Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    09:55 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    I am so envious. Damn NYState!
    Massachusetts is celebrating. It isn't that far away.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    12:55 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

There is no problem getting any if I want it. My point is I want it to be LEGAL, I want to be able to go to a store and choose between multiple varieties whenever I feel like it, as it should be.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    09:55 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    There is no problem getting any if I want it. My point is I want it to be LEGAL, I want to be able to go to a store and choose between multiple varieties whenever I feel like it, as it should be.
    I fully understand your frustration. I could never figure out why it took California so long.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    05:55 PM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

I take it you are referring to stuff that is illegal in UK ? If so, I would like to point out to anybody interested that before the war (WWII) a herb was quite legal - my father was a pharmacist and he told us this many years ago. So it was used in medicine then, so I just don't understand why it was made illegal - it's a bloody herb for pity's sake ! It has been found to be beneficial to people suffering from MS, and some such sufferers in the UK try to obtain this herb on a regular basis, at great risk from the law, I might add!
    This herb can be thoroughly monitored by the authorities, if made legal again, so that people can legally benefit medicinally, growers can benefit financially, also authorities can benefit financially with taxes that would be generated !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I take it you are referring to stuff that is illegal in UK ? If so, I would like to point out to anybody interested that before the war (WWII) a herb was quite legal - my father was a pharmacist and he told us this many years ago. So it was used in medicine then, so I just don't understand why it was made illegal - it's a bloody herb for pity's sake ! It has been found to be beneficial to people suffering from MS, and some such sufferers in the UK try to obtain this herb on a regular basis, at great risk from the law, I might add!
    This herb can be thoroughly monitored by the authorities, if made legal again, so that people can legally benefit medicinally, growers can benefit financially, also authorities can benefit financially with taxes that would be generated !
    Bear in mind that before the war Opium, Cocaine & Heroin were quite legal. You could even buy them in Gift Boxes for the Troops in Harrods. All of which have undisputed medicinal benefits when used responsibly by a physician. The same is true of Cannabis / Marijuana, with hardly any of the harmful side effects.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time

I'm a little concerned at the moment. In the last few weeks, on a fairly regular basis like every 3 or 4 days, I have been sent strange emails. I hasten to add that there is no way that I would open these, and in fact I have deleted them without opening them because I really do not trust that they are legit. I suspect that they could be a scam, after my identity and/or my money (not so worried about that as I ain't gorra lot ! ). I have copied, by hand, the 'title' etc. as folllows ...........

Dia - [Congra-tulations]****gillytizzy2,,*:-YOU-RE_a_WeeklYWinneR!!!

Now both those capital Rs were reversed (mirrored).

As soon as I'd copied the title I deleted it. I can't remember what the email address was that they used, as I deleted the damn thing as soon as I'd copied it, not thinking to make a note of the address that they used !

I have also wiped my 'recycle bin' so I will not be able to recall it from there. However, I'm pretty sure there will be another communication in similar form, so I will be able to get the address used as well as the title.

Has anybody else experienced this sort of communication and if so, what can I do about stopping it. Should I report it to somebody in authority ?

I am a little concerned about it, as I've no idea what it's all about - maybe it's done in that way to cause curiosity and cause somebody to click on the title and open up 'whatever' - possibly to entice somebody to part with 'cash up front' in order to gain the 'winnings', or more likely it's just a method of getting your info and identity and finally any money which you may have available if you do online banking.

I'd just like to know if anybody else has had this happen to them, and if so what they suggest to do.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time

Well hello me !!! Hello Gill !!! Just to say that I got another flippin' iffy email today, so I've just deleted it after I'd had a quick peep to see what the email was. No I didn't open any links - i just looked in surprise and deleted it straight away. I just ain't interested in 'gorgeous girls' at all !

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time

Well I have become the proud owner of a very nice laptop. An HP OMEN 7i (4 core), with a few TBs ! A bit of a 'kick ass' machine ! I think I shall enjoy using this particular laptop ! My other one was a Toshiba and it must have been 10 years old if it was a day, so it's no surprise to me that it was gradually breaking down. For instance I thought I had recorded all my documents and pictures on to a 32 GB memory stick. My laptop told me it had transferred everything and that the stick was full, at the end of some time transferring all my stuff to the stick. Not so, my tame techy engineer reported that the memory stick was empty ! So he had to repeat the whole process again. Just as well that it was checked, as I have got quite a lot of unrepeatable photos and documents that I wanted to save. All seems to be OK now. But when I am certain that everything is as I wanted it, I shall return my Toshiba to my techy engineer who will return it back to factory specs and thoroughly service it, so that my hubby can use it for typing up his book ready to present to publishers.

There is only one 'gripe' I have about the new laptop, and that is that it doesn't have any disk facilities. So I shall have to buy an individual disk player with a connection for my new laptop and hope that it works out OK. It is rather strange about the disk absence. This HP laptop is supposed to be slanted towards gaming, so why have they decided to exclude a disk playing facility ? Many good games come on disks after all, don't they ? Oh well, it is such a good 'kick ass' laptop, I'm sure I can cope with that slight discrepancy.

is is well-rested.

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    10:55 AM
    Gifts Beer Burger Car Beer

Congrats on the laptop! You'll be surprised at the increase of speed. I had to buy a stand alone disc drive as well. They're only $30 or so. I kind of wish I had bought a blu-ray drive, though.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-16-2018
    Local Time
    10:55 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Well I have become the proud owner of a very nice laptop. An HP OMEN 7i (4 core), with a few TBs ! A bit of a 'kick ass' machine ! I think I shall enjoy using this particular laptop ! My other one was a Toshiba and it must have been 10 years old if it was a day, so it's no surprise to me that it was gradually breaking down. For instance I thought I had recorded all my documents and pictures on to a 32 GB memory stick. My laptop told me it had transferred everything and that the stick was full, at the end of some time transferring all my stuff to the stick. Not so, my tame techy engineer reported that the memory stick was empty ! So he had to repeat the whole process again. Just as well that it was checked, as I have got quite a lot of unrepeatable photos and documents that I wanted to save. All seems to be OK now. But when I am certain that everything is as I wanted it, I shall return my Toshiba to my techy engineer who will return it back to factory specs and thoroughly service it, so that my hubby can use it for typing up his book ready to present to publishers.

There is only one 'gripe' I have about the new laptop, and that is that it doesn't have any disk facilities. So I shall have to buy an individual disk player with a connection for my new laptop and hope that it works out OK. It is rather strange about the disk absence. This HP laptop is supposed to be slanted towards gaming, so why have they decided to exclude a disk playing facility ? Many good games come on disks after all, don't they ? Oh well, it is such a good 'kick ass' laptop, I'm sure I can cope with that slight discrepancy.
    They have designed out all of those extras. Makes the chassis more compact and lighter.
    You can by a Blue-Ray/DVD drive that connects via USB port, though.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast