I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:49 PM
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

Re: Illness it's a bugger ennit ?

That's good news. Walking to the creek is a start, we expect you to be swinging weights next week. And those parallel and asymmetric bars.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I just had a visit with the Oncologist and we are a 'go' for Friday to do a little resection to get rid of this thing. Seems we got to it in time and there is no evidence of spreading migration.
    Been out all week touring the high points of Colorado with two of my cousins.(Literally, we crossed the highest five mountain passes where that can be done with an automobile) Had a great week. Next week will be laid up in for a while after the resection. The hospital has a good Wi-fi, so I will probably be online a bit.

A few tests to confirm all clear, and I'll be good as new, minus a few centimeters or so of plumbing.

So, far the worst part of this whole experience is drinking that nasty stuff they give you to clean out your plumbing.
    The explosive stuff was is?

Any news? We worry you know :-)

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Well, I met all the criteria for release, and the Doc sent me home.
    Pitstop was so pleased to see me. She has been following me everywhere since I got home. Still horribly bloated and the sutures itch like crazy. This was my first actual surgery, and I aim to see that it is my last. (A few relatively minor things before, fixing broken bones and such, but nothing like this)
    Tried walking up to the creek, but waited too long and the temperature got to me, so I came back home. Tomorrow will be about ten degrees cooler, so will set out again, earlier.

It has been nice the last 16 hours not have someone coming around poking, prodding, sticking and such ever couple of hours.
    Take it steady, there is no need to over do it, build up up to marathon running fitness slowly.
    I had keyhole surgery, so no itchy sutures, and I have no idea how much of my pipework went missing.

Nice to hear you have escaped the clutches of those evil nurses, now it's only your wife on your case.......hopefully.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    05:49 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

I know exactly what you mean by the bloating and suture itching, and can commiserate. Here's hoping you make it to the creek today.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    06:49 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Take it steady, there is no need to over do it, build up up to marathon running fitness slowly.
    I had keyhole surgery, so no itchy sutures, and I have no idea how much of my pipework went missing.

Nice to hear you have escaped the clutches of those evil nurses, now it's only your wife on your case.......hopefully.
    I have to say that the nurses and CNAs on the Ward I was in ROCKED!!!!
    The most professional, caring, compassionate, and friendly group of people I have met in one place in ages.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I have to say that the nurses and CNAs on the Ward I was in ROCKED!!!!
    The most professional, caring, compassionate, and friendly group of people I have met in one place in ages.
    Mine were angels, how anyone can choose to go to work and deal with the things they deal with everyday, takes special people indeed.
    Don't know how to phrase this delicately so use your imagination, I embarrassed myself, and smiling nurse sorted it out .................twice.
    My apologies were brushed aside each time.............very special people.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

I've been having tummy trouble (bloating, that sort of thing) for a while and been thoroughly checked. I'm fine I'm glad to say, but the colonoscopy was...interesting. I had to drink gallons of water in the week leading up, then had to take an ENTIRE packet of over the counter laxative (senarkot). On top of that I had to take a hospital special laxative and a couple of top ups over the next 24 hours.

I nearly exploded. I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't some junior doctors having a laugh.

By the time I arrived at the hospital, using that knees together scuttle of desperation, my arse felt the way a chimp's looks. Fortunately the kind doctor took pity when I explained the situation and sedated me so thoroughly I have almost no memory of the procedure.

(Actually I have a sliding hiatus hernia and some acid reflux the later endoscopy discovered. Frankly it's something of a relief given the alternative possibilities)
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    I've been having tummy trouble (bloating, that sort of thing) for a while and been thoroughly checked. I'm fine I'm glad to say, but the colonoscopy was...interesting. I had to drink gallons of water in the week leading up, then had to take an ENTIRE packet of over the counter laxative (senarkot). On top of that I had to take a hospital special laxative and a couple of top ups over the next 24 hours.

I nearly exploded. I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't some junior doctors having a laugh.

By the time I arrived at the hospital, using that knees together scuttle of desperation, my arse felt the way a chimp's looks. Fortunately the kind doctor took pity when I explained the situation and sedated me so thoroughly I have almost no memory of the procedure.

(Actually I have a sliding hiatus hernia and some acid reflux the later endoscopy discovered. Frankly it's something of a relief given the alternative possibilities)
    I hope they didn't use the same camera

More seriously, glad it turn out OK.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    07-21-2017
    Local Time
    06:49 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post

Ow! I feel for you. Some of that DOES sound like someone getting a chuckle at your expense. Glad that you're getting it sorted out.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32