Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.33%
  • NO

45 75.00%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

9 15.00%
  • OTHER

4 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 210 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2097

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    08:02 AM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Noah’s Ark
    By - Robert Poe

I was told this story as a child as if it was some fun children’s story. Essentially, God made flawed creations and then commands them to be perfect. Then, because they aren’t being perfect, he decides to ruthlessly murder every creature except the ones on the ark. What a petty and malicious God to go along with an already horrible story. It sounds like a capricious child playing with ants on a sidewalk. And, why do all of the other creatures on earth have to die for this God to murder the humans? Couldn’t the omnipotent one come up with a better plan for their extermination? If this were true then the God of the bible would be worse than Hitler, in that he committed mass genocides so that he could breed his ultimate race. His prejudice, jealousy, and mistake in creation shows that this God would certainly not be omniscient or omnipotent. The God of the Bible also had no quarrel with slavery. As a matter of fact, he supported it and instructed one on how to attain, hold, and treat their slaves.
    Error on your part. God didn't create imperfect beings. He created them with the potential to obey Him or not and they chose not to obey Him, resulting in the sin curse. He wasn't ruthlessly murdering all the creatures, He was judging sinful, evil men who murdered, raped and lived wicked lives continually. As far as the animals go, God cares about them, but He cares much more for man. Right now, man is His primary concern. Slavery in the OT was different than the slavery of America. They were primarily voluntary to pay off a debt and it was for a period of 7 years. There were a couple of exceptions.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:02 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

If God created Man with the choice of whether to obey or not, and then to demand obedience, and to opt to commit genocide they choose the latter, doesn't that indicate a bit of a conflict. Put in Human terms that would be diagnosed as Schizophrenic & Psychotic.

As for Easter - well, that far predates Jesus. Infact it has nothing at all to do with the Bible. It is the festival of Oesther, the Pagan Goddess of New Life, hence the connections with Easter Eggs & Easter Bunnies. The same can be said for the feast of Yule, based on the Winter Solstice. The Christians just changed their own dates to conveniently crowbar their own beliefs into those previously held for thousands of years by other cultures, who had got on quite contentedly before the introduction the the New Order of Christian Religion.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Xfrod if youi knew anything about history you would know that the writers of the Bible were all from the middle east. This is the 21st Cent??????????? This kind of thinking is way back before the medieval period.
    Not only were they all from the middle east, but they were Jews. But they didn't always live in the middle east and they didn't always write from the middle east.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    01:02 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Not only were they all from the middle east, but they were Jews. But they didn't always live in the middle east and they didn't always write from the middle east.
    Yet being thousands of miles from the said location, they still claim to know, verbatim exactly what Person A said to Person B when no-one else, other than the 2 named parties were there.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by KoreyH View Post
    What if we are all already dead and this is all just an illusion to keep us occupied..
    I have a scarier thought. What if it's not and heaven and hell are really real like God told us? Why not be ready?

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    05:02 AM

The opposition of others to the Christian faith is not surprising. Fundamentalism and literal readings of the Bible make the faith seem like utter foolishness. If I didn't know better I to would call it foolish and ferry tales. Midrash is a whole ancient way to look at the Bible and one that makes sense The way some look at the concept of God they try to make the Divine into a human being. This is pure nonsense.

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    05:02 AM

I've heard that argument about be ready adnosium. It is nonsense. Be about what is best for your brothers and sister around the world and in every country. Proselytizing is a waste of time and harmful. Look at the First Nations in Canada. The harm the missionaries did is unconscionable.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Xfrod youj are wrong. Paul wrote in the 50s and early 60s. Mark was written around 70, Mathew was written in the early 8os Luke late 80s and John about 100 to 106. Now considering the average lifespan at that time was 325 Mark was the next generation. However some folks go to great lengths to tell God what and how and when to do things. The archaeology does not support the Bible. But hey if you wanna believe what you said go for it. But it is not historical. If the Gospel of John was written by the disciple John then he was writing from the grave.
    You are wrong. Via Schofield, a very respected Biblical Scholar, Matthew was written around AD 37. That's a far cry from AD 80. Mark was written in AD 57-63 at the latest, not AD 70. Paul's were around AD 60s-70. John was written around AD 85 or 90. You're date of 100 to 106 is very late. John was the longest living apostle living at least into his 90s. Yes Archaology DOES support the Bible. Was the Jewish temple destroyed in 70 AD or not? Yep it was. I do believe it and it IS historical. John wasn't writing from the grave. Your dates are off, probably intentionally by some liberal, know nothing so called "scholar" who either is lying or doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time

Xfrod you are living in a wannabe world. The writings of the gospels were written as I have elsewhere posted. Afraid of the truth? The other stories are myth or legend or folk tale. They are not literally factual. Myth, leend, folk tale But by a literal reading you mist the great beauty and great teachings of the Bible. The Bible is composed of myth, legend, folk tale, poetry, short story, parables etc. It is Midrash or metaphor. Some of the stories may have a small bit of history as their basis. Not much history thoughl.
    I am living in reality. You should try it. I have refuted this easily as usual. Are YOU afraid of the truth None of the Bible is myth or legend. You can make that accusation, but you are wrong. Midrash didn't come out until hundreds of years after the Bible was completed. I told you that. Looks like you would rather believe a lie than the truth. They are ALL historical.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    09:02 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Boxing Gloves Bed Heart Ban Hammer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    I am living in reality.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 210 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast