I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    09:49 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Re: She's so beautiful, she (almost) broke the internet

It's funny... I was In the Supermarket two days ago and there was a young girl at the checkout In the queue. She was quite a bit over-weight but when I looked at her, I thought... 'wow, she's really beautiful'... She was naturally stunning..

I have no problem acknowledging beautiful women.... I am not threatened by them and never have been.... why should I ?

So on that basis.... the women In the article Is deluded. At best, she's average, at worst, I'd pass her In the street without a thought.
    The hair Is bleached and she has a stomach that wouldn't win her any modelling contracts. Her Butt Is over-hanging her hips and her teeth don't make the grade.

I've seen more beautiful women In the supermarket.

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

It's a sad reflection on how women view one another. When getting doled up for a night out it's not being done to attract or please men it's all for other women's benefit. There's a lot of bitches out there that judge another woman on sight. That's exactly what a lot of the female population have done with their responses to the article. Men like self confident women, it's other women that hate them.

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    03:49 AM
    Gifts Kitten

Perhaps it's me but I don't think the article was written for the purpose of whether or not the person is actually beautiful. Rather, I think it was written in order to expose what the reactions would be when a woman has the gumption to announce that she believes she's beautiful. And she was right, but apparently didn't expect close friends to engage in the fallout. That must be extremely painful for this lady.

Every comment on whether or not this person is attractive shows that those individuals are incapable of understanding this experiment and how they think and why they think as they do.

When a person looks at their own image in a mirror they don't only see the reflection in the mirror, they also see their entire life played back and in a flash decide how comfortable they are with that entire scenario. That's why it's so different when one views a photo of oneself. When we see a photo of ourself we see us as everyone else does without acknowledgement of the lines and scars.
    "Beauty is Nature's Way of Acting at a Distance" Denis Dutton

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Perhaps it's me but I don't think the article was written for the purpose of whether or not the person is actually beautiful. Rather, I think it was written in order to expose what the reactions would be when a woman has the gumption to announce that she believes she's beautiful. And she was right, but apparently didn't expect close friends to engage in the fallout. That must be extremely painful for this lady.

Every comment on whether or not this person is attractive shows that those individuals are incapable of understanding this experiment and how they think and why they think as they do.

When a person looks at their own image in a mirror they don't only see the reflection in the mirror, they also see their entire life played back and in a flash decide how comfortable they are with that entire scenario. That's why it's so different when one views a photo of oneself. When we see a photo of ourself we see us as everyone else does without acknowledgement of the lines and scars.
    I totally agree, it was written for reaction and boy did she get it. It makes me sad to think we live in such a judgemental and bitchy society.

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    It's funny... I was In the Supermarket two days ago and there was a young girl at the checkout In the queue. She was quite a bit over-weight but when I looked at her, I thought... 'wow, she's really beautiful'... She was naturally stunning..

I have no problem acknowledging beautiful women.... I am not threatened by them and never have been.... why should I ?

So on that basis.... the women In the article Is deluded. At best, she's average, at worst, I'd pass her In the street without a thought.
    The hair Is bleached and she has a stomach that wouldn't win her any modelling contracts. Her Butt Is over-hanging her hips and her teeth don't make the grade.

I've seen more beautiful women In the supermarket.
    Typical woman response, a negative then a positive, why can't she just simply be 'stunning'?

It doesn't matter two hoots if the woman in the article is deluded, what she has is self confidence which a lot of women hate and feel the need to attack.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Typical woman response, a negative then a positive, why can't she just simply be 'stunning'?

It doesn't matter two hoots if the woman in the article is deluded, what she has is self confidence which a lot of women hate and feel the need to attack.
    Oh come on.... Are you seriously going to suggest here that you've never sat In front of the TV and critised a women's looks?

Oh please... !!!!

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    02:49 AM
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

I completely disagree with Betty and ahso... self confidence to me is being aware of your less than perfect characteristics and accepting them and feeling comfortable with yourself. Narcissism is a personality disorder.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    I completely disagree with Betty and ahso... self confidence to me is being aware of your less than perfect characteristics and accepting them and feeling comfortable with yourself. Narcissism is a personality disorder.
    I'm with you.

And for anyone to say that they have never critisized another woman's hair, make-up, looks etc etc I just don't believe It for a minute.... we all do It at some point of our lives.

Hominid
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    03:49 AM
    Gifts Kitten

self confidence to me is being aware of your less than perfect characteristics and accepting them and feeling comfortable with yourself.
    You mean like taking everything into account and declaring yourself beautiful?
    Narcissism is a personality disorder.
    That's old psychology thinking. There is no such thing as a disorder when we view life through the eyes of Natural Selection, there's only variation. A person would need to be pretty arrogant to declare others "disordered".

For the reading pleasure of anyone interesting in keeping up with the times.

Evolution of Narcissism: Why We're Overconfident, and Why It Works
    "Beauty is Nature's Way of Acting at a Distance" Denis Dutton

Mad Arse Face
    is relaxed

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-27-2014
    Local Time
    02:49 AM
    Gifts Kitten Balloons Kitten Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I know from past history with ahso that he'll never change his perception of a subject and that he considers himself an expert on everything but to the rest of you, do you find vain and excessive self love a positive attribute? I certainly don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast