I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:56 AM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Re: Thoughts on the UK general election

I think too much notice and credit has been given to the 'young' vote, and people (particularly the Government and May) seem to have discounted the very powerful GREY vote !
    I would suggest that hundreds of thousands of pensioners are literally 'fed up' with being picked on by the Government, being used to gain finance to the dwindling coffers, in order to bolster up NHS, security services etc.

Loosing much needed help with their pensions so they can at least exist. Yes we all know that people are living longer, so therefore arrangements must be made to allow for this. As it is, at the moment, the government seem hell bent on causing the premature death of thousands of savable pensioners by reducing funds that go part way to allowing a reasonable existence that has been paid for during the pensioners' working life ! Surely there is a law against such theft ?
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:56 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I think we have been stitched up big time by the sheer continued arrogance of the Tory party and especially their leadership.
    First Cameron rolled the dice thinking the result was a foregone conclusion, and failed, forcing May into the driving seat......as he walked away with his tail between his legs.
    May for no real reason other than to opportunistically take advantage of the 'loony left' and it's unpopular leader, called a snap election.......and we end up where we are now.

Going into Brexit talks, after a debatable campaign based on Cameron's ego trip forced us into a decision, and then May's ego trip as she hoped to be the leader that crushed Corbyn and ensured a further term in government.
    Bad judgment followed by yet more bad judgment......and they are negotiating our brexit deal ?

God help us all.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    02:56 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I think we have been stitched up big time by the sheer continued arrogance of the Tory party and especially their leadership.
    First Cameron rolled the dice thinking the result was a foregone conclusion, and failed, forcing May into the driving seat......as he walked away with his tail between his legs.
    May for no real reason other than to opportunistically take advantage of the 'loony left' and it's unpopular leader, called a snap election.......and we end up where we are now.

Going into Brexit talks, after a debatable campaign based on Cameron's ego trip forced us into a decision, and then May's ego trip as she hoped to be the leader that crushed Corbyn and ensured a further term in government.
    Bad judgment followed by yet more bad judgment......and they are negotiating our brexit deal ?

God help us all.
    The UK is an omnishambles at present. When are we even going to be in a position to start negotiations? They are supposed to start in a week or so and the deadline is fixed but there's talk of an October election There is less and less time for these complex and difficult negotiations if we want anything other than no deal. March 2019 we are out, unless we have the sense to drop the whole issue.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3