is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    12:58 PM

Re: California Wildfires

Spotty, spotty,spotty....i know of peoples houses that are in danger NOW.
    Tell me something...what do you consider "under water"?

thats the official line spot....for heavens sake they had to move two entire caravan parks and the surf life saving club.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:58 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I expect someone made some cash somewhere along the line. Follow the money.

Under water means you can peer over your oars and look down on the roof. That's the only possible meaning of under water.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Climate change and rising waters is not equivelant to noahs flood.
    Its about erosion...which in this case is from the sea.And we're not talking cliff faces here. We're talking about low lying coastline where you can actually wittness in real time how far the water is coming in further and further. From storm surge to king tides to tides.
    They had yo build an elevated road into Sale. Its in an area that occasionally flooded...alls good there's wetlands there, thats why the black swans go thete to breed. BUT....weve gone very quickly from a tidal river flooding that area seasonally to water there all the time.....thats not only worrying but also dangerous the next big flood incident.

Quite frankly i dont know why youd want to build there anyway...which btw many hadnt over a 50 year period....its mosquito infested. Not my choice of camping spots. And yes youre right , it stops people suing.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

What you say is undeniable but linking it to a rise in sea level isn't supportable. We have erosion like that too, but we've had it since before Alfred the Great invented England.
    At the height of its fortunes in the early 14th century, Ravenser Odd was a town of national importance, regularly supplying the king with two fully equipped ships and armed men for his war with the Scots.

"It had a royal charter, a market and annual fair, a town mayor, customs officer and other officials, as well as numerous cargo ships, fishing boats and warehouses. There was also a court, prison and chapel. Shakespeare's Richard II also speaks of a town called Ravenspurg (Ravenser).

"By 1346 it was recorded that two-thirds of the town and its buildings had been lost to the sea due to erosion, and in the years that followed, from about 1349 to 1360, the sea had completely destroyed Ravenser Odd.

Lost villages - BBC News

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

You dont understand spot. Our chief scientists keep saying that we were warned 30 years ago....we are now living within their warning time slot.its not something in the future anymore.....its NOW! We are seeing the affects of being under water NOW!
    When waters rise....which they have already.
    Try telling all the islanders in the pacific they are imagining things. Maybe the affects are slower, or different in the alantic but the indian and pacific oceans are showing the signs NOW!

Even that stupid Abbott isnt denying things now....he's changed his tune to "climate change is a good thing" ....another words ...burn more coal, we'll all see the benefits.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

I heard an admirable chap on the radio last night, Kevin Rudd, discussing the Chinese Premier's future intentions. He - Mr Rudd - has a brain and a half, I could listen to him for hours. Informed, informative and coherent. Very sound, I thought. I'm sorry you're stuck with that Turnbull fellow. I'm not sure I've heard Tony Abbott speak.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Okay, youre talking to an Australian now.
    If you like the odd megliamaniac....im sure you'll like Rudd. But he wasnt booted for nothing (and im left leaning) im pretty sure he's looking for the chairmanship of China and selling Australia out to what he sees as "the winning side" . If he had his way we would be allies of north korea instead of you guys.
    Abbott is insane.
    Turnbull is a cars salesman who keeps.telling us we're sitting on a cushion when in reality we're being ****ed up the arse with a pineapple. Pointy bit first.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

You will, I hope, accept my condolences on the loss of your Holden plant. If it were me I'd be very upset.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Yep, no more car manufacturing in Australia again. Not one. First it was ford, then holden in vic, then toyota.... and the final nail in the coffin SA's holden plant....thats it now.
    So if you have a car that was built in Aus....i suggest you hang onto it.
    My brother started at holden when he was long haired and still a teen. He had his drawings of cars with him at interview and some big nob walked in andand looked at his work. Next minute he has a job that put him eventually in charge of 5 engineers. He was part of the team that redesigned the dashboard of the SS for overseas consumption. He finished up as an exec with them. Just before the melbourne close he did this huge turn aroynd and joined a union....i almost fell off my chair.
    That was a couple of years ago....i think he's still at uni re-skilling.....but then again he doesnt like the dizzying fall of the powerful. Uni, i guess gives him a status? Of some sort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5