----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    07:24 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: We are four nations, but at heart one people

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    And you reply with a Australian racist, misogynist, drunk ? .................Allegedly.

You said it yourself.......the British people voted.....Scotland is British, you put up with previous election results you didn't like, I have to put up with it all the time................what has changed ?
    If you feel the need to change the status quo, why not change it for your fellow Brits too ?
    Don't take it personally.......but it smells like a petulant teenager having a tantrum, leaving home every time there are differences in the home, slamming the door as you leave screaming "No body listens to me, nobody loves me"
    I don't take ib personally. passionate debate and disagreement is possible without people actually falling out over it - especially on an anonymous non face to face discussion forum.

Don't take it personally.......but it smells like a petulant teenager having a tantrum, leaving home every time there are differences in the home, slamming the door as you leave screaming "No body listens to me, nobody loves me
    That's the way it gets portrayed in the mainstream media but the level of debate in scotland about this is way above being childish. Most of the tantrums come from the unionist side who seem unable to present cohesive argumentswithout trying to talk over and try and shout down their opponents think farage in debate he dos his best to stop people talking or actually answer any questions except to say I never mentioned £350 million a year for the NHS.

mel gibson drunk, mysoginist, racist as one scottish comedian put it maybe he's really is scots at heart. I thought the humour might appeal.

You said it yourself.......the British people voted.....Scotland is British, you put up with previous election results you didn't like, I have to put up with it all the time................what has changed ?
    In 1914 there was a home rule for scotland in the offing We lost one on seven of our male population in ww1

Scottish independence: The parliament that never was - BBC News

We are now in a position to do something about it it's as simple as that and unlike inn 1914 the ordinary people get to vote in elections as do women and indeed we have a female politician in the driving seat not alex salmond controlling thin gs rom behind the cenes as the likes of the daily mail and telegraph like to pretend.

Now Boris johmston wants to save the british ecoinomy by building a new royal yacht

New Royal Yacht Britannia would attract 'overwhelming support' and will be considered by ministers, Boris Johnson announces in Parliament

The NHS is on the verge of being privatised our welfare systenm is a shambles but we have trident and a new royal yacht - You idiots voted for these people. The opposition to brexit hasn't gone away or lost the argument you just don't hear anythi9ng about it any more as our politricians all line up to leap of the cliff created buy their own stupidity. Apart from the racists and general idiots in our population I suspect many of those who voted to leave as a way of protest or who didn't bother to vote since there seemed little point would love a chance to run it all again.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

You idiots voted for these people
    17 million voted for brexit. 16 million voted against. 47 million didn't vote. That includes Scots on all sides. I don't accuse you of being a racist because you are Scottish; please don't accuse me of voting brexit because I'm English. I'm not a far right racist, small town xenophobe or someone duped into voting for their cause.

Independence for London. We don't need these UK parasites leeching off us.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Another analogy might be that The Union is a marriage, and it has been a long one.
    All of a sudden Scotland despite lots dieing in wars over many years in the name of The Union,'sharing' their oil riches with us all, hosting naval and air bases for the protection of The Union, chipping into the treasury and receiving funding back....like any marriage, now because of a disagreement over a show of hands around the dinner table.....figuratively.......the wife out voted wants to withdraw and go home to her mother.

Why NOW ????
    According to the beleavers (I invented that word) Scotland has had the shi11y end of the stick for ever and ever......so why now ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    17 million voted for brexit. 16 million voted against. 47 million didn't vote. That includes Scots on all sides. I don't accuse you of being a racist because you are Scottish; please don't accuse me of voting brexit because I'm English. I'm not a far right racist, small town xenophobe or someone duped into voting for their cause.

My apologies if i caused offence No offence was intended. I know you didn't vote to leave it was a general comment aimed at the tendency you have (down south anf for some reason in dumfries and galloway) to keep electing tory governments. Although quite frankly IMO anyone that voted for the likes of farage and boris and actually believed the nonsense they came out with IS an idiot. Now we have politicians going for a hard brexit to pander to the same idiots regardless of the consequences.

posted by bruv
    Another analogy might be that The Union is a marriage, and it has been a long one.
    All of a sudden Scotland despite lots dieing in wars over many years in the name of The Union,'sharing' their oil riches with us all, hosting naval and air bases for the protection of The Union, chipping into the treasury and receiving funding back....like any marriage, now because of a disagreement over a show of hands around the dinner table.....figuratively.......the wife out voted wants to withdraw and go home to her mother.

Why NOW ????
    According to the beleavers (I invented that word) Scotland has had the shi11y end of the stick for ever and ever......so why now ?
    Because the stupid pillock we are in a union with is determined to pursue a course of economic suicide and refuses to listen to what anyone is saying to them. Irreconcilable differences. Now we have an abusive partner that seems determined to stop us leaving no matter what it takes. The nonsense coming out already is unbelieveable.

We don't hav to take it any more we are economically independent and would be better off on our own.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post

Sorry but there are NOT eighty million people in the UK even on a bad day and if you take out children POHMs and others ineligible to vote it's not much more than half that.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Now Northern ireland might be in line for a refrndum as well.

Theresa May says no Northern Ireland referendum on leaving the UK 'at this stage' | The Independent

'Stick border where sun doesn't shine' says Martina Anderson - BBC News

Sinn Féin MEP Martina Anderson addressed the European parliament, rejecting any kind of border in Ireland after Brexit.

She said rather than listen to concerns over Brexit, Ireland had been told to "get over it" and added "no border hard or soft would be accepted in Ireland".

Referring to Prime Minister Theresa May, she said: "Theresa, your notion of a border, hard and soft, stick it where the sun doesn't shine 'cos you're not putting it in Ireland."

What about the welsh? Scotoland and ireland I can see making a go of it but Wales?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time

I reckon we need a trial separation.
    One side believes they are independently financially viable, the other disagrees................A trial away from each other is the only way.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Too late for counselling.

Theresa May warns Nicola Sturgeon now is 'not the time to play politics or create uncertainty'

Theresa May warns Nicola Sturgeon now is 'not the time to play politics or create uncertainty'
    You have to laugh who created the uncertainty in the first place. The scottish givernment have tried to talk to theresa and have put forward proposals which weren't rejected they were just completely ignored she quite clearly thinks scotland doesn't matter in all of this.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Too late for counselling.

You have to laugh who created the uncertainty in the first place. The scottish givernment have tried to talk to theresa and have put forward proposals which weren't rejected they were just completely ignored she quite clearly thinks scotland doesn't matter in all of this.
    She does have a mandate from the whole of the UK electorate to proceed with, she can't listen to every fractious faction.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    She does have a mandate from the whole of the UK electorate to proceed with, she can't listen to every fractious faction.
    She heads a government that won only 37% of the votes cast and she wasn't the leader of the tory party at the time of the election in scotland there is on tory MP out of a possible 52 to believ that a government that 2/3rds o the populatuion actually opposes and votes against if you think that gives her a mandate from the whole of the uk electorate then I would put it to you have a rather panglossian view of things to pit it mildly.

The referendum result was as much an anti establishment vote as it had anything tio do with europe an to suggest we should be bilked in to a course of action that will destrpy the fabric of our society and economy without taking the sensible course of econsidering before that final step is position I totally reject. This is brought about by a squabble amongst puiblic schoolboys with a sense of entitlement to prattle on about taking back control of our democracy and then hand it to a bunch or right wing fascists without a mandate to rule and a prime minister that no one has had the chance to vote for because of an unbritish referendum is absurd.

she can't listen to every fractious faction
    I'll type this slowly becuse I'm geting fed up going back to correct the mistakes . Scotland is not a faction in the united kingdom it is suppose to be an equal partner in a union of nations. The snp had the possibility of a second referndum in their manifesto Nocola stirgean was the leader of the party and on that basis they all but wiped out labour and the tories at the last election. Just acceot it and stop believing what you read in the daily mail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast