Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help against a bank

is Sh#$!!!! you can still see the F!@#ing flowers!

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    09:23 PM
    Gifts Beer

Re: Help against a bank

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Was the account actively closed or just unused? It makes a big difference.
    It is closed or at least that is what we were told, and what we told them to do is close the account. The whole reason for closing the old account 6 months ago was to make sure no activity was made on it as the reason for closing it was my step father left a blank check and his card at the appartment complex he works at as the Handyman, but as I stated what they tell us changes as we were originally told it a payment was made on the old account, and now were told she approved of two payments to the account which doesn't make any sense as she payed 5.00 to hold it to the 29th but one deduction is posted for the 26th and one for the 29th, but both came out today.

is Sh#$!!!! you can still see the F!@#ing flowers!

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer

Yes the bill pay posted to pay 700$ from her cecil federal checking account (her only checking account) to her mortgage companies account owned by chase

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-25-2014
    Local Time
    02:23 AM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by littleCJelkton View Post
    It is closed or at least that is what we were told, and what we told them to do is close the account. The whole reason for closing the old account 6 months ago was to make sure no activity was made on it as the reason for closing it was my step father left a blank check and his card at the appartment complex he works at as the Handyman, but as I stated what they tell us changes as we were originally told it a payment was made on the old account, and now were told she approved of two payments to the account which doesn't make any sense as she payed 5.00 to hold it to the 29th but one deduction is posted for the 26th and one for the 29th, but both came out today.
    If you have written instructions to close the old account then you have them cold - they have no right to make payment from a closed account and cannot produce two instructions to pay from your new account.

Premium Member
    is amused

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Balloons Burger Bed Balloons Beer Heart

No the account has been closed with 0.00 balance for 6 months, what happened because I believe they have a crappy IT service(there site is down constantly, an this morning when we went to go to the branch to find out there computers where down, so we had to go to another).

She logged on her new account but when she pressed to do online bill pay instead of having it programmed in the system to bill pay to auto-fill with the new information from the new account she logged in on, it used cached information, then the system saw it was our old account so from my best hypothesis is it fowarded to our new account as linked, but since there was a transaction on our old account it was made active thus the old account was charged and sent again to the new account. We went we online when we were told this to look at the online bill pay history and the online bill pay option was not there (i have the print screen to show). We went back to the main branch to get it rectified, but then they changed the story from the original teller " your old account was charged" to "you authorized to online bill pays on this account"
    and they said the bill pay option was missing when she logged on because it was blocked when we log on because of what happened to the account which means we can no longer get the history of my mom's online bill pay.
    May I ask why you are dealing with a "bank teller" and not requesting to speak face to face with the "branch manager" to solve this issue?

Usually the manager is capable of resolving an issue like this verses a teller.

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    07:23 PM
    Gifts Hay Bale Balloons Mop Cocktail Cake

Why would an Old account be linked to anything after 6th months of no activity?
    'No activity' is different than 'closed'. If your mother had not actually closed that account, it's entirely possible she made the mistake.

I have two accounts and have posted payments from the wrong account and when I didn't see it come through the bank I was expecting I went back and redid it. Doesn't happen often, as I can't afford it. But it has happened.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    08:23 PM
    Gifts Kitten

This is why I prefer to set my payments up so the creditor pulls the owed money out rather than have my bank push it out.
    "Beauty is Nature's Way of Acting at a Distance" Denis Dutton

I think, therefore I post
    is is back at school.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Cake Certificate Balloons Paintbrush Kitten Cocktail Paintbrush

Register to remove this ad.
    I still send in my mortgage payment by check, I don't want it automatically withdrawn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3