I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    12:56 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Well, that was an interesting G7

I couldn't let it pass without some comment. It would be hilarious if it weren't so serious.

Trump can't cope with democratic leaders but he seems to do better with dictators. Maybe he'll get somewhere with Kim, who might just be trying to get out alive with his fortune. They have a lot in common after all - total corruption being the main thing.

It's noticeable that after 100 years of revolution and oppression, Russia has ended up with a Czar again and China has regained an Emperor. America seems to feel left out and is trying for an Absolute Monarch and England is trying to become a Stone Age theme park with Jane Austen enclaves.

Exciting times.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is is well-rested.

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    08-20-2018
    Local Time
    05:56 PM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Re: Well, that was an interesting G7

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    They have a lot in common after all - total corruption being the main thing.
    You forgot, a total lack of compassion, empathy, or humanity, complete selfishness, immoral and amoral standards, and they're both total a$$holes.

It's noticeable that after 100 years of revolution and oppression, Russia has ended up with a Czar again and China has regained an Emperor. America seems to feel left out and is trying for an Absolute Monarch and England is trying to become a Stone Age theme park with Jane Austen enclaves.
    lol. Stop that. You're ruining my morning.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

What's the matter with Jane Austen ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    What's the matter with Jane Austen ?
    Nothing. I'm trying to be positive.

You forgot, a total lack of compassion, empathy, or humanity, complete selfishness, immoral and amoral standards, and they're both total a$$holes.
    chuckle. Yes, Mr Teacher, Sir! Agree completely, btw.

superstar
    is returning

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    08-20-2018
    Local Time
    05:56 PM
    Gifts Beer

and what of the court jester from Canada?
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

He's coming over as sane, civilised and keeping his head when all around are losing theirs. I gather he has a reputation of being all touchy-feely and softly-softly but he has shown some steel over the tariffs (sorry...) and compared with the UK or US at present - wanna swap leaders?

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Apparently Trump now believes the World can sleep more soundly because he has denuclearised the Korean Peninsular.

He's just left Pompeo behind to dot a few i's and cross a few t's, but basically His Majesty King Donald I of the United Kingdoms of America has single-handedly denuclearised N.Korea. I have a genuine suspicion that if he doesn't already believe that he will do by the end of the weekend.

Traditionally, a brief and successful foreign war sets him up to deal with over-mighty subjects back home like that Mueller guy. Who does he think he is, investigating the King of America? Support will have solidified with his core vote and he'll have silenced a few waverers. Suggest Mueller starts digging, if he hasn't already got a pretty good all-round defence.

Of course, this depends on dealing with inconvenient questions like, "What guarantee do we have that the N.Koreans really will denuclearise this time unlike the previous times?" But he has what are now completely convincing answers since he has been there and done it: "Trust me," and "Well, there has been a complete change of regime - the President has changed, the Secretary of State has changed..." (Yeah, but which country was he talking about? Korea or USA?)

gmc
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Soon trumo will be coming to the uk. The canadians shook his hand the french kissed his cheek theres may hekd his hand I hate to think what part of his anatomy what our ex public schoolboy brexiteers will kiss in order to get a trade deal.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

It seems to me increasingly difficult to tell which way up Liar Johnson really is. More and more what's above the collar looks like a couple of arse cheeks. So I'm not sure it really matters.

gmc
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-21-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    It seems to me increasingly difficult to tell which way up Liar Johnson really is. More and more what's above the collar looks like a couple of arse cheeks. So I'm not sure it really matters.
    Read his biography of winston churchill - he's actually a good writer - main theme of his book is how, despite being a maverick or perhaps because of it perhaps, influential and instrumental churchill was in us winning ww2. Things such as being instrumental in the development of the tank to being the one that took over as war leader and had the oratory to unite the nation. I thnk my point is boris sees himself as such a maverick on a par with winston, it's all about him imo.

I had family members who remembered winston as also being the man who, as home secretary, sent 10,000 soldiers armed with machine guns, six tanks and a 4.5 inch Howitzer to Glasgow; the largest deployment of British troops on native soil. The army appeared on Glasgow’s streets on the 1st of February, 1919, The Howitzer was positioned at the City Chambers, the cattle market was transformed into a tank depot, Lewis Guns were posted on the top of the North British Hotel and the General Post Office, and armed troops stood sentry outside power stations and the docks. English troops were brought in on the not unreasonable grounds that a scottish regiment might be less inclined to open fire. People like to forget that about churchill and events like that in our somewhat less than glorious history when the flags are waving. Brexit means brexit let's take back control - hallelujah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast