Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    Oscar Namechange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    30,750
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    47,209
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

    UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    UK to fight EU plan to cap bankers' bonuses | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Britain is to challenge an EU agreement to slash bankers' bonuses at a meeting of European finance ministers next week after Boris Johnson condemned the proposal as a "deluded measure".

    Amid fears that the EU agreement could deal a hammer blow to the City of London, David Cameron said EU regulations needed to be flexible enough to allow international banks to operate in Britain and the rest of the European Union.

    George Osborne or the Treasury minister Greg Clark will represent Britain at the meeting next week to relay what No 10 described as real concerns about the proposal.

    The agreement in Brussels came as the Royal Bank of Scotland posted losses of more than £5bn after paying out more than £600m in bonuses. No 10 said it had imposed cash limits of £2,000 on bonuses at RBS and Lloyds and was giving a greater say to shareholders in all banks.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

  2. #2
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,321
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    17,314
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    UK to fight EU plan to cap bankers' bonuses | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Britain is to challenge an EU agreement to slash bankers' bonuses at a meeting of European finance ministers next week after Boris Johnson condemned the proposal as a "deluded measure".

    Amid fears that the EU agreement could deal a hammer blow to the City of London, David Cameron said EU regulations needed to be flexible enough to allow international banks to operate in Britain and the rest of the European Union.

    George Osborne or the Treasury minister Greg Clark will represent Britain at the meeting next week to relay what No 10 described as real concerns about the proposal.

    The agreement in Brussels came as the Royal Bank of Scotland posted losses of more than £5bn after paying out more than £600m in bonuses. No 10 said it had imposed cash limits of £2,000 on bonuses at RBS and Lloyds and was giving a greater say to shareholders in all banks.
    They come out with this argument they don't want to scare away all the talent.
    I think if you took a poll of the british public they would say good riddance to all of them.

    I think we should have a punch a monetarist day. What say you oscar?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    Oscar Namechange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    30,750
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    47,209
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    They come out with this argument they don't want to scare away all the talent.
    I think if you took a poll of the british public they would say good riddance to all of them.

    I think we should have a punch a monetarist day. What say you oscar?
    I can see both sides here. On one hand I agree, It would scare away International banks and talent but on the other hand, there's something quite repulsive about our bankers being rewarded for failure.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    4,615
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    01:39 PM
    Points
    19,152
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    Rewards for failure, as certainly happens here is not Capitalism in any way. And "talent"??? I really question that, I really do.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    7,578
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    36,534
    Gifts Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    They paid the incompetent bankers bonuses for failure out of the customer's money, now they are paying them directly from Tax payers money.
    Why not try NOT paying them bonuses and see what happens.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    7,578
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    36,534
    Gifts Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    News Headlines just on this minute.

    They want to limit Bonuses to JUST a years salary................or two years with agreement from shareholders.
    Im a bleeding tax payer.....so a shareholder and I say NO!!!
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Hungry
     
    Scrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,399
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    11:39 AM
    Points
    6,136

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    Talent??? LMAO!!! Talented thieves at best and a burden to society. It's time for them to leave I would think.

    These people lose billions, the government/taxpayers bail them out and they get bonuses? Is there any common sense left in this world?

  8. #8
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,321
    Local Date
    11-21-2014
    Local Time
    06:39 PM
    Points
    17,314
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    Talent??? LMAO!!! Talented thieves at best and a burden to society. It's time for them to leave I would think.

    These people lose billions, the government/taxpayers bail them out and they get bonuses? Is there any common sense left in this world?
    Yes and with any luck and a bot more provocation maybe we'll all get together and kick the **** out of our politicians. There are mass protests going on all over the place but you''d think we were all just lying back and taking this. If the italians can elect a comedian maybe we should give the raving monster loony party a go.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 01:05 AM
  2. Blue-eyed bankers' to blame for crash
    By gmc in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 01:09 AM
  3. Tory's to pay prison wardens bonus's against inmates re-offending
    By Oscar Namechange in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
  4. 'Darling' slashes RBS bonus's by 90%
    By Oscar Namechange in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 05:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2