Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.33%
  • NO

45 75.00%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

9 15.00%
  • OTHER

4 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2096

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    08:58 PM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

:..: :...:

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

------------><------------

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    This is what it ultimately comes down to with all believers - that each one claims to be somehow special. However, your story is still incomplete and lacking substance. Read on and find out what I mean. You won't be able to comprehend this post the first few times you read it, but be tenacious, as you've shown signs of and reread it as often as you need to to get it.

On this site with the small number of active believers, there are those who make wild claims of special treatment from their God (perhaps that's why each one's constructed image of God and his personality vary). One such claim is that God raised the particular member from the dead, and one who claims God is deciding whether or not he's useful and special enough to cure his cancer, which, incidentally, God inflicted him with. Then we have Pahu who claims God has made him the special one, armed with special knowledge and strength to fight against evil science with. One member claims his special brand of self-imposed brainwashing, which he calls education, blesses him with intellectual insight into spirituality and makes him unique since he's allegedly made a few kind gestures here and there that he credits his religious upbringing for. We also have you, Frodo, who appears to be blessed with the ultimate special gift of...well...nothing really, so you just parrot others. Don't allow that to deter you though because everyone I've referrenced above has been exactly where you are now until each one invented and refined their uniquely special BS stories. When you look into the eyes of other believers you both like and dislike, and listen to them spout their uniquely God-given qualities and gifts, realize you are peering into your future minus that special twist you'll invent in order to tell your special story of how God chose you.

Interpreting all these claims from a psychological perspective, I imagine one might initially conclude they've all suffered emotional neglect as children and are in turn seeking attention from a parental figure (God The Father). Indeed, emotional neglect and even abuse are well-known techniques of religious cult brainwashing (spare the rod - spoil the child). Another psychologist might diagnose you all as narcissistic. Either or both diagnoses could be accurate for all I know.

Why has God given each person their special talent? The absurd answer we come away with is - to endlessly talk about "him". The end result we witness is the abused praising the abuser.

Might I suggest all believers share the same pretentious signature of "God's special child...after Jesus, of course."
    In actuality, we are not special other than the fact that we are WILLING to believe God and Obey Him. I wasn't giving you a full story. It would take me hours to tell you all that I have seen and experienced with God and even the devil has attacked me for my ministry. God the Father raised His Son from the dead....God cures cancer when He chooses. We don't get to decide His reason. God doesn't necessarily inflict things on people. He does at times allow satan, nature, ect. to inflict things on people for His purposes and reasons. Pahu I am sure never called himself "The Special One" I would believe that God has a special calling and purpose for Pahu obviously in matters of science and creationism. He's spreading the truth, so that at a minimum when those who reject Christ are judged, they will be without excuse because the truth was told to them. I am not sure who the person who were referring to in matters of education. I give you facts and evidence as Pahu does and it's up to you to accept it or reject it. Pahu probably takes more time to type out extensive responses, whereas, I simply get to the point. Each member of the Body of Christ is given a specific role, part, job. We are all different. I wouldn't doubt if each of these folks suffered from some sort of abuse as a child and even when they were older. It wouldn't surprise me. God allows bad things to happen to His children sometimes to prepare them and bring them to where He needs them to be in order to accomplish their mission in life. Narcissistic, no. I don't see anyone here who is narcissistic, but there are plenty of people that ARE like that that claim to be serving God. God can even use people like that to further His purpose, even though they are dead wrong for acting that way. Cult brainwashing..no, but there are Churches that I would consider to be cult like, not because they follow the Bible, but because they DON'T. I have taken plenty of Psychology and Sociology in college. The problem with these topics is that secular psychology dismisses the spiritual aspects of many disorders and experiences. I would NEVER go to a non Christian Psychologist for advice. I have seen them mess people's heads up. God has created all beings and things that exist to center around Him. The abuse comes from this sinful world, not God. Believers are co-heirs with Christ in heaven. He is the head of the Church and we are His Body. What greater honor could there be than to rule with Christ over His creation? This feeble world is a blink of an eye in God's eye. He knows we will continue to exist for eternity. What if these bad things in this life are there to prepare us for all of the great things we shall see eternally afterward?

This was written by the Apostle Paul who had literally been to heaven and heard things that He was not able to utter on this earth:

1Co 2:9 But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

You can't deny History:

Early Secular Writings Regarding Christ

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    If writing about something makes it real, then Jesus may just be an invention. It works both ways. Then it comes down to what you can or want to believe. Jesus never existed.

https://youtu.be/hcPiUGGd25s
    The theologians have already moved the date back to 4 BC.

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    05:58 PM

I'm sure that if the historical Jesus could come back he would be appalled with what has been done to him and his name.

Ted
    Currently Online Now
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    05:58 PM

I am sure that if the historical Jesus could come back he would be appalled with what has been done to him and his name.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I'm sure that if the historical Jesus could come back he would be appalled with what has been done to him and his name.
    Actually no. He is the one calling men and women to further the Gospel of Grace.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-23-2017
    Local Time
    09:58 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Boxing Gloves Bed Heart Ban Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    You can't deny History:

I can deny lots of stuff.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    You can't deny History:

This trash has been so thoroughly debunked it's tiring seeing it posted again and again by you dead-heads. Your religious site owners refuse to update information. That's not our faults, nor is it our fault you continue to read old and debunked news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast