Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

is starting another school year.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time
    05:08 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    How could he destroy the world any more efficiently than the current Administration?
    Nuclear war.

What he'll do to America, on the other hand, is a beacon of hope to the rest of us.
    You hope for radioactive destruction?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time
    12:08 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Nuclear war.
    What I asked was "How could he destroy the world any more efficiently than the current Administration?". You answer ignores the "any more efficiently" aspect. Any US Administration could use nuclear weapons. I can see nothing Donald Trump has said that shows him more likely to cause such an event, and I didn't have nuclear war in mind when I wrote the sentence. The current Administration has been busily destroying the world since it took office, mainly through its policy of destabilization.

You hope for radioactive destruction?
    Good lord no. You're ascribing thoughts to me for no reason, this is sheer calculated prejudicial defamation on your part. What I hope for is a reasonable US foreign policy.

I do have good reason to expect President Trump to adopt a reasonable foreign policy. His five main heads are listed coherently at https://consortiumnews.com/2016/05/2...oreign-policy/

Here are the five core elements:
    Cohen said: “Let me just rattle off the five questions he [Trump] has asked. [First] why must the United States lead the world everywhere on the globe and play the role of the world’s policeman, now for example, he says, in Ukraine? It’s a question. It’s worth a discussion.

“Secondly, [Trump] said, NATO was founded 67 years ago to deter the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union ended 25 years ago. What is NATO’s mission? Is it obsolete? Is it fighting terrorism? No, to the last question, it’s not. Should we discuss NATO’s mission?

“Thirdly, [Trump] asks, why does the United States always pursue regime changes? Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, and now it wants a regime change in Syria, Damascus. When the result is, to use Donald Trump’s favorite word, the result is always “disaster.” But it’s a reasonable question.

“Fourthly, why do we treat Russia and Putin as an enemy when he should be a partner?

“Fifth, Trump asks, about nuclear weapons – and this is interesting. You remember he was asked, would he rule out using nuclear weapons – an existential question. He thought for a while and then he said, ‘No, I take nothing off the table.’ And everybody said he wants to use nuclear weapons! In fact, it is the official American nuclear doctrine policy that we do not take first use off the table. We do not have a no first use of nuclear weapons doctrine. So all Trump did was state in his own way what has been official American nuclear policy for, I guess, 40 or 50 years. …

“It seems to me that these five questions, which are not being discussed by the other presidential candidates, are essential.”

I would be delighted to see Donald Trump elected to office with that standpoint. The existing, testable record of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, by contrast, is an opportunistic litany of kill, kill, kill.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

I'm pleased to note that my arguments in favor of a Trump presidency have significant echoes around the world.

Leading Antiwar Progressives Speak Favorably of Aspects of Trump's Foreign Policy: Information Clearing House - ICH

It's short, it's exactly on topic, it's what I've been saying here since the primaries started.
    Last edited by spot; 07-20-2016 at 01:07 PM.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time
    06:08 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

A very apt summation.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

Isolationism. Yeah, that worked really well for us at Pearl Harbor...

Pfft.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

You prefer paying all that tax money to "defend" foreigners by wrecking their economies and infrastructure?

I'm never quite sure why apologists for US foreign policy invariably have to go back to World War Two for their examples but I do think it's significant.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

I note the Republican Convention has selected Donald Trump as the 2016 party candidate for President.

The idea he might lose the November election is becoming more remote.

I look forward to his eight years in office. The world can look forward to a pause in US-commissioned violence abroad, something a Hillary Clinton administration would perpetuate.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

Seriously, Spot. You do understand that he is a psychopath, right? Not only would he enlarge current wars, remember his "carpet bombing" remarks? He would start new wars, probably even nuclear war.

He really is that guy from, "The Dead Zone." For real.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-19-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Not only would he enlarge current wars, remember his "carpet bombing" remarks?
    That was Ted Cruz. Go and check - perhaps you know a better authentic-quote site than I do, or even a trustworthy newspaper.

He would start new wars, probably even nuclear war.
    That's speculation. Hillary Clinton as Secretary of War - or State, if you prefer euphemisms - already started a dreadful war which has killed more people than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined by destabilizing Libya in order to topple the non-aligned government. "We came, we saw, he died", remember? That authentic quote is my Hillary-definition.

The nuclear bit is speculation too.

The psychopath bit really ought to have a practitioner supporting the diagnosis. As before, you may have a quote from someone qualified and respectable.

What aspect of post#12 in this thread do you find difficult to accept?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast