Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    09:52 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

What puzzles me is that the US and UK have been blatantly and openly interfering in the internal affairs of other nations throughout my lifetime. Russia now does it back and kapow, it's a crisis all of a sudden. Why on earth shouldn't the Russians play the identical game?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Something of a sickener: Austerity.

The current account deficit has been eliminated. This at least means that the country as a whole is not getting more and more into debt every day. This is very good news. Or it would be if we weren't going to brexit.

Even brexiters these days have moved from, "We can have our cake and eat it," and "negotiations will be easy," to "Of course everyone always knew there would be some pain," usually given if a number is given at all as five years.

So even brexiters now agree that brexit will make us worse off. Which means the country as a whole is poorer. Which means the painfully won gains of austerity are wiped out. It's either more austerity or more debt and more poverty for our children and grandchildren.

Well done, brexiters.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

I agree entirely. I have it in mind that there are enough non-voting potential electors in the UK to bring a new majority party into government if they can be sufficiently enthused, but I can't see any of the existing parties doing much about the problem. One may admire Jeremy Corbyn but still doubt his capacity to hold onto the Labour Party if it gets within sniffing distance of forming an administration.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What puzzles me is that the US and UK have been blatantly and openly interfering in the internal affairs of other nations throughout my lifetime. Russia now does it back and kapow, it's a crisis all of a sudden. Why on earth shouldn't the Russians play the identical game?
    Sauce for the goose being sauce for the gander? Well, if you are the goose or the gander rather than the one pouring the sauce you object!

Then there is the fact that the first duty of a government is to protect its citizens from hostile acts by other states or organisations. To fail to do so is to be seen to fail in that fundamental first duty and I think one of the key points Putin is making: "UK government cannot protect you from me." While the kindest interpretation of poisoning exchanged spies is to call it bad mannered what concerns me is that there are traces of the stuff all over Salisbury and the policeman poisoned. That needs a response.

I have noticed also that they seem to have kept the man and his daughter alive so far (unless they've died and they are just staying quiet about it for now while the investigation is getting underway) and the policemen is serious but stable. Does that mean we are developing some expertees in the treatment of these chemical/nerve agents?

I agree entirely. I have it in mind that there are enough non-voting potential electors in the UK to bring a new majority party into government if they can be sufficiently enthused, but I can't see any of the existing parties doing much about the problem. One may admire Jeremy Corbyn but still doubt his capacity to hold onto the Labour Party if it gets within sniffing distance of forming an administration.
    If we brexit I'd rather a Corbyn run one than a Davis, Rees-Mogg and/or Johnson run one because with Corbyn we might end up owning our own transport, water, power etc whereas under the far right of the tory party anything as yet unsold, like (most of) the NHS will all be sold to the yanks or anyone else they can get a dollar or two out of to feather their nests. At present the centre seems dead.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Does it not occur to you that the UK providing asylum to all these Russian kleptomaniac billionaire thieves is the initial error, and that the present Russian government has every right in the world to make an example of people who blatantly stole assets previously held in trust for the benefit of the nation? Every Russian oligarch should be serving a lifetime sentence in Siberia, not buying football clubs.

I note that Sergei Skripal has a different background, having sold state secrets for gain while working in Russian Intelligence, but it's damn close to similar.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Yep. Agree about many of them. However we are where we are and a lot of these people are Putin supporters with big assets here - football clubs and the like. That actually gives us more accessible targets if wanted.

BBC report says Russia considering what diplomats it is going to expel. I suspect that is where it will stay for the moment. At least in public.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    I regard brexiters and Trumpists as fundamentally the same people.
    So I suppose that as a Card carrying Member of the Labour Party & a Corbynite, because I am also in favour of Brexit that makes me a Far Right Trumpist. Hmm. Nice logic there, Batman.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

I have some observations now that the Singapore meeting with Chairman Kim has ended.

What's the one thing the Chairman can't avoid reacting to in a hostile way? The annual joint military exercises in the South of the Korean peninsula. President Trump is very good at destroying stumbling blocks before they become inevitable. No more exercises, they cost a fortune and they're a deliberate offense. The Pentagon says it wasn't told? That's fine by me.

I'm having a hard time working out why this prejudice against President Trump continues. Yes he's made a mockery of the office, nobody is ever going to say respect the office regardless of the man any more. That's fine by me too.

And people really still think he's not going to be re-elected in 2020?

Of course he is.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time
    03:52 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I have some observations now that the Singapore meeting with Chairman Kim has ended.

What's the one thing the Chairman can't avoid reacting to in a hostile way? The annual joint military exercises in the South of the Korean peninsula. President Trump is very good at destroying stumbling blocks before they become inevitable. No more exercises, they cost a fortune and they're a deliberate offense. The Pentagon says it wasn't told? That's fine by me.

I'm having a hard time working out why this prejudice against President Trump continues. Yes he's made a mockery of the office, nobody is ever going to say respect the office regardless of the man any more. That's fine by me too.

And people really still think he's not going to be re-elected in 2020?

Of course he is.
    I just don't like the guy. He reminds me of a good buddy I worked and hung out with. He was smart we worked well together. It was after a while I realized he was not good for his wife. I'll spare you all the soap opera, but it came to a time I did not think of him as a friend and did what I could do to avoid him. We both benefited from our working relationship, but he suddenly not being the decent guy I thought he was not someone I wanted to deal with.

There was no explosion between us, we both eventually just drifted in separate directions.

Thing is there are some behavior I have no reason to tolerate.

BTW None of this has anything to do with Trump's wives.
    What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? - W. C. Fields

A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her. - W. C. Fields

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-22-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I just don't like the guy.
    How does liking him come into it? The man's a repellent slug, he's recruited a White House coterie that resembles a mafia family, he's the archetypal pussy-grabber. That doesn't mean he's unelectable, far from it. He has mocked America but that doesn't mean his choices aren't heading him into a second term. This thread started six months before his election when it became clear nobody could keep him from a first term. Given that the alternative President is Mike Pence we should all be praying for President Trump's good health until at least 2024.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast