----

Local Date
    01-20-2018
    Local Time
    12:30 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Fire and Fury

There has to be a thread. Plus popcorn.

I reckon we'll know everything we need to know from the book, online, soon.

So far on the releases given us I find the book convincing and Trump hilarious. I'm sure there are some inaccuracies - Wolff got his information from people who often hadn't a clue, after all and there's sure to be some details the Trump administration can point to as wrong.

But the picture of chaos I do find convincing. Is Bannon going to sue for libel over the treason allegations?

If it turns out to be true that Trump never expected to win and was horrified to do so...man, are historians going to laugh! (If any survive...)

The other thing of course is that Trump has been this book's best publicist. Is this the moment his Twitter habit wrecks him?
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:30 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: Fire and Fury

I always believed Trump was surprised along with the rest of the world with his win. That is why I think Comey felt comfortable with the damage he did to Clinton days prior to the election. I think the intel community wanted her barely limping into the office without a clear mandate so she could be either controlled by intelligence or impeached if need be.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    11:30 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Is Bannon going to sue for libel over the treason allegations?
    I'd have thought he was more likely to be sued if any writs start flying. Part of the amusement at all this is the insanely litigious nature of American society where Freedum counts for so much more than common sense ever could.

The American air would be so much cleaner if confidentiality clauses were illegal in non-commercial settings. It would ban legally-enforceable bribe conditions from shoring up the suppression of sex scandals. I'd love to know how many people have confidentiality clauses with the President in exchange for money.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Trump's favorite threat.
    Voltaire

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Every time President Trump speaks in front of TV cameras it's increasingly evident he's irreversibly losing brain function. Sadly I can't see him still being President by the end of the year, it distresses me.

Here's a clip from Fire and Fury, it's where I've got to and the tone is wonderful.
    On the Saturday after the election, Donald Trump received a small group of well-wishers in his triplex
    apartment in Trump Tower. Even his close friends were still shocked and bewildered, and there was a
    dazed quality to the gathering. But Trump himself was mostly looking at the clock.

Rupert Murdoch, heretofore doubtlessly certain Trump was a charlatan and a fool, said he and his new
    wife, Jerry Hall, would pay a call on the president-elect. But Murdoch was late—quite late. Trump kept
    assuring his guests that Rupert was on his way, coming soon. When some of the guests made a move to
    leave, Trump cajoled them to stay a little longer. You’ll want to stay to see Rupert. (Or, one of the guests
    interpreted, you’ll want to stay to see Trump with Rupert.)

Murdoch, who, with his then wife, Wendi, had often socialized with Jared and Ivanka, in the past made
    little effort to hide his lack of interest in Trump. Murdoch’s fondness for Kushner created a curious piece
    of the power dynamic between Trump and his son-in-law, one that Kushner, with reasonable subtly, played
    to his advantage, often dropping Murdoch’s name into conversations with his father-in-law. When, in 2015,
    Ivanka Trump told Murdoch that her father really, truly was going to run for president, Murdoch dismissed
    the possibility out of hand.

But now, the new president-elect—after the most astonishing upset in American history—was on
    tenterhooks waiting for Murdoch. “He’s one of the greats,” he told his guests, becoming more agitated as
    he waited. “Really, he’s one of the greats, the last of the greats. You have to stay to see him.”
    It was a matched set of odd reversals—an ironic symmetry. Trump, perhaps not yet appreciating the
    difference between becoming president and elevating his social standing, was trying mightily to curry
    favor with the previously disdainful media mogul. And Murdoch, finally arriving at the party he was in
    more than one way sorely late to, was as subdued and thrown as everyone else, and struggling to adjust his
    view of a man who, for more than a generation, had been at best a clown prince among the rich and
    famous.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

If Trump is going to blow, really blow, this book would be the sort of thing that ignites him. This feeds his paranoia to the (Tr)ump degree.

But, I agree that he might not make it to the end of the year. He looks completely worn out.
    Voltaire

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    05:30 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

In two weeks it will be, "WHAT BOOK?".

I do enjoy reading the newspaper quotes, but I suspect there is nothing more to it than that.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    In two weeks it will be, "WHAT BOOK?".
    I would doubt there are even five books I've had over the last fifty years which I can't both bring to mind and recall in precis. Anyone who can read a book and forget it in two weeks has a major mental disability. Perhaps it's just as well President Bluto never reads books, eh?

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    01-20-2018
    Local Time
    10:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I always believed Trump was surprised along with the rest of the world with his win. That is why I think Comey felt comfortable with the damage he did to Clinton days prior to the election. I think the intel community wanted her barely limping into the office without a clear mandate so she could be either controlled by intelligence or impeached if need be.
    I agree I thought he looked absolutely paralysed.
    Dont know much about the book apart from lawyers are trying to stop it? but is that just a promotional lurk to make people want to read it?

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    05:30 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I would doubt there are even five books I've had over the last fifty years which I can't both bring to mind and recall in precis.
    I was being dismissive of that book, as its lasting effect is destined to dwindle to zero, and probably just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Anyone who can read a book and forget it in two weeks has a major mental disability. Perhaps it's just as well President Bluto never reads books, eh?
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast