Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    08:40 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Early warning signs of fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Sorry, I assumed you knew what PA meant. Use your GPS - the zip code is 17603.
    I've been there.
    A nice area.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    01:40 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Glad to see lebour singing tne red flag again but as a scot jerusalem gives me the dry boak. hardly conducive to keeping the union together- english nationalism the political force that dare not speak it's name.
    TRANSLATION

Dry Boak = Nausea, retching.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

I went to LA once. Hated it. Too hot, and all concrete.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    02:40 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

I definitely agree that one of the key methods of modern fascists is to try to discredit any source of reliable information. Hitler and Goebbels wrote the book on this one, others have refined it since and control of information is THE crucial factor. Look at how Davis won't release the key parts of the Brexit Papers and May won't say how much the brexit bill will be. Steps on the same road Johnson and Trump are further down.

I wonder if the investigation of Trump's Russian links and Putin's interference in the brexit referendum, the support of various billionaires and Trump's recent tax cuts for the average middle class billionaire are all linked. Not as a formal plot - at least not to start with - but as these different groups realised they had a shared agenda they began to co-operate more closely.

Look at the way Trump and Putin are both happy to use far right racist groups in this country to further their agenda. Both want the EU weakened and the UK opened up to their organisations without EU regulation or interference. Billionaire businessmen see opportunity - Murdoch wants us out the EU because our leaders invite him to Downing St and the EU leaders ignore him. Big investors follow brexiter Redwood's advice to move their money out of the UK for a few years while it crashes - plenty of opportunity for them to move back after the situation has stabilised and they can buy back what they sold and more at a fraction of the cost, and both the US election and the EU referendum were big public events around which they could coalesce and provide mutual support.

So I wonder if in fact Putin, Trump and brexit are all part of the same international movement by the modern far right. This looks as if it is about increasing the power of already very powerful individuals.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    12:40 PM

Power or war?. Each country seems to me land grabbing/closing its borders or controlling them more.
    Somethings up and its not a penis.

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Look at the way Trump and Putin are both happy to use far right racist groups in this country to further their agenda.
    Youi might also add how thgeyare both using the religious right pandering to their prejudices in order to get their support. It's depressing the number if ameriucans who believe trump is an instrument of god.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    02:40 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Power or war?. Each country seems to me land grabbing/closing its borders or controlling them more.
    Somethings up and its not a penis.
    What's the relationship between War and Power? I agree something is happening but I don't know what. I'm trying to put together a jigsaw from a set of disparate pieces some of which may not even be part of this picture. This is the best I can do with the information I have at present, most of which is speculative.

You might also add how they are both using the religious right pandering to their prejudices in order to get their support. It's depressing the number of americans who believe trump is an instrument of god.
    My suspicion is that the American far religious right blends largely with our racist right - much the same sort of people in both, lots in common, both regard Trump as a hero. I'm sure there are members of the religious right who are no more than religious and Republican, but you do get the impression that a lot would be happy with white pointy hoods.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Racism is a religious construct used to justify slavery of people who are of a different colour. You can almost trace it's development but is you want some food for thought have a look at how many of the early christian saints were black or of mixed race. The most famous was st maurice patron saint of soldiers amongst others - he gave his name to san moritz.

Religion and state power have been hand in hand for generations it must have been handy to have people believe regicide was a crime against god.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Register to remove this ad.
    Facism over Democracy - when you follow a policy to steadily eliminate those who would most likely vote for the Opposition. That is to say, the needy, the disabled, the poverty stricken. Drive them to suicide. Kill them off through denying them the welfare they need. Evict them from their homes. Then bribe those that would vote for you, by giving massive tax breaks & giving Bargain Basement prices to buy up Public Services. It's nothing more than Political Class Genocide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7