Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.28%
  • NO

46 75.41%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

9 14.75%
  • OTHER

4 6.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 266 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2655

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    05:45 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    They may be right and they may be wrong, but I do know that God does use symbolism in the things He does. I found it interesting that the greatest evangelist of the 1800s, D.L. Moody died in December of 1899. But of course we don't know for sure what God is doing or thinking unless He tells us.
    Well, suppose you could rustle up some documentation that explains the significance of February 21 in the Jewish world?
    I think she made that up.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Umm...yeah. That's what I thought too. Billy Graham was an intolerant bigot. Jesus said, "Do unto others." He never said, "Do unto others unless they are gay, not white, or in some other way not like you." He was what I call a "Sunday Christian." Someone who piously attends church, and tells themselves how Christian they are on Sunday, then is mean and hateful to everyone all week long.

Billy Graham was a Bigot - Do Not Mourn His Death
    Billy Graham, the greatest evangelist of the 20th Century a bigot? He worked with Dr. Martin Luther King. You speak from great ignorance. Billy graham was a great man and is in heaven right now. Piously attends church? You speak from great ignorance. He was a very loving man. He sacrificed being with his family for months at a time to go out and preach the gospel so that those who would accept Christ's message of love and salvation would be saved. That's what Billy Graham did. Disagreeing with you or anyone else doesn't make him a bigot. Believing what the Bible says doesn't make you a bigot. Hating Christians for believing the Bible and disagreeing with you DOES make you a bigot.

is is well-rested.

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Billy Graham, the greatest evangelist of the 20th Century a bigot? He worked with Dr. Martin Luther King. You speak from great ignorance.
    No, he was a homophobe. He stated it many times. Evangelist Billy Graham was a Homophobe

Billy graham was a great man and is in heaven right now.
    He was a hater and, on the slim chance that God forgave him, the homosexual people in Heaven with him must be laughing out loud.

Piously attends church? You speak from great ignorance. He was a very loving man.
    You can't go to church and call yourself Christian, then not accept people for what they are and hate on them. That's not what Jesus said. If you pray then hate, you're a hypocrite.

Disagreeing with you or anyone else doesn't make him a bigot.
    No, being homophobic does.

Believing what the Bible says doesn't make you a bigot.
    Let's not get into the literal translation of the Bible tiff, shall we? Otherwise, I'll have to ask you why you don't own slaves, (Exodus 21: 7-8) carry out cannibalism, (II Kings 6:28-29) or have incest with your sister (II Kings 13:14)

Hating Christians for believing the Bible and disagreeing with you DOES make you a bigot.
    Unike Mr. Graham, I accept all people for who they are, gay, straight, other races, or other religions. Heck, I even accept people like you for who they are!

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, suppose you could rustle up some documentation that explains the significance of February 21 in the Jewish world?
    I think she made that up.
    I think that they did have some religiously symbolic reasons, but like I said, it doesn't necessarily make them right. It's just that there are a lot of Jewish holidays, so to make the claim is difficult.

https://www.hebcal.com/holidays/

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    No, he was a homophobe. He stated it many times. Evangelist Billy Graham was a Homophobe

He was a hater and, on the slim chance that God forgave him, the homosexual people in Heaven with him must be laughing out loud.

You can't go to church and call yourself Christian, then not accept people for what they are and hate on them. That's not what Jesus said. If you pray then hate, you're a hypocrite.

No, being homophobic does.

Let's not get into the literal translation of the Bible tiff, shall we? Otherwise, I'll have to ask you why you don't own slaves, (Exodus 21: 7-8) carry out cannibalism, (II Kings 6:28-29) or have incest with your sister (II Kings 13:14)

Unike Mr. Graham, I accept all people for who they are, gay, straight, other races, or other religions. Heck, I even accept people like you for who they are!
    Homophobe (plural homophobes)A person who is prejudiced against homosexuals and homosexuality.

Billy Graham was NOT a Homophobe. He was not prejudice against homosexuals. He did not HATE homosexuals. He believed that homosexuals should have all of the same rights as heterosexuals. With that said, he believed what the Bible said, that homosexuality is a sin. Not agreeing with the homosexual agenda doesn't make him a hater. Unless you are willing to say that those who don't agree with Christians are also haters. Do they HATE Christians? Do you HATE Christians?

You can't ignore what the Bible says and then tell Christians that they aren't Christian for following what the Bible says. That's a joke right? You keep calling him a hater, but it sounds like you hate him for his beliefs and therefore think you have a right to call him a hater. You are claiming to care about what Jesus said, but the whole Bible was inspired by Jesus and it's clear in the Bible that it is a sin to be gay. Is Jesus hateful? Was paul hateful? Of course Christians are still to love Gay people. Speaking an opinion isn't hate unless you are willing to say that you speaking your opinion disagreeing with Billy Graham is hateful.

Literal translation is what we are supposed to do. What you want to do is "translate" the Bible so that it agrees with what you want it to day rather than what it actually says. You can't do that.

Why don't I own slaves? The slavery in the OT was optional to pay off debts. It was for a period of 7 years. It wasn't the slavery like that of the other Countries of the world that was involuntary. No where in the Bible is cannibalism allowed. Are you kidding? The Bible tells factual information about cannibalism occurring, it's not allowing it. Incest was allowed in the Beginning because the Children of Adam and Eve had no one else to marry. The DNA was perfect at that time as well, so the chance of deformities was very slim. It was later forbidden by God once the law was given. That's why incest is a sin.

Unlike you, Christians accept all people for who they are, it's just that we also have a right to disagree with them about their lifestyle if it goes against what the Bible says. Fornication, Adultery, Homosexuality are all sexual sins according to the Bible, but God still loves them. If you want to argue about it, take it up with God, He said it in His word. Christians accept people of all races and religions, but it seems that you don't accept people from the religion of Christianity. Muslims and other religions also believe that homosexuality and adultery are sins, are they hateful? Answer me on this. Or is it just Christians? Muslims actually kill gay people for being gay. Do you accept that?

I even accept people like you for who you are too, but like you, I also have a right to my opinion. You aren't the only one. So, unless you are willing to say that you are hateful for disagreeing with Billy Graham on his opinion of homosexuality, you can't call him hateful, because he was a very loving man.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

SCIENCE CONFIRMS GENESIS FLOOD ACCOUNT, AGAIN

Science confirms Genesis Flood account, again

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

Book Says That Jesus May Have Been Unattractive, Disfigured:

‘What Did Jesus Look Like?’: Controversial book by Joan Taylor

Isa 53:2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

Einstein was no dummy when it came to God

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

LINK: Albert Einstein talks about God
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-18-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, Obviously someone is lying here. Einstein is quoted discretely as saying that He believes in God:

Einstein stated in an interview published in G.S. Viereck’s book Glimpses of the Great, 1930: “I’m absolutely not an atheist. … The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 266 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast