Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.33%
  • NO

45 75.00%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

9 15.00%
  • OTHER

4 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 229 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2285

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:22 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Why the obsession with the word interpretation?
    He does that often when he hears or reads something new. Sort of like how you obsess over everything God.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:22 PM

It is not an obsession it is simply the fact.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Yes, the fact is that you obsess.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Like I said you know nothing about Evolution or what a theory is either.
    False. I know a lot about it. I learned about it all through School and in College. It is you who doesn't know anything about Creation Science.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Xfrod you interpret the Bible every time you read it. The writers interpreted events that happened. The Bible is an interpretation of an interpretation At least I get an honest open properly studied peer reviewed work done by writers who seek only the truth and not trying to make the evidence fit a preconceived hypothesis.

As far as the rest of your posts: May God protect us from such nonsense. .
    Yes, but you can't just interpret it any way you want. You have to take it for what it actually says. People who don't want to believe the Bible like to "Interpret" it to fit what they wish were the truth rather than believing it for what it actually says. Your way of thinking is the none sense.

Ted
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time
    03:22 PM

One of my professors at VST was a Jewish scholar and rabbi. He told us that there is no one correct interpretation of anything in the Bible. A section can have multiple valid interpretations. That is the nature of Jewish writing and midrash. Now since it was the Jews who wrote the OT and the NT it seems to me that they ought to know what they are talking about. So much for modern fundamentalist errors.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    They're not calling it fake they are simply saying there is not enough to reach a concluscion.

It's like you can't explain thunder and lightning so it must be the gods fighting each other, that was OK in the stone age to just believe in god because you can't explain something is just silly. Instead of being able to accept you are unable to explain something you create the god of the gaps. You can't explain something so god must have done it, it is fantasy.

Then your god is at best vindictive and capricious at worst he is insane. Just out of curiosity do you believe in the holy trinity?
    Actually that's not true. They aren't even looking at the evidence and are calling it fake. The evidence that I am presenting supports the Bible, it's not like an empty explanation like thunder and lightning. The thing that has gaps is Darwinian evolution, but you don't seem to notice that. My God is not vindictive, He is unpredictable unless He specifies otherwise you cannot predict what He will do, that is true, otherwise He wouldn't be God if you could understand Him. Of course I believe in the Holy Trinity. It's Biblical.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    He does that often when he hears or reads something new. Sort of like how you obsess over everything God.
    The difference is that God isn't new to me, but He is very real to me. He has directly changed the course of my life on many occasions. He has spoken to me in various ways including audibly. He has performed miracles on my family. When I am on my death bed I don't want to have any regrets.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Sounds more like an obsession to me.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-19-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    One of my professors at VST was a Jewish scholar and rabbi. He told us that there is no one correct interpretation of anything in the Bible. A section can have multiple valid interpretations. That is the nature of Jewish writing and midrash. Now since it was the Jews who wrote the OT and the NT it seems to me that they ought to know what they are talking about. So much for modern fundamentalist errors.
    Your professor doesn't know what he's talking about if he said that. There may be places where the wording is vague, however, if you compare scripture with scripture, you should be able to come up with the correct one. Sometimes things aren't revealed until hundreds of years later or even longer. Hundreds of OT prophecies weren't revealed until hundreds of years later after Christ came. Midrash didn't come around until 200 AD. The Bible was completed by 90 AD so it's not Midrash as we have talked about many times. Sometimes it is veiled because God doesn't want us to understand it until His time. Revelation would be a good example. The Jews wrote it under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Since the Jews reject their Messiah, they don't have that guidence unless they individually accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Most don't at this time, but in the future, all of Israel will accept Christ as Messiah. That's the reason that Paul was able to spread the gospel to the Gentiles because they rejected their Messiah. Modern Fundamentalists are the ones filled with the Holy Spirit at this time because they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, therefore, they have the guidence of Him to show them the truth.

Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. {blindness: or, hardness}

+ Reply to Thread