Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do US border patrols have immunity from prosecution?

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    01:59 AM
    Gifts Naughty Mag Beer

Re: Do US border patrols have immunity from prosecution?

Go for it, big boy. Bluster's just bluster but actually leaving would be an event.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    02:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    International court? Now you're talkin like a U.N. hugger, boy.
    You're speaking before your brain has time to catch up with your lips "hoppy"

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Did "the subjects" surround the agent and continue to throw rocks at him, Kevin? And how many times did he "accidentally because he was nudged" fire his weapon?
    http://www.univision.com/content/vid...ml?cid=2432212

Ok, at 1:13 the person circled blatantly raises his arm in a manner that suggests he had a gun. No one can throw rocks in this way with the exception of Bruce Lee and seeing as how Bruce is no longer with us then rocks, in my mind(No jokes please it's late! ) were not of an issue, IMO.

What's next is suggesting that having the firearm(s) is what provoked the outcome of this incident that could have been avoided otherwise. The argument's fine with me because regardless of what some or many might think I'm actually a nice guy when it comes down to it.

So bring up the numbers associated with "illegal immigrants" possessing firearms during border confrontations and then the answer can be given as to whether it's innately necessary for those agents to carry guns.

Tasers in my mind is acceptable although most might be a bit shocked by that...

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    07:59 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

I mentioned earlier my computer has insufficient processor power to play videos. I'm still wondering whether, as Andrea claimed, the agent fired more than one shot, and if he did then how you can think several shots resulted from his being nudged as opposed to it being a deliberate choice.

Here's the latest news update, anyway:
    Prosecutors in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua have concluded Hernandez's death was an intentional homicide and charges should be filed against the perpetrator, said Alejandro Parientes, the regional state deputy attorney general. However, state authorities have turned the case over to the federal prosecutors for further investigation and a final decision. The federal Attorney General's Office said there would be no public comment while the investigation continues.

Parientes said his investigation concluded the agent fired his weapon from the U.S. side of the border, but because Hernandez died on the Mexican side, Mexican courts have jurisdiction. "The homicide had its consequences in Mexican territory," Parientes said. "What I can say is that we have enough evidence to file homicide charges in a Mexican court."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...UKoRAD9G9B7B80
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    01:59 AM
    Gifts Hay Bale Balloons Mop Cocktail Cake

I mentioned earlier my computer has insufficient processor power to play videos. I'm still wondering whether, as Andrea claimed, the agent fired more than one shot, and if he did then how you can think several shots resulted from his being nudged as opposed to it being a deliberate choice.

Here's the latest news update, anyway:
    Prosecutors in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua have concluded Hernandez's death was an intentional homicide and charges should be filed against the perpetrator, said Alejandro Parientes, the regional state deputy attorney general. However, state authorities have turned the case over to the federal prosecutors for further investigation and a final decision. The federal Attorney General's Office said there would be no public comment while the investigation continues.

Parientes said his investigation concluded the agent fired his weapon from the U.S. side of the border, but because Hernandez died on the Mexican side, Mexican courts have jurisdiction. "The homicide had its consequences in Mexican territory," Parientes said. "What I can say is that we have enough evidence to file homicide charges in a Mexican court."

The Associated Press: FBI opens civil rights probe into border shooting
    It's all politics now.
    The video I watched only had one flash that I saw. Entirely possible there were more and I just missed it. Probably would be a good idea if less were said by press officers who really can't have a clue that early on. That guy doesn't look like he's doing much voluntary detaining on the ground either. Looks to me like the one kid stumbled while getting pulled away and in the process stumbled into the officer, whose gun goes off.

IMO, if this guy was looking to shoot someone, he had plenty of earlier opportunities, at least from what I'm seeing.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

"The homicide had its consequences in Mexican territory," Parientes said. "What I can say is that we have enough evidence to file homicide charges in a Mexican court."
    is an obviously biased statement altogether. I wouldn't dare suggest both sides aren't placing biased statements in their rhetoric therefore everything at this point is speculation and should be treated as such.

The circled individual(the person shot and killed) blatantly raises his left arm outstretched horizontally in the direction of the agent while steadily walking toward him. At the same time the person being detained by the agent was stumbling around the agents feet while the agent's gun was fixated in the direction of the aforementioned person.

These are facts.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Does anyone know what happened to the shooter? Was he suspended from duty? Sacked? Did an investigation reach any conclusion? Is he in a Mexican jail awaiting trial?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Does anyone know what happened to the shooter? Was he suspended from duty? Sacked? Did an investigation reach any conclusion? Is he in a Mexican jail awaiting trial?
    If he's ever been in a Mexican jail from the time of this incident then I certainly know what happened to him without looking it up

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    If he's ever been in a Mexican jail from the time of this incident then I certainly know what happened to him without looking it up
    How would it have differed if he'd been in a US jail for the same period?

And what, in fact, has actually happened since the shooting?

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    How would it have differed if he'd been in a US jail for the same period?
    Because people still resent others for the color of their skin. He'd have the safety net of joining his ethnic group in prison in America whereas in Mexico he'd not have that "privilege".
    And what, in fact, has actually happened since the shooting?
    I'm not as sure atm but will look in to it more when I come home from work...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast