Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    06:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Re: President Trump's executive orders discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If you stand for Congress I'll contribute to your campaign fund. I'll even build your website.
    How safe would her emails be ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    12:26 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, he just signed an order to go forward with the two Pipelines that have been delayed by protests.
    Keystone XL and the Dakota Access.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Proclamation 9570 of January 20, 2017
    National Day of Patriotic Devotion
    A Proclamation

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose.

Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people. There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country—and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...iotic-devotion

An odd thing, patriotism.

My country right, your country wrong if it dares to disagree, regardless of any objective reality.

Whatever my government wants to do abroad is right, all dissent or equivocation in foreign affairs is unpatriotic. If the fist goes up and you don't cheer then you're the enemy.

Stand by your man, the Dear Leader has spoken. We support our troops.

I see that a belief in God has suddenly become mandatory too. We must maintain faith in our sacred values? I presume Praise Allah isn't an acceptable resonse to "no peace where the people do not pray for it"?

There are no greater people than the American citizenry?
    You don't like the concept of patriotism, that's your right. It is also your right to trash the concept with what you think it means to be patriotic.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    You don't like the concept of patriotism, that's your right. It is also your right to trash the concept with what you think it means to be patriotic.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    It is also your right to trash the concept with what you think it means to be patriotic.
    No. I'm using the words from the Proclamation, nothing else. He uses an imperative, "must". It's not optional like "may" or "should", it's an obligation, it's an instruction. "We must maintain faith in our sacred values". You have no choice, you must do this. Sacred is a very specific word, it means "Connected with God or a god or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration".

So, no law respecting an establishment of religion? The President just established a requirement for religious faith in all Americans by Proclamation.

Words matter.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, he just signed an order to go forward with the two Pipelines that have been delayed by protests.
    Keystone XL and the Dakota Access.
    The cost of pipework just skyrocketed too. Does the US still have a working iron ore mine? Because you can only use US iron ore (in contrast to "iron of foreign origin") to make any pipework from the time this is implemented.

Presidential Memorandum Regarding Construction of American Pipelines

MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF COMMERCE

SUBJECT: Construction of American Pipelines

The Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with all relevant executive departments and agencies, shall develop a plan under which all new pipelines, as well as retrofitted, repaired, or expanded pipelines, inside the borders of the United States, including portions of pipelines, use materials and equipment produced in the United States, to the maximum extent possible and to the extent permitted by law. The Secretary shall submit the plan to the President within 180 days of the date of this memorandum.

"Produced in the United States" shall mean:

(i) With regard to iron or steel products, that all manufacturing processes for such iron or steel products, from the initial melting stage through the application of coatings, occurred in the United States.

(ii) Steel or iron material or products manufactured abroad from semi-finished steel or iron from the United States are not "produced in the United States" for purposes of this memorandum.

(iii) Steel or iron material or products manufactured in the United States from semi-finished steel or iron of foreign origin are not "produced in the United States" for purposes of this memorandum.

The Secretary of Commerce is hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time

This is the one that says the New Deal mass employment isn't going to be held up by pettifogging long drawn out environmental discussions, he wants feet on the ground being paid sooner rather than later, during his own time in office instead of his successor's. If it's Trump New Deal then from now on it's going to be labelled high priority.

This is what government is for. I hope the US Electric Grid gets rejuvenated, for example.

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release
    January 24, 2017
    Executive Order Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals For High Priority Infrastructure Projects

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

EXPEDITING ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEWS AND APPROVALS
    FOR HIGH PRIORITY INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. Infrastructure investment strengthens our economic platform, makes America more competitive, creates millions of jobs, increases wages for American workers, and reduces the costs of goods and services for American families and consumers. Too often, infrastructure projects in the United States have been routinely and excessively delayed by agency processes and procedures. These delays have increased project costs and blocked the American people from the full benefits of increased infrastructure investments, which are important to allowing Americans to compete and win on the world economic stage. Federal infrastructure decisions should be accomplished with maximum efficiency and effectiveness, while also respecting property rights and protecting public safety and the environment. To that end, it is the policy of the executive branch to streamline and expedite, in a manner consistent with law, environmental reviews and approvals for all infrastructure projects, especially projects that are a high priority for the Nation, such as improving the U.S. electric grid and telecommunications systems and repairing and upgrading critical port facilities, airports, pipelines, bridges, and highways.

Sec. 2. Identification of High Priority Infrastructure Projects. With respect to infrastructure projects for which Federal reviews and approvals are required, upon request by the Governor of a State, or the head of any executive department or agency (agency), or on his or her own initiative, the Chairman of the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) shall, within 30 days after a request is made, decide whether an infrastructure project qualifies as a "high priority" infrastructure project. This determination shall be made after consideration of the project's importance to the general welfare, value to the Nation, environmental benefits, and such other factors as the Chairman deems relevant.

Sec. 3. Deadlines. With respect to any project designated as a high priority under section 2 of this order, the Chairman of the CEQ shall coordinate with the head of the relevant agency to establish, in a manner consistent with law, expedited procedures and deadlines for completion of environmental reviews and approvals for such projects. All agencies shall give highest priority to completing such reviews and approvals by the established deadlines using all necessary and appropriate means. With respect to deadlines established consistent with this section that are not met, the head of the relevant agency shall provide a written explanation to the Chairman explaining the causes for the delay and providing concrete actions taken by the agency to complete such reviews and approvals as expeditiously as possible.

Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(b) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(c) All actions taken pursuant to this order shall be consistent with requirements and authorities to protect intelligence and law enforcement sources and methods. Nothing in this order shall be interpreted to supersede measures established under authority of law to protect the security and integrity of specific activities and associations that are in direct support of intelligence and law enforcement operations.

(d) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    January 24, 2017.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time

This Presidential Memorandum is pretty much a place-holder, it says come back in the summer and we'll tell you what we've managed to negotiate. We tried this in the UK several times but red tape is, apparently, an essential component of life to government departments.

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release
    January 24, 2017
    Presidential Memorandum Streamlining Permitting and Reducing Regulatory Burdens for Domestic Manufacturing

January 24, 2017

MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES

SUBJECT: Streamlining Permitting and Reducing Regulatory Burdens for Domestic Manufacturing

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1. Purpose. This memorandum directs executive departments and agencies (agencies) to support the expansion of manufacturing in the United States through expedited reviews of and approvals for proposals to construct or expand manufacturing facilities and through reductions in regulatory burdens affecting domestic manufacturing.

Sec. 2. Stakeholder Consultation on Streamlining Permitting. The Secretary of Commerce shall conduct outreach to stakeholders concerning the impact of Federal regulations on domestic manufacturing and shall solicit comments from the public for a period not to exceed 60 days concerning Federal actions to streamline permitting and reduce regulatory burdens for domestic manufacturers. As part of this process, the Secretary of Commerce shall coordinate with the Secretaries of Agriculture and Energy, the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Administrator of the Small Business Administration, and such other agency heads as may be appropriate.

Sec. 3. Permit Streamlining Action Plan. Within 60 days after completion of the process described in section 2 of this memorandum, the Secretary of Commerce shall submit a report to the President setting forth a plan to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens affecting domestic manufacturers. The report should identify priority actions as well as recommended deadlines for completing actions. The report also may include recommendations for any necessary changes to existing regulations or statutes, as well as actions to change policies, practices, or procedures that can be taken immediately under existing authority.

Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable laws and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(d) The Secretary of Commerce is hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-27-2017
    Local Time
    10:26 PM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Proclamation 9570 of January 20, 2017
    National Day of Patriotic Devotion
    A Proclamation

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose.

Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people. There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country—and to renew the duties of Government to the people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...iotic-devotion
    Personally, I think he got the date wrong and those who valued their country and what it stands for were marching the next day.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-28-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post

A childish insult.

I mean really. The constant obsession by some to use Nazi Germany of the '30s is a profound admission of ignorance.

It would be nice if you had something resembling adult, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast