I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time
    06:13 PM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Gas and oil are finite fuels and these companies were warned years ago that those fuels would dry up, and were advised to get involved with wave/tide power, hydro-electric, wind turbines and solar power. It's their stupid fault that they took no notice when they maybe could have afforded to branch out into renewables in readiness for the big 'crash', now everybody is suffering the consequences of their lack of common sense ! Joe public can't do much about it, but these huge oil and gas companies can and damn well should, whilst they still have a bit of money to be able to develop into the renewables field. That is my opinion, for what it's worth.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

By gum it's been quite a while since there were any callers in my little friendly café ! So I suppose I'd better contribute something and get it open again !

This pic is our lovely Charter/trip boat just leaving our jetty during a Nottingham River Festival. The weather was brilliant and I remember we really did a 'burster' over the 2 days of the Festival. Mind you we were all knackered after that weekend - working solidly from 9 am till midnight each of the two days ! Good job we always had the Mondays off during our season ! Although part of that day was spent visiting the Cash & Carry supplier to purchase replacement stocks and giving the boat a very good all-over clean ! So that particular Monday was certainly not a day off in the end ! But if I remember rightly we did have a free day later in the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'-scan10019.jpg  

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

That isn't your fault Gilly the thread is here for anyone to add to, but where have you been ?
    I thought about reporting you missing in action.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

Ahhh dear Bruv. I have a confession to make, I pop into a couple of other sites - sites for owd fuddy duddies and I get involved with the various game threads that are there ! I do sometimes make a post in a thread if it is something that I am interested in, but I'm mostly into the 'jigsaw', hangman, 8 line rhyme (where folk write two rhyming lines each till 8 lines have been posted), then there's the limericks threads (where folk write one line each till they get to the 5 lines ) ! All good clean fun innit ? Only one of those sites has an arcade, so I probably find more satisfaction in FG's arcade !

Enough about my excuses, so how are you Bruv ? I do hope you and yours are OK.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

Everything here is fine thanks Gilly, you like the things I steer clear of, other than Patience on the old laptop. Hope all is well with you and yours, and that your recent trying times are over now.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

Not sure which 'trying times' you are referring to as we have one or two ongoing . One is sorting gradually and will have an end in a few months, but another I'm afraid will stay with my family to our graves.

With this in mind, we try not to give it any thought and the people involved, I hope, will fetch up in hell having experienced deserved karma in the mean time. I still cannot understand how 'friends' can turn like that and hurt so badly a family who have taken them into their hearts and done nothing but help them with friendship and also a lot of money, for around 14 years. Evil.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

Sorry if I assumed to know more than I do.....did.
    I thought your husband had lost a sister, and you were under the weather for a while.
    Hope that is working out as best it can.....
    Anyway........There is no protection from a*s*h*les......begging you pardon......don't let them get you down.....move on.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Sorry if I assumed to know more than I do.....did.
    I thought your husband had lost a sister, and you were under the weather for a while.
    Hope that is working out as best it can.....
    Anyway........There is no protection from a*s*h*les......begging you pardon......don't let them get you down.....move on.

Yes Bruv, my sister-in-law died and my hubby is grieving quietly, I of course wasn't so close to her as Chris was - they were great mates when they were children and used to get up to all sorts of mischief together (mostly instigated by Chris !). I am very sad that she is no longer with us though. She was a lovely person, with a lovely sense of humour, and she laughed very easily. We're still waiting for somebody to buy her lovely two-bedroom cottage, and until that is dealt with then we can't pay any outstanding debts that she had, like the electricity and gas etc. But these people understand the situation and they have more thought than to badger Chris as the executor, with his other sister. So we're in limbo at the moment.

The other matter, well that can be put on the back burner. I wish I could find out if any of them have had karma yet.

Thank you, Bruv, for remembering and asking how things were here. It is very much appreciated.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time

At the risk of being verbally castigated, I just have to include this report, anonymous, that was found on another site by another person.

IN LIGHT OF RECENT EVENTS IN KOREA………….

In light of the recent events in Korea, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide."
    The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender."
    The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.

The English are also feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Korea and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."
    Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross."
    The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
    Terrorists have been re-categorised from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance."
    The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "F**k Off" to "Let's get the Bastards."
    They don't have any other levels.
    This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British Army for the last 300 years.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing."
    Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs."
    They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy.
    These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate."
    Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the Barbie this weekend!" and "The Barbie is cancelled."
    So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

Anonymous April 2017

No I will not be accused of racism etc. cos I ain't guilty of such, and it does take the micky out of English etc.

I suppose it must be my quirky sense of humour, but I really feel that we should be able to laugh at ourselves with other people, don't you ?

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-20-2017
    Local Time
    11:13 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    That's funny, Gilly
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast