Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    01:42 AM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Shortly after getting my current job I was doing so well I could afford a down payment on a nice little Toyota Yaris Hybrid car. Therefore, Kermit has been under cover ever since & is currently up for sale.
    Although commuting by bike is about twice as fast, there is also the palava of kitting up before leaving, then kitting down on arrival, then kitting up at the end of the day, and kitting down again once home. Plus, of course, as you say, Winter weather is not the best of conditions for a motorbike.
    As for feeling the cold - not me. At work they've finally come up with a uniform to fit me (after over a year) - of sorts. I'm the very first to have the new model, and everyone is really jealous of it. However, the general model is a Polo Shirt or Sweat Shirt. I wanted a Polo Shirt. I've been given a Fleece Sweater which, for me, is uncomfortably hot. Also, part of the uniform is a Body Warmer, which I've never had, but would never wear, despite everyone else wearing theirs - I'd still rather be in a short sleeved Polo Shirt. Most of the time that's what I wear - I've got a batch of my own ones which are moreorless the right colour.

Jaxsie:
    We have a Yaris diesel - very economic, and a good runner. We inherited it after my sister-in-law died last year - much more economical than our T5 Volvo, and the tax and insurance is a lot less. The T5 though is a super car, and very comfortable.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Being a Hybrid, Jaxsie is Tax Exempt. MPG is an average of about 55 (Kermit was, at best, about 47MPG). Insurance is also very low.
    In all other cars my main problem is in fitting in them. I'm quite tall, at 1.85m but as I have short legs all my height is in my upper body. This means that headroom is very restricted in most other cars. However, Jaxsie is incredibly roomy, and I would easily be able to have my crash helmet on, with room to spare inside.
    This time of year I think my only criticism is that with the cold weather coming on, the heating takes ages to kick in, as heating generally comes from the heat of the engine. As the engine is only there to keep the battery charged, this doesn't exactly get very hot.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time

I took one look at the front page of Forum Garden and saw that most of the threads were flippin' word games threads. For pity's sake !!!!!! All these so-called word games are much the same. There is no benefit to them and people who indulge hours of their time boringly adding a word here and a word there must be rather sad, lonely people, and I feel rather sorry for them.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because everybody has a reason why they indulge in internet social sites, and each of them are quite free to do 'their thing' and without fear of other people being sarcastic or nasty towards them. So long as they keep within the law of the land, and generally accepted decency, they should be allowed to type their thoughts or games answers without hassle.

What I would ask, though, is that those enjoying the word games should not fill the front page of the site with all these games. Other people, surfing through the various social media sites would look at the FG front page and if they weren't word games addicts, they would run a mile !

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    05:42 PM

I'm guessing that complaint was aimed at me since I'm the only one doing the word games so thanks for that warm welcome LOL I enjoy aimlessly posting, it's an amusing distraction for me but by all means out post me. I'm sure you can fill out the front page just as easily as I can.
    Hopeless optimist and irritating ray of sunshine!

Cardi Goddess!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Heart Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    I'm guessing that complaint was aimed at me since I'm the only one doing the word games so thanks for that warm welcome LOL I enjoy aimlessly posting, it's an amusing distraction for me but by all means out post me. I'm sure you can fill out the front page just as easily as I can.
    Take no notice Lizzie, welcome to FG by the way and please continue to post wherever you like

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    05:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Take no notice Lizzie, welcome to FG by the way and please continue to post wherever you like
    Thank you
    Hopeless optimist and irritating ray of sunshine!

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-13-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Hey, Lizzie, I'm sorry that I seemed to be down on you, but I suppose I was a little taken aback at the front page being so over-crowded with word games. I think most folk on here know that I'm not much of a fan of word games as they seem so aimless really. Not many tax the old grey matter do they ? However, I see your point about chilling out with word games, so as BB says, you carry on 'doing your thing' and take no notice of me ! Oh and (a bit late I know ! ) welcome to Forum Garden, and I hope you've brought a spade and fork, cos the flower beds are a little neglected !

I don't come online every day to FG so I hadn't realised that 'Lizzie' was a new member, very sorry Lizzie. I really should learn to hold me hush

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    08:42 PM

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I took one look at the front page of Forum Garden and saw that most of the threads were flippin' word games threads. For pity's sake !!!!!! All these so-called word games are much the same. There is no benefit to them and people who indulge hours of their time boringly adding a word here and a word there must be rather sad, lonely people, and I feel rather sorry for them.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because everybody has a reason why they indulge in internet social sites, and each of them are quite free to do 'their thing' and without fear of other people being sarcastic or nasty towards them. So long as they keep within the law of the land, and generally accepted decency, they should be allowed to type their thoughts or games answers without hassle.

What I would ask, though, is that those enjoying the word games should not fill the front page of the site with all these games. Other people, surfing through the various social media sites would look at the FG front page and if they weren't word games addicts, they would run a mile !
    Would you rather they are all religion nonsense, again?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-12-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    My uncle drove one of those when I was a kid. I tried to talk my parents into moving to his neighborhood.
    Didn't happen.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast