Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is romance rusty or already rotten?

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    05:57 AM

Is romance rusty or already rotten?

I realize the world is affected by everything in it, that's a given. Yet I never thought that I would lose hope in the future of romance for our children. I am afraid that the fruit of romance that they are inheriting is already rotten. The world is leaving them a legacy on love that is severely wounded. They probably won't read the great love stories in literature, so they will be left to themselves or to the living examples of their parents, friends, relatives or society.

You know, this doesn't look too good.

I look for good romances in our teens today, and speaking for myself I just don't see any. Like many of us, in them all I see is relations that are fractured in one way or another. Is good romance getting rotten? Am I seeing things or is relations of romance turning into a field of rotten tomatoes? We leave the comming generation all things they learn and consume, I think far too many of us are not placing enough value or the right value of good proper romance to our children. Some of us because we have never had it ourselves.

Romance has been beaten up and bent all out of shape. The world of romance has suffered an "Ice age." I cry for our children and my tears are like ice cubes, my own experiences having a track of perverted tales to astonish.

But, you know I have some positive learning experiences to pass on, but boy , trying to teach today's youth about romance is a real trip! But you know we have to. Rotten romances will only produce rotten societies, don't you think?

If the world is a ghetto, we have to sweeten the pot. And hey, women are the key to humanities short term future. The appeal starts there.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:57 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Is romance rusty or already rotten?

Chocolate, flowers and jewels. In no particular order

Perhaps chocolate jewel-studded flowers would be the ultimate gift. Followed by a romantic meal for two in the cabin of a rented superyacht on your way to a secret exotic location...

(end of romance, back to modern reality)

...where you sell her to the locals to pay for the yacht and the jewels.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I realize the world is affected by everything in it, that's a given. Yet I never thought that I would lose hope in the future of romance for our children. I am afraid that the fruit of romance that they are inheriting is already rotten. The world is leaving them a legacy on love that is severely wounded. They probably won't read the great love stories in literature, so they will be left to themselves or to the living examples of their parents, friends, relatives or society.

You know, this doesn't look too good.

I look for good romances in our teens today, and speaking for myself I just don't see any. Like many of us, in them all I see is relations that are fractured in one way or another. Is good romance getting rotten? Am I seeing things or is relations of romance turning into a field of rotten tomatoes? We leave the comming generation all things they learn and consume, I think far too many of us are not placing enough value or the right value of good proper romance to our children. Some of us because we have never had it ourselves.

Romance has been beaten up and bent all out of shape. The world of romance has suffered an "Ice age." I cry for our children and my tears are like ice cubes, my own experiences having a track of perverted tales to astonish.

But, you know I have some positive learning experiences to pass on, but boy , trying to teach today's youth about romance is a real trip! But you know we have to. Rotten romances will only produce rotten societies, don't you think?

If the world is a ghetto, we have to sweeten the pot. And hey, women are the key to humanities short term future. The appeal starts there.
    I'm sorry there is no romance in your life but it's always a mistake to assume your experience of life and romance is typical. I found my soulmate as did many of the people I know both young and old. I know one in three marriages end in divorce but 2 out of three don't. But then I don't beleive in god or that we were put on earth to suffer and die in order to go to heaven maybe that's god's way of balancing things out. In my experience religious people always find relationships difficult perhaps because they take relationship guidance from a book writtten in the stone age or just overthink it and try to do what they think is right rather than being able to see people as people in their own right and take things as they come. What woul;d god have me do is a real romance killer. Try the song of solomon which to me has always suggested intriguing culural links with the indian sub contiment it wasn't just sil;k and spices that were exchanged but ideas as well.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I'm sorry there is no romance in your life but it's always a mistake to assume your experience of life and romance is typical. I found my soulmate as did many of the people I know both young and old. I know one in three marriages end in divorce but 2 out of three don't. But then I don't beleive in god or that we were put on earth to suffer and die in order to go to heaven maybe that's god's way of balancing things out. In my experience religious people always find relationships difficult perhaps because they take relationship guidance from a book writtten in the stone age or just overthink it and try to do what they think is right rather than being able to see people as people in their own right and take things as they come. What woul;d god have me do is a real romance killer. Try the song of solomon which to me has always suggested intriguing culural links with the indian sub contiment it wasn't just sil;k and spices that were exchanged but ideas as well.
    I am not a religious man Gmc, and I have never stated that I have no romance in my life: in fact I think I have had enough to last a lifetime even if I never had another serious bout of it. I myself have never felt that romance was overrated, what the world needs now is love sweet love. In my view romance is not religious or political, although I understand that you must leap on anything I write as if it's religious. Religion does not mean that much to me, romance does. Romance is heart related heartfelt heaps of hot buttered soul and hope: and in this thread, hope for our children and their young hearts.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Love is simply the most important thing in life. It's the only thing that justifies it.

Everything else is just nitpicking over details.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time
    10:57 PM

Romance?........... OH PUR-LEASE!!!!!

Wolf in sheeps clothing.
    A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

what about Gay love?
    What about the love a man has with his dog? His car? His Yacht? His train set? himself?

Love is fleeting ...........because of chemical reactions in our body to breed or to protect.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Romance?........... OH PUR-LEASE!!!!!

Wolf in sheeps clothing.
    A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

what about Gay love?
    What about the love a man has with his dog? His car? His Yacht? His train set? himself?

Love is fleeting ...........because of chemical reactions in our body to breed or to protect.
    As we can see the sun is going down on romance already ; this is so sad, what a dangled web we weave, what a revolting development. I cried once and love made not a sound, I cried twice and my heart skipped a beat, I cried thrice and darkness hid her from me. Woe is me for I am undone, she left me on my madien voyage. But I will travel my life in search of she.

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

As we can see the sun is going down on romance already ; this is so sad, what a dangled web we weave, what a revolting development. I cried once and love made not a sound, I cried twice and my heart skipped a beat, I cried thrice and darkness hid her from me. Woe is me for I am undone, she left me on my madien voyage. But I will travel my life in search of she.
    and if she doesn't throw up first, you're in.

is searching for truth

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    and if she doesn't throw up first, you're in.
    There you go!*

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    09-23-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    There you go!�*����
    Here..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_(love)

Read it.

+ Reply to Thread