Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time
    04:38 AM
    Gifts Cake Certificate Balloons Paintbrush Kitten Cocktail Paintbrush

Re: Death

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I know a lot of people who worry about it
    it seems to be a moment of dreaded inevitability in people consciousness that the lower generations can not face.

To know a God that you have faith in can be of some comfort to those in their 60's, but I'm afraid disparity will consume other generations.

Are you sure you know enough if there is an afterlife?

what do you really feel about it?
    please ponders if you will for a few days before replying

but think about it...
    I think that is where faith comes in, Ian. If you believe in God and an afterlife, you really are not too afraid of it.

Do I know there is an afterlife? Yes, I have been there when others have gone before me, and heard what they told me. I believe it is true, at that moment before you step into eternity, you would only say what is really there.

Do I think of it often? Oh, once in awhile. I worry more what will happen to those left, and who will take care of my husband. But truthfully, I do not think I will die with those things to worry about. It is not bravado, but just things that I know.

Does it make me sad? Oh yes, I am worried about my little bird right now. My animals are as beloved as my children, and I want them to be well. I believe they go to heaven, and take the verse of the "lion laying down with the lamb" in a literal sense. I believe they will be there, waiting for me. Someone I loved very much, as he was dying, I made him promise me to take care of my critters up there, and one child who was never born, until I would be there. I believe they all wait for me. To hear someone tell you what is there, to catch a glimpse of it yourself, as they fade from mortality into another realm, you do not forget those things. You learn from them, and wait to join them.

My brother-in-law was murdered, and I was the one in ER waiting room while they tried their best to save him. He called to me, and I knew he was going away. He was not sad, he sure was surprised, but happy. When the doctors came in five minutes later to tell me, I told them I knew and thanked them for their heroic efforts. I know he is there, and once in awhile I will catch a glimpse of something, and know he is thinking of me, and will wait there for me with my father and others when I arrive.

"You see through a glass darkly..." We are on this side, they are on the other. But we will be there one day too.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time
    09:38 AM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Are you afraid of dying?
    Not of death - what is there to fear.

Dying? Not fear but I do hope it's clean.

What I do fear is life being drawn out beyond its reasonable conclusion - where the body continues even though the mind is dead or where the body is so damaged that no dignity is left I would not wish to continue to live.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time

Okay this may be to deep mods if you wish to delete be my guest..

Otherwise my intentions are for positve and not morbid reasons
    Not too deep at all - an interesting question that should draw some interesting answers.

Ian
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    I think that is where faith comes in, Ian. If you believe in God and an afterlife, you really are not too afraid of it.

Do I know there is an afterlife? Yes, I have been there when others have gone before me, and heard what they told me. I believe it is true, at that moment before you step into eternity, you would only say what is really there.

Do I think of it often? Oh, once in awhile. I worry more what will happen to those left, and who will take care of my husband. But truthfully, I do not think I will die with those things to worry about. It is not bravado, but just things that I know.

Does it make me sad? Oh yes, I am worried about my little bird right now. My animals are as beloved as my children, and I want them to be well. I believe they go to heaven, and take the verse of the "lion laying down with the lamb" in a literal sense. I believe they will be there, waiting for me. Someone I loved very much, as he was dying, I made him promise me to take care of my critters up there, and one child who was never born, until I would be there. I believe they all wait for me. To hear someone tell you what is there, to catch a glimpse of it yourself, as they fade from mortality into another realm, you do not forget those things. You learn from them, and wait to join them.

My brother-in-law was murdered, and I was the one in ER waiting room while they tried their best to save him. He called to me, and I knew he was going away. He was not sad, he sure was surprised, but happy. When the doctors came in five minutes later to tell me, I told them I knew and thanked them for their heroic efforts. I know he is there, and once in awhile I will catch a glimpse of something, and know he is thinking of me, and will wait there for me with my father and others when I arrive.

"You see through a glass darkly..." We are on this side, they are on the other. But we will be there one day too.
    I'm with you

Ian
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Not of death - what is there to fear.

Dying? Not fear but I do hope it's clean.

What I do fear is life being drawn out beyond its reasonable conclusion - where the body continues even though the mind is dead or where the body is so damaged that no dignity is left I would not wish to continue to live.
    If you have no mind then what is dignity worth?

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time

If you have no mind then what is dignity worth?
    Either or!

If either the mind has died or the body leave you with no dignity the time has come to say goodbye.

Caitriona Eibhlin
    is searching for comets and seashells

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time
    05:38 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift FacePalm Banana Kitten Heart Car Balloons

Good question Ian.

Yes, I have thought about this question a lot.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic and did not like anything about this religion. There was always so much fire and brimstone fear instilled in us that wasn't healthy for me.

Our Church also catered to the males too much and left the women behind. We females couldn't be altar girls...or rule the home or have a better job than our husbands. I also felt that we were treated like 2nd class citizens.

Funny how things changed in the Church when I became an adult....Think too many people were leaving the Church.... so they changed the rules...funny that...women had more opportunities

I do not believe in an afterlife and don't worry about it. I do worry about suffering though and putting my family and friends through heartache worrying about me.

Not believing in an afterlife does not worry me, but this is why I mourn so much when my loved ones die because I feel that I won't see them again.

It must be so comforting to the believers to know that you'll see your loved ones again in another life.

I don't know the purpose of life Ian because no one knows, and it really upsets me when religious zealots talk about religion as though they know the truth.

I only know if there is a Heaven and Hell that I will be in Heaven, as I try to be the best person that I can be. I guess that you could call me an agnostic because I'm not sure but am trying to keep an open mind about religion.

Ian
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Either or!

If either the mind has died or the body leave you with no dignity the time has come to say goodbye.
    Why are you concerned with "dignity" ? there is nothing more dignified than life.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time

Why are you concerned with "dignity" ? there is nothing more dignified than life.
    Personal choice - if I were no longer able to perform basic bodily functions without someone to clean up after me, for example, I would feel that life held no dignity.

High Priestess of Cardis
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    01-16-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Paintbrush Muffin Banana

Register to remove this ad.
    Are you afraid of dying?
    Yes, Ian, I am afraid of dying. I've experienced panic attacks on and off for more years than I care to remember, and I've found that people who have these either think they're going crazy or dying. For me it's the latter. It feels very real that I'm going to die. Maybe, my fear is that of losing who I think I am.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast