhere around Australia will rise by more than 6cm as a worst case by 2030, and neither does your government - www.ozcoasts.gov.au/climate/sd_visual.jspaca shows their "high-end scenario" figures and that amounts to a worst case of 6cm between now and 2030. Were I asked I'd say that was twice what you'll actually see. I'd call it one inch myself.

Under water in ten years - Where? Point at one. We can post a photo in 2030 and see what actually happened.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time

Near me? Seaspray area . And multiple other areas along the coastline.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-11-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Near me? Seaspray area . And multiple other areas along the coastline.
    You don't want to comment on the www.ozcoasts.gov.au/climate/sd_visual.jspaca figures, vis-a-vis one inch by 2030 as opposed to under water in ten years?

I don't dispute the buy-back but that's for land put under a revised building embargo which previously had building permission, not for drowning houses. It's an apology for a policy balls-up.

Your under water in ten years prediction is very like Truthbringer's 2012 apocalypse warnings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast