Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    07:58 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Re: President Trump's executive orders discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Bear in mind that the proportion of GDP spent on medical care in America is startlingly higher than in the rest of the developed world.

The trick is......................to get those at the back of the queue for free health care to believe in the system...........that one day.......they will be able to be able to afford the best money can buy.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Today's executive order is mere gesture politics, "withdrawing" America from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. America was never in the TPP, Congress hadn't given authority for membership. The executive order merely prevents Congress from signing up, which Congress was never going to do in month of Sundays.

He's not dismantled TPP, the other eleven member countries are still proceeding and will presumably switch their trade toward China to avoid the American trade barriers. In the absence of America the eleven might even invite China to join instead, and good for them if they do.

Another executive order removes federal funding for international medical aid where abortion is on offer or recommended. If he goes one step further and bans all American international aid, both to NGOs and to nations, I for one will cheer to the rafters. Aid destroys foreign economies like nothing else, it's one step short of outright warfare.

He's also ordered "a hiring freeze on federal workers, except for defense-related positions" - how do you get new Marshals or FBI agents or federal prison guards or National Park custodians?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Proclamation 9570 of January 20, 2017
    National Day of Patriotic Devotion
    A Proclamation

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose.

Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people. There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country—and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...iotic-devotion

An odd thing, patriotism.

My country right, your country wrong if it dares to disagree, regardless of any objective reality.

Whatever my government wants to do abroad is right, all dissent or equivocation in foreign affairs is unpatriotic. If the fist goes up and you don't cheer then you're the enemy.

Stand by your man, the Dear Leader has spoken. We support our troops.

I see that a belief in God has suddenly become mandatory too. We must maintain faith in our sacred values? I presume Praise Allah isn't an acceptable resonse to "no peace where the people do not pray for it"?

There are no greater people than the American citizenry?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Is this for real ???

Well.......at least it doesn't refer to 'The Motherland'

It is a worry for sure.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Is this for real ???
    It's straight from the Federal Register.

This one looks true too... Trump Administration Freezes EPA Grants, Limits Employee Access to the Press? : snopes.com
    One EPA employee aware of the freeze said he had never seen anything like it in nearly a decade with the agency. Hiring freezes happened, he said, but freezes on grants and contracts seemed extraordinary. The employee said the freeze appeared to be nationwide, and as of Monday night it was not clear for how long it would be in place.

Myron Ebell, who ran the EPA transition for the incoming administration, confirmed the basics of the freeze, but said the actions were not unprecedented.

“They’re trying to freeze things to make sure nothing happens they don’t want to have happen, so any regulations going forward, contracts, grants, hires, they want to make sure to look at them first,” said Ebell, who returned over the weekend to his position directing energy and global warming policy at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a free-market, industry-aligned group that has long fought the EPA’s growth and influence.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    02:58 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Proclamation 9570 of January 20, 2017
    National Day of Patriotic Devotion
    A Proclamation

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose.

Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people. There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country—and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...iotic-devotion

An odd thing, patriotism.

My country right, your country wrong if it dares to disagree, regardless of any objective reality.

Whatever my government wants to do abroad is right, all dissent or equivocation in foreign affairs is unpatriotic. If the fist goes up and you don't cheer then you're the enemy.

Stand by your man. The Dear Leader has spoken. We support our troops.

I see that a belief in God has suddenly become mandatory too. We must maintain faith in our sacred values? I presume Praise Allah isn't an acceptable resonse to "no peace where the people do not pray for it"?

There are no greater people than the American citizenry?
    It would appear that Trump is attempting to market his presidency and his administration (marketing is what he knows). He's trying to get people excited about what he's doing. Though I also would imagine there's a certain high one might experience once becoming president. My guess is that Trump is on cloud 9 presently, thus the sudden belief in god and feeling all patriotic. It'll be interesting to see if any of it softens his personality or causes him to behave more dignified at all. We'll have to watch and see.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

Proclamation 9570 of January 20, 2017...

... do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion ...

He didn't really leave much time for organizing street parties, getting the banners out, arranging military parades and what not. I simply cannot believe the date is a misprint for 2018.

These are the last throes of a terminally sick American Exceptionalism, it's embarrassing to watch.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    02:58 AM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

These are the last throes of a terminally sick American Exceptionalism, it's embarrassing to watch.
    As an American, I'm more DISGUSTED than embarrassed. Revolting.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time

If you stand for Congress I'll contribute to your campaign fund. I'll even build your website.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    04-30-2017
    Local Time
    12:58 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Well, he just signed an order to go forward with the two Pipelines that have been delayed by protests.
    Keystone XL and the Dakota Access.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast