----

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    01:36 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Met Sir Edward Davey, MP.

Thank you.

She was someone I knew before, but not that well. I'm sure you know what I mean if I say that if I had told her to get lost I'd still have had to face the bathroom mirror...

And I'm not sure you can be friends when the power imbalance is as great as it is currently. After the dust has settled, then, hopefully, we will be friends.

chuckle. Thankfully there is no attraction there. Either way.
    Last edited by Clodhopper; 06-05-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Accidentally edited out Thank you somewhere in several edits.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Well, still no sign of any money, though Employment Support seem to be saying they will pay something, sometime. The latest development appears to be that while both Employment Support and Jobseekers agree she is owed money for the time they have been messing up her claim (I'm just talking backdated, not compensation) both are saying it is the other who owes.

Yesterday she spent the whole morning on hold (literally - I could hear the hold music since she had it on speakerphone so she could at least do some other things) and getting put through to the wrong department (ie buck passing). Eventually at 1:37 she was told there was nothing the person she was speaking to could do but she had arranged for the right people to call her and it would be in the next 3 hours absolutely definitely for sure certainly, the time being noted by all and phone numbers checked. 4:37 came and went and no sign of these mystery people. The lack of surprise here was truly stunning in its beige blandness.

The sort of problem this has created is that now she has no money for car insurance and I have no off-street parking. All parking round here is on a 3 hour limit 8:30am to 6 pm. Because they cancelled her Mobility Allowance as well somewhere in all this (the letter was sent to her old address) she has no free parking until her application as a resident here goes through. So she must illegally move her car every three hours or face a fine each time. We are less than 5 mins walk from the Traffic Warden office. They are like hawks and have already got her once.

edit: She's practically in tears at he prospect of dealing with it again today and her feet are playing up. Going to try to get a doctor's appointment - she's really struggling to cope at present.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-23-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    There has been progress - she is now getting ESA at about £40/week and I think Housing are paying something. She's had some emails from Sir Edward explaining what is going on and he is moving on to look at housing. This is still far from satisfactory but a lot better than things were.

As can be imagined she is a lot calmer and more able to deal with things as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2