Cool

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    07:06 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Re: Actor commits suicide after his dog euthanized

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Here's a spade--how do you feel, Ahso! when you realize you have just interfered with a bug's enjoyment of a serene life by accidentally stepping on it, thus ending it's pursuit of happiness & independence from humans?
    I don't walk around trying to avoid every insect, if I happen to step on them, oh well, that's one way Natural Selection operates. I'm fine with that, it's natural.

History shows that cats domesticated themselves, by forcing themselves on the company of humans. In return for gentle purring, which health studies prove lowers human blood-pressure, they get food, shelter & protection. Dogs have also been willing partners to humans throughout recorded time despite being pack animals. These animals have deliberately gone out of their way, out of what you consider a normal life for them, to "hypnotize" humans to be their willing slaves & slavishly care for them. I think our needs, our addiction to them, is knowingly caused by them. It's gotten to the point where we are deluded into thinking we can't live without them. Obviously, they have very powerful minds & we are in a trance.
    You honestly believe this is all a deliberate relationship on the part of all parties?

When all is equal it's fair. When humans were living in the wild cohabitation with certain other species was a part of a natural existence, that isn't the case any longer. We control every aspect of their existence. Permit Natural Selection to run its course.
    "Beauty is Nature's Way of Acting at a Distance" Denis Dutton

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

PS--pets do express themselves---very well & very obviously.
    By your interpretation of their expressions, nothing else.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Even when humans lived in the wild, we were never equals with cats & dogs, we always had superior power to control the destinies of most animals that came to our attention. Our thumbs, brains, language & tool-making cause us to be opponents to be reckoned with. They can outrun us, but we can corner them. There are universal signs of happiness & contentment Ahso! My interpretation is based on knowing them as individuals & understanding common needs. When a cat drops a toy at my feet, looks up at me, I know this cat wants to play & make merry. When they look at their empty food dish, then start the head-rubbing on human legs it's not hard to know what they want. And dogs are even more obnoxious making their needs known. A dog, i.e., that brings it's leash to you is saying at least 2 things: Out, & poop. These animals are quite skilled at making their needs known. Funny thing, a cat never asked my permission to have the freedom to borrow the car & attend college. Duh. That stuff is just not necessary for their happiness, I'm interpreting.

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Even when humans lived in the wild, we were never equals with cats & dogs, we always had superior power to control the destinies of most animals that came to our attention. Our thumbs, brains, language & tool-making cause us to be opponents to be reckoned with. They can outrun us, but we can corner them. There are universal signs of happiness & contentment Ahso! My interpretation is based on knowing them as individuals & understanding common needs. When a cat drops a toy at my feet, looks up at me, I know this cat wants to play & make merry. When they look at their empty food dish, then start the head-rubbing on human legs it's not hard to know what they want. And dogs are even more obnoxious making their needs known. A dog, i.e., that brings it's leash to you is saying at least 2 things: Out, & poop. These animals are quite skilled at making their needs known. Funny thing, a cat never asked my permission to have the freedom to borrow the car & attend college. Duh. That stuff is just not necessary for their happiness, I'm interpreting.
    So you get to feel good about yourself and your cats get to make you feel good about yourself.

Your cats have been denied the expression of all their natural instincts because you bought (or adopted or bred) them, locked them up in your residence, dictated their existence all because you believed that's what makes them happy. So when your cat shows its willingness to accept its situation because it too wants to survive, you interpret that as a declaration of consent from the animal?

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time

Ahso! Gosh, I feel so bad now I might have to end it all just like that man who couldn't live with cutting off his dog's life & so had to make himself extinct!
    So when your cat shows its willingness to accept its situation because it too wants to survive, you interpret that as a declaration of consent from the animal?
    Well, obviously I do. When you first described this, I thought you were talking about marriage!
    And, I tell you for the third time, I think, that it was cats who forced themselves on us first, not the other way around. They moved into our tents & caves, damn hangers-on, glomming on to share in our luxurious existence. These deceitful no-goods stare at us, then proceed to seize our hearts. Well, they got what they came for. Giving up their flea-ridden, starving lives in exchange for comfort. Bet they eat bon-bons & watch soap-operas all day, those lazy no-goods.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    12:06 PM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

And, I tell you for the third time, I think, that it was cats who forced themselves on us first, not the other way around. They moved into our tents & caves, damn hangers-on, glomming on to share in our luxurious existence. .
    Anne, you are absolutely correct.

Cats - History of the Domestication of Cats

Ahso Is not only completely wrong but Is once again re-writing the Spot speak on previous threads.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

There are an awful lot of homeless kids out there, why not devote all that good will of yours to some of them? They're longing for some shelter and love too, you know.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    There are an awful lot of homeless kids out there, why not devote all that good will of yours to some of them? They're longing for some shelter and love too, you know.
    Why don't you ?
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time

Oscar to Ahso!:
    Why don't you ?
    Oscar, now it's my turn to say to you "you are absolutely correct."
    What's "spot speak"?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-24-2014
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Oscar to Ahso!:

Oscar, now it's my turn to say to you "you are absolutely correct."
    What's "spot speak"?
    Spot speak Is when Ahso takes posts written by Spot on the same subject In threads prior to this one and re-writes Spot's words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast