Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    10:03 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I need more clarification on your meaning.
    Anyone can invent a workable scheme that guarantees everyone within the Homeland is authorized to be there. You could do it, I could do it. What's always been lacking is an American politician willing to achieve it.

President Trump offers to at least lay the groundwork by walling off the US southern border and deporting more undocumented people than arrive. I still think that's only a low-achieving stop-gap.

I think the entire issue of having government permission to be on US soil needs sorting out completely because at the moment, undocumented people are suffering because there's inadequate enforcement and it's the luck of the draw from one year to the next whether they draw the short straw or not. The threat of deportation is always over the heads of more than ten million US residents throughout their lives and that's unjust. It prevents their participating fully in the country they live in. Any solution is better than that, so long as it's enforced immediately and stops the problem from recurring.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is dangerously overeducated.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    03:03 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH View Post
    Did Trump really want a 1st term?
    Nope. He admitted to a close campaign manager that he wanted to run a "good second place" campaign. He wanted the publicity and status, but never the responsibility.

Suggesting Pence as an alternative if Trump were impeached/removed, etc. is an interesting proposition.
    "Interesting" is not the word I would have used. "Nightmarish, heinous, detestable, and despicable" come to mind instead. Trump is a bumbling Mussolini. He's a blowhard, bully, and a blustering fool, but he's not actually dangerous other than accidentally causing chaos through incompetence.

Pence, on the other hand, is truly evil. He's the actual Hitler. He would destroy the world on purpose like a James Bond villain.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

You trying to cheer us all up Saint ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    05:03 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Anyone can invent a workable scheme that guarantees everyone within the Homeland is authorized to be there. You could do it, I could do it. What's always been lacking is an American politician willing to achieve it.
    I don't think the majority Americans are that worried about this, nor do I think they ever had been.

That said, nearly 63 million Americans voted for Trump and his rhetoric, and while that might not be a majority it's still a significant number of supporters.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I don't think the majority Americans are that worried about this, nor do I think they ever had been.
    That's not at issue. The ones who are worried about this, and will be until it's fixed, are the undocumented residents of America. I agree they're a minority.

The majority of Americans are just pleased at least some of their neighbors are having a worse time than themselves.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    05:03 AM
    Gifts Kitten

That's not at issue. The ones who are worried about this, and will be until it's fixed, are the undocumented residents of America. I agree they're a minority.
    Ah! Yes, I'm sure you're right about that.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    04:03 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Yea, he didn't know the job was so hard. It wouldn't be so hard if he had any qualifications for it.

This job is not a reality show he produced.

The worst job in Washington right now: Working for Trump

As Donald Trump has grown increasingly angry and frustrated with his White House staff, the beleaguered targets of his ire have a quietly roiling gripe of their own — their boss, the president himself.

Since he fired FBI Director James B. Comey, Trump has lurched through crises of his own making — from the explosive report Monday that he had revealed highly classified intelligence to Russian officials to the bombshell Tuesday that he had urged Comey to end the federal investigation into Michael Flynn, his former national security �*adviser.

In his wake remain his exhausted aides and deputies, the frequent targets of Trump’s wrath as they struggle to control an uncontrollable chief executive and labor to explain away his stumbles.

Wednesday evening brought yet another challenging development for the White House, as the Justice Department announced a special counsel to investigate possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government to interfere with the 2016 presidential �*election.

Some White House staffers have turned to impeachment gallows humor. Other mid-level aides have started contacting consultants, shopping their résumés. And at least one senior staffer has begun privately talking to friends about what a post-White House job would look like, according to two people close to the staffer.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Yea, he didn't know the job was so hard. It wouldn't be so hard if he had any qualifications for it.
    Remind me, I may have forgotten some essential aspect of the 2016 election.

There were primaries? America didn't forget to run primaries in 2016?

The Republican Party ran primaries?

And then after that the Republican Party ran a convention, with lots of cheering and bragging and humiliation of anyone who wasn't a Republican?

What I'm not sure about is who won the Republican Party primaries, and who won the Republican Party nomination, and who the Republican Party convention cheered to the rafters, and what that insane Republican Party "Make America Great Again" thing was all about.

Eventually, if we can agree the answers to all that, we might consider who's damned fault this Washington car crash is. The word Republican Party keeps springing into my mind, that's all, because the only active opposition party in Washington this year has been the Republican Party.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    01:03 AM

Trump is support islamic countries. Never

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    07-28-2017
    Local Time
    04:03 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Remind me, I may have forgotten some essential aspect of the 2016 election.

There were primaries? America didn't forget to run primaries in 2016?

The Republican Party ran primaries?

And then after that the Republican Party ran a convention, with lots of cheering and bragging and humiliation of anyone who wasn't a Republican?

What I'm not sure about is who won the Republican Party primaries, and who won the Republican Party nomination, and who the Republican Party convention cheered to the rafters, and what that insane Republican Party "Make America Great Again" thing was all about.

Eventually, if we can agree the answers to all that, we might consider who's damned fault this Washington car crash is. The word Republican Party keeps springing into my mind, that's all, because the only active opposition party in Washington this year has been the Republican Party.
    The Democratic Party had its candidate who won the most popular votes and still lost.

I'll spare you the details of that fiasco. I also do not care to relive that whole election cycle.
    "The judge who always likes the results he reaches is a bad judge.".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast