I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-23-2017
    Local Time
    02:16 AM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

The Perpetual Repository of Alternative Facts

"You’re saying it’s a falsehood, and they’re giving – Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that" - Kellyanne Conway to NBC, Sunday 22 January 2017.

We get more and more of this, I thought we might keep track.

Like when Susan Rice "inadvertently made false representations", or Paul Ryan gave "factual shortcuts" during the Republican convention after which one reporter was moved to observe "I marked at least seven or eight points I'm sure the fact checkers will have some opportunities to dispute if they want to go forward." and another "There will be issues with some of the facts. But it motivated people."

Sean Spicer on Washington metro usage: "That wasn’t like we made them up out of thin air", and "I think sometimes we can disagree with the facts. Our intention is never to lie to you".

Really?

So today we have Kellyanne Conway. Again.
    “I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalised and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre. Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...never-happened
    And Paul Ryan chipping in afterwards, referring to "the attempted bombing in Bowling Green, where I live".

What do these people hope to gain? Or are they simply unaware that these unchecked inventions aren't true?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Re: The Perpetual Repository of Alternative Facts

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

It gets repeated and repeated,amplified and amplified, drowning out the later rebuttals.

Part of the perfect storm.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:16 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

I wonder how long before my fright-wing friends bring up the Bowling Green Massacre on Facebook.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I wonder how long before my fright-wing friends bring up the Bowling Green Massacre on Facebook.
    My American daughter has done so already, but from the same point of view as yourself, definitely not right wing.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-22-2017
    Local Time
    06:16 PM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

I wonder if a future executive order will come down demanding that the "Bowling Green Massacre" be added to the history books and taught in schools.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-23-2017
    Local Time

You can laugh.......wait until they make "Bowling Green Massacre " denial illegal.

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

Excuse me, weren't you rubbing your hands in glee at the idea of a Trump presidency? What the hell did you think was going to happen?

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    05-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Snooz View Post
    Excuse me, weren't you rubbing your hands in glee at the idea of a Trump presidency? What the hell did you think was going to happen?
    You know how guys can be when they see a good fight coming.
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    05-22-2017
    Local Time
    09:16 PM
    Gifts Kitten

When you have two schmucks running for office you're bound to end up with a schmuck. Duh!

At least this schmuck has America debating. The democratic party has a rare and golden opportunity here to make substantive changes, however, it appears lately that that's not likely to happen unless there's a true revolt within the inner workings. The neoliberals have regained their traction and have its followers beginning to once again follow them just as blindly as Trump supporters follow Trump.

So, perhaps with more of The Donald, the left will come around to shake off the neoliberal fleas and have an honestly legitimate and sustained debate about American policy, domestic as well as foreign. Until then we might as well take our chances with Trump. At least my taxes should go down and my children will be relieved of this gross overcharge of healthcare they've been saddled with.

Jill Stein was the only legitimate candidate running for the presidency and the democratic party shut her out. Who's the next only choice, Chuck Schummer? Please!

Trump is the consequence of democrats living in la la land and shutting out voices of conscience. Please go bury your head somewhere else, we can no longer afford to look at and listen to your complacent asses.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    05-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooz View Post
    I don't think we've seen anything happen yet, just a wild backlash from everyone who wants to get their boot in. The conventional hundred day honeymoon would have been far more gracious, there's plenty of time afterwards to be critical. What people seem to have missed is that the Trump White House has just triggered the biggest boom the American economy has ever experienced, all the stops are out, the pedal is on the floor, you're looking at eight years of whoosh. The Roaring Twenties are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Please go bury your head somewhere else, we can no longer afford to look at and listen to your complacent asses.
    No no no, we NEED Snooze here. Try kindness. Brew some coffee, cut a slice of cake, turn on the heating, it's not often she flits through.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast