I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    12:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Murders and more

We live in a big county. It is unfair to define us simply by some simple arithmetic.

WHERE KILLINGS GO UNSOLVED
    What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? - W. C. Fields

A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her. - W. C. Fields

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    10:52 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Re: Murders and more

Is is interesting, though, that in the various cities they covered there were the areas of low, high, and normal arrest rates. Sometime when I have the time, I'll take their map of the areas in San Francisco and figure out the neighborhood names that go with them so I can recognize them if I watch the evening news.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

My first impression seeing the image with murders flagged up in a small neighbourhood was how you all take it as normal......nearly.
    Of course it's not in every area or as widespread as the picture leads us to believe.............but you put up with it.

Shame on you.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Surely the bigger question should be how to stop them happening in the first place - or, at least, reduce it. The answer is glaringly obvious to everyone in the rest of the world. Gun control. In the US there is a gun related killing every few seconds. How much time is put into just attempting to solve any of these crimes? Even if it were just 1 min, the number of incidents far outweighs the investigation time. I suspect the only ones that get any investigation are those where the victim had some modicum of wealth and/or socio/political power. After all, do you really believe that an everyday black guy found shot in the street is going to get anywhere near the resources put into the murder investigation as that of a Corporate CEO found in the same circumstances? Same crime. Same conditions. Different value put on the victim's life.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin View Post
    Is is interesting, though, that in the various cities they covered there were the areas of low, high, and normal arrest rates. Sometime when I have the time, I'll take their map of the areas in San Francisco and figure out the neighborhood names that go with them so I can recognize them if I watch the evening news.
    I grew up and lived most my life in the Los Angeles area. It came as no surprise where there was the least number of murders solved, cause that where the most happen.

The local police had suffered so much from bad press and lack of support from the local government it makes it most difficult to garner local citizen support. Local citizen support is especially important when it comes to gangs/drugs.

A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her. - W. C. Fields

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    My first impression seeing the image with murders flagged up in a small neighbourhood was how you all take it as normal......nearly.
    Of course it's not in every area or as widespread as the picture leads us to believe.............but you put up with it.

Shame on you.
    Reminds me of where I last lived. In that part of Los Angeles where the local police patrol was Devonshire Community Police Station, commonly referred to a CLUB DEV because of the lack of violent crime.

Well, things are a changn, hate to say. We did have minor property crime which only got worse. Well, it is diffcult to prevent opportunist crime. The surrounding area demographics change, for the worse.

Can't fight city hall, so we left.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Can't fight city hall, so we left.
    Thought City Hall fought with you or at least for you.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    [QUOTE=FourPart;1519523]Surely the bigger question should be how to stop them happening in the first place - or, at least, reduce it.[quote]

I hate picking on Chicago, but it is the obvious example.

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The answer is glaringly obvious to everyone in the rest of the world. Gun control.
    Chicago has very strict gun laws, Are Chicago's gun laws that strict? An explainer but a lot of gun-related crime.

In the US there is a gun related killing every few seconds. How much time is put into just attempting to solve any of these crimes? Even if it were just 1 min, the number of incidents far outweighs the investigation time.
    I suspect the only ones that get any investigation are those where the victim had some modicum of wealth and/or socio/political power. After all, do you really believe that an everyday black guy found shot in the street is going to get anywhere near the resources put into the murder investigation as that of a Corporate CEO found in the same circumstances? Same crime. Same conditions. Different value put on the victim's life.
    That is a whole different argument.

It's not that such social-economic experiments, like in Chicago show there is concern Half of the inmates shouldn’t be here, says Cook County sheriff

+ Reply to Thread