Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 395 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 3943

Thread: Science Disproves Evolution

  1. #3931
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,473
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    29,570
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Because it gets updated whenever Pahu gets stumped and thinks up new answers.

    Ask him!
    See, he quoted me and avoided answering. Ask him what his relationship is to the site.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

  2. #3932
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,782
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    37,555
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Pahu View Post
    The disciplines of science prove creation and disprove evolution. For example:



    The Ice Age: Causes and Consequences
    by John D. Morris, Ph.D.

    The Ice Age has been a longstanding problem for uniformitarian thinking, with many unsolved mysteries. No mere tweaking of today's climate conditions would cause such a catastrophe. A creationist model based on the revealed events of Scripture, however, offers a possible answer.

    The great Flood of Noah's day accomplished a complete reworking of earth's surface and an alteration of all its hydrologic and meteorlogic systems. The Ice Age likely occurred soon after the Flood, perhaps in the days of Job, for references to ice and snow abound in his book (see, for example, Job 38:29). Job didn't live in a glaciated area, but he evidently knew about icy conditions farther north.

    The key to the Ice Age was temperature--not cold, but warm. Ice comes from snow, and snow from moisture in the air, which in turn comes through evaporation, which comes from warm water. The Flood oceans were quite warm due to the introduction of huge volumes of superheated water from the "fountains of the great deep" (Genesis 7:11) and frictional heating by shifting continents, etc.

    Warmer water evaporates much more rapidly than cold. The immediate post-Flood time was marked by frequent major storms fed by excessive evaporation. Polar ice caps built up as water vapor condensed and fell as snow. Pressure packed it into ice, which spread as glaciers. The earth was not completely frozen, but the polar ice caps were much larger then. Large-scale volcanism in the Flood's latter stages clouded the atmosphere with volcanic dust, reflecting solar radiation back into space. This prohibited snow and ice from melting.

    The Ice Age commenced and continued until the oceans gave up their excess heat and the atmosphere cleared. Water trapped as ice on the continents lowered the sea level by an estimated four to six hundred feet, no doubt exposing the continental shelves. During the Ice Age, all the continents were probably connected by land bridges.

    What happened when the Ice Age ended? The volume of ice returned to liquid form and reentered the ocean, raising sea level and drowning all areas near the ocean. Today, we find numerous remains of civilizations that evidently had been built in coastal areas soon after the Flood.

    In recent years such ruins were found in the Black Sea, leading many to speculate that Noah's Flood was responsible. But this could not be. Ignored were waterborne sediments thousands of feet thick underneath the Black Sea that are the legacy of Noah's Flood. The ruins were built after Noah, but were inundated by major flooding as the rising Ice Age meltwater overtopped the natural dam near today’s Istanbul. A similar scenario explains the Mediterranean Sea. The rising waters breeched the "dam" at Gibraltar and flooded a low-lying floodplain with inland lakes. Great Britain was part of Europe. The Hudson Bay was dry. Large islands in the Pacific were connected with the mainland.

    Genesis 10:25 states that in Peleg's day "was the earth divided." This certainly could not imply that in Peleg's day the Atlantic Ocean was opened up, for this would have caused another flood to rival Noah's. Perhaps what Scripture is saying is that in Peleg's day the Ice Age ended, increasing the volume of water in the oceans, raising sea level, drowning land bridges, and "dividing" the continents.

    As the great Flood of Noah's day ended, God instructed the animals and man to multiply and occupy the entire planet. Man's refusal was overcome at Babel as God enforced migration, graciously working through nature, for at this time the Ice Age connected all the land, facilitating travel. As the globe filled with occupants, the ice melted, dividing the continents and trapping the migrants in place. God made it possible for both animals and man to obey His command.

    The Ice Age: Causes and Consequences | The Institute for Creation Research
    So, how, exactly, are you related to The Institute for Creation Research, Pahu?
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

  3. #3933
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,782
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    37,555
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    See, he quoted me and avoided answering. Ask him what his relationship is to the site.
    One day, he may actually come across some "Science"
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

  4. #3934
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,473
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    29,570
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    He's a troll. I don't understand why you guys continue feeding him.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

  5. #3935
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,782
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    37,555
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    He's a troll. I don't understand why you guys continue feeding him.
    Entertainment?
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

  6. #3936
    Senior Member
    is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,430
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    5,672

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    So, how, exactly, are you related to The Institute for Creation Research, Pahu?
    I could be wrong, but I don't think he is related to it. It's just one of his sources. I would be interested to know how much of his articles those here actually read before dismissing it.

  7. #3937
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    5,987
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    08:50 AM
    Points
    27,618
    Gifts Beer Cake

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Just as I predicted. 2 entire posts consisting of 99% paste, with absolutely NO mention of the simple challenge I set him. I asked that he define exactly what Disciplines of Science have proven anything and in what way. Science can support a positive claim. It can never disprove a negative one. For instance, Science cannot disprove a God. It can't disprove the Tooth Fairy. They don't meet any of the criteria so it is impossible to do so.

    1. Evidence. There is masses of evidence charting historical records of Evolution through the ages.
    2. Prediction. Predictions have been made of exactly what previously unknown fossils would be found & where, and have been found in those places. They also fit the geological timeline predicted.
    3. Observation. Changes in species have been observed of animals adapting to suit their environment, even Creationists accept this, although they invent the term "micro-evolution", as they can't bring themselves to accept that Evolution has been shown to exist. All Evolution is "Micro-Evolution", as lots of "Micro-Evolutions make a "Macro-Evolution", in the same way that lots of millimetres make a Light Year. It is merely a matter of scale.
    4. Theorise. In order to be officially accepted as a Theory, it must meet all the other criteria. Creationists tend to come up with the phrase "But it's only a Theory". That is because they don't understand the concept of a Scientific Theory. For example - Gravity is only a Theory. Do they deny the existence of Gravity.
    5. Experiment. Nearly all Medical Research is based on the acceptance of Evolution. Evolution is an essential part of Bacteriology.
    6. Peer Review. Thousands upon Thousands of papers have been published & Peer Reviewed on various matters of Evolution. Some of them have been dismissed outright. Most have been accepted. When evidence is put forward that challenges the accepted view of things, the accepted Theory is amended accordingly. The primary concept of Science is that it never accepts that it has everything right & wants to challenge itself so that there is always something to strive for. Creationism takes the opposite view. It has a single reference book that is Thousands of years out of date. It has been handed down by word of mouth, through countless interpretations (and continues to do so), yet the followers of each & every one of these sects insist that theors is the only 'true' one, and that everything else is literally 'fact'. The Bible even specifically states, on multiple occasions that the earth is flat, yet even with that, not many accept that to be the case. In this respect, it has been shown that the Bible is NOT the absolute truth. It has multiple contradictions, yet Creationists refuse to challenge this & believe that either ALL the contradictions are true or deny that there are any contradictions at all.

    Now, I have given definitions of how each & every Discipline of Science supports Evolution. You say it meets none, yet you fail to demonstrate a single one that you claim to Disprove it. This is because Science does not Disprove anything. It merely serves to support evidence or not. You say that God created everything. Science asks "What is the evidence for this?". You answer that it's written in the Bible. Straight away that argument has collapsed. At best you could claim that the Bible is a paper being put forward for Peer Review. However, without defining how it meets all the other criteria it would immediately be dismissed. Evolution, on the other hand, meets ALL the criteria, as I have demonstrated.

  8. #3938
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    Pahu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,721
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    6,488

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    See, he quoted me and avoided answering. Ask him what his relationship is to the site.
    The disciplines of science prove creation and disprove evolution. For example:


    Neanderthal Men Were Modern Men


    A set of fossilized human remains has been discovered in Iberia that shows partial Neanderthal characteristics, proving again that Neanderthals interbred with anatomically modern men.1 This adds to a growing list of evidence, consistent with biblical history, that demonstrates Neanderthal to have been fully human, rather than an evolutionary transition.2

    Though evolution models once held that Neanderthal man was one of the “missing links” between an ape-like ancestor and modern man, the repeated discoveries of Neanderthal remains right next to those of modern humans—instead of in separate, lower, older strata—have forced him out of the pool of “pre-human” evolutionary ancestor candidates. In contrast to ever-evolving naturalistic interpretations, the biblical creation model has consistently maintained that Neanderthal man was just that—man.

    Neanderthal did have distinct characteristics that are apparently now either extinct or diffused, but his family line was fully human for several hundred years after Noah’s Flood, when humans repopulated the earth about 4,300 years ago.

    The mounting evidence for Neanderthal and modern man’s coexistence calls into question whether the Neanderthal and other human varieties even lived in separate times, as the evolutionary story still maintains. Both the Bible and science indicate that this was not the case. Biblical history has no place for such a separate, distant time of evolutionary development, but it does allow for variations within the human kind in its 6,000-year history.

    Anthropologist Marvin L. Lubenow has shown that Neanderthal, other than having a larger cranial capacity, was anatomically the same as Homo erectus.3 Their fossils do not fit into the depiction of a linear evolutionary ape-to-man transition that is iconic today, but were simply comingling variations of humankind. Furthermore, a fossil elbow (KP 271) and the Laetoli footprints are indistinguishable from modern man, and both have been dated by evolutionary scientists at 4 million years or older—predating the earliest Neanderthals!4 Thus, within the published evolutionary dates, “anatomically modern Homo sapiens, Neandertal, archaic Homo sapiens, and Homo erectus [as well as Lucy-like Australopithecinces] all lived as contemporaries.”3

    As seen in the fossil remains from Iberia, the more that is discovered about Neanderthal, the more evolutionary models morph to accommodate the data. In contrast to this ambiguity, both the Bible and science confirm that man and apes—though many small differences can be discerned within each kind—nevertheless remain totally separate, untransitioned created kinds.

    Neanderthal Men Were Modern Men | The Institute for Creation Research
    Truth Frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

  9. #3939
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    Pahu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,721
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    6,488

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Just as I predicted. 2 entire posts consisting of 99% paste, with absolutely NO mention of the simple challenge I set him. I asked that he define exactly what Disciplines of Science have proven anything and in what way. Science can support a positive claim. It can never disprove a negative one. For instance, Science cannot disprove a God. It can't disprove the Tooth Fairy. They don't meet any of the criteria so it is impossible to do so.

    1. Evidence. There is masses of evidence charting historical records of Evolution through the ages.
    2. Prediction. Predictions have been made of exactly what previously unknown fossils would be found & where, and have been found in those places. They also fit the geological timeline predicted.
    3. Observation. Changes in species have been observed of animals adapting to suit their environment, even Creationists accept this, although they invent the term "micro-evolution", as they can't bring themselves to accept that Evolution has been shown to exist. All Evolution is "Micro-Evolution", as lots of "Micro-Evolutions make a "Macro-Evolution", in the same way that lots of millimetres make a Light Year. It is merely a matter of scale.
    4. Theorise. In order to be officially accepted as a Theory, it must meet all the other criteria. Creationists tend to come up with the phrase "But it's only a Theory". That is because they don't understand the concept of a Scientific Theory. For example - Gravity is only a Theory. Do they deny the existence of Gravity.
    5. Experiment. Nearly all Medical Research is based on the acceptance of Evolution. Evolution is an essential part of Bacteriology.
    6. Peer Review. Thousands upon Thousands of papers have been published & Peer Reviewed on various matters of Evolution. Some of them have been dismissed outright. Most have been accepted. When evidence is put forward that challenges the accepted view of things, the accepted Theory is amended accordingly. The primary concept of Science is that it never accepts that it has everything right & wants to challenge itself so that there is always something to strive for. Creationism takes the opposite view. It has a single reference book that is Thousands of years out of date. It has been handed down by word of mouth, through countless interpretations (and continues to do so), yet the followers of each & every one of these sects insist that theors is the only 'true' one, and that everything else is literally 'fact'. The Bible even specifically states, on multiple occasions that the earth is flat, yet even with that, not many accept that to be the case. In this respect, it has been shown that the Bible is NOT the absolute truth. It has multiple contradictions, yet Creationists refuse to challenge this & believe that either ALL the contradictions are true or deny that there are any contradictions at all.

    Now, I have given definitions of how each & every Discipline of Science supports Evolution. You say it meets none, yet you fail to demonstrate a single one that you claim to Disprove it. This is because Science does not Disprove anything. It merely serves to support evidence or not. You say that God created everything. Science asks "What is the evidence for this?". You answer that it's written in the Bible. Straight away that argument has collapsed. At best you could claim that the Bible is a paper being put forward for Peer Review. However, without defining how it meets all the other criteria it would immediately be dismissed. Evolution, on the other hand, meets ALL the criteria, as I have demonstrated.
    Bible Accuracy


    1. Archaeology confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible:

    The Rocks Cry Out
    http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a008.html
    http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
    http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the...iblical-record

    2. The Bible is not a science book, yet is scientifically accurate:

    Scientific Facts in The Bible
    Eternal Productions - 101 Scientific Facts and Foreknowledge
    Science and the Bible

    3. The Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:

    100prophecies.org
    About Bible Prophecy
    http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bi...-fulfilled.htm
    404 Error
    http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm

    No other book, religious or secular, comes close to those requirements.
    Truth Frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

  10. #3940
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    9,782
    Local Date
    01-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:50 AM
    Points
    37,555
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think he is related to it. It's just one of his sources. I would be interested to know how much of his articles those here actually read before dismissing it.
    Enough to know that nearly every post about "Evolution" is false, and misleading information from someone who knows little about the subject
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Evolution
    By spot in forum Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:12 PM
  2. Normal Science is Lamp-Post Science
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
  3. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum People
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
  4. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum Just For The Fun Of It
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 09:39 PM
  5. Did you know that evolution....
    By metalstorm in forum Did You Know?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2