Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    05:21 AM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Quote Originally Posted by ZAP View Post
    I cannot believe I misspelled (spelt?) Eric Burdon's name!! The man is absolutely amazing! He did 2 shows on the beach bandstand--FANTASTIC!
    Kansas City was still there but I didn't see anybody standing' on the corner-12th Street & Vine. The rodeo was good--I won a "Ropin'" T-shirt because I jumped the highest to catch it. I got a bite on one of my books that I've been following up on.
    It rained nearly every day in Pittsburgh, just as I had requested I collected more Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper and did some rock landscaping and painting of my own at my daughter's place. I'm going home tomorrow but I'll go back to Reno at the end of this month to be with my friend who is having a hip replacement and wanted me to stay with her for a couple of weeks. I hope my house is still there in Southern California.

Hey don't you forget to come home some time, Zap !

https://youtu.be/N1AiLqsOak0
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time

Monday night/ early hours Tuesday morning, we heard then saw a helicopter hovering south of us. It was the police helicopter and it was using it's powerful spot/searchlight. We quite often see the police chopper at night, sometimes it hovers overhead and it is flippin' noisy. Anybody asleep in bed at that time soon weren't ! Mostly, though it seems to be used for following suspicious vehicles along the main road, which is about a mile away from our house and lower down the valley. We thought no more about it, as it is quite a common occurrence these days. We retired to bed.

In the morning there was a report, on our local radio, about an armed robbery just after midnight at a pub just over a mile south of our house. The police had answered a call very quickly and, also using a dog, they quickly found the three robbers and arrested them. I would say that was a decent collar !

As the police had arrived on the scene very quickly, I would think that the pub had a 'panic alarm' button directly to our local police station. Somebody in the pub had the sense to quietly press the 'panic button' - possibly the landlord. I doubt that the robbers would have been caught so quickly otherwise. The police chopper was also very promptly on the scene.

In the local paper the following day they showed a picture of the police dog - such a beautifully majestic animal, jet black all over ! Apparently the 3 robbers appeared in the Magistrates Court on the Tuesday where they were informed that the case was too serious for Magistrates to deal with, so they will remain in custody till they have to appear at the Crown Court in the last week of September.

That would indicate that there could well be custodial sentences. One of the robbers had a knife and another robber had another weapon. I would think that it would be fruitless them pleading not guilty when they were apprehended more or less on the doorstep of the pub, in possession of a knife and another weapon !

It's all happening at our sleepy suburb innit !

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time

I received an email today, with some very good news, and I hope it happens !............

Environment Secretary Michael Gove has announced that the UK will back a permanent ban on bee-killing pesticides. [1]This is huge. 38 Degrees-ers like you have been pushing for this since way back in 2012. [2] Together, we have just made sure our bees will be around for generations to come.Incredibly, more than a million of us have taken part in the campaign to ban bee-killing pesticides from British fields

At last somebody realises that the human race needs bees !!!!

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    12:21 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I received an email today, with some very good news, and I hope it happens !............

Environment Secretary Michael Gove has announced that the UK will back a permanent ban on bee-killing pesticides. [1]This is huge. 38 Degrees-ers like you have been pushing for this since way back in 2012. [2] Together, we have just made sure our bees will be around for generations to come.Incredibly, more than a million of us have taken part in the campaign to ban bee-killing pesticides from British fields

Good news, Gill

Similar efforts are going on here in the states.
    Where I live, there are a lot of people taking steps to make life easier for bees. The latest "thing" is to have a bee-friendly water dish in the yard.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

I am sure I signed for that a long time ago, how long does it take ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time

Who watched Impractical Jokers? Great Show!

ZAP
    Currently Offline
    Supporting Member
    is a child of the universe

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-24-2017
    Local Time
    09:21 PM
    Gifts Paintbrush Cocktail Gift Naughty Mag Banana Paintbrush Gift Cocktail

Hey don't you forget to come home some time, Zap !

https://youtu.be/N1AiLqsOak0

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...19&action=view

This is the concert and I was on the beach when this was taken. I need to look through the whole thing to see if we were caught on the video. It looks like the person taking this was right behind us and a little to the left.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time

Hi Zap !!! I've watched the video and perhaps, when the camera moves round to a more frontal view of the stage towards the end of the video (around 25.00 plus), are you the lady with long blondish hair and glasses with another lady also glasses but shorter than you ? I was a bit disappointed in his rendition of Rising Sun. Never know why people mess about with melody lines of their own original songs, when they perform them many years later ! Perhaps they are trying to keep themselves from getting bored stupid after singing a particular song so many hundreds of times !

There was an earlier view, more from the side, where there was a lady with long blond hair wearing what appeared to be a green top and she was with another lady who appeared to be wearing a pink top - that was around the 22.40 plus !

You'll just have to check it out and hopefully be able to give me a video timing if you are actually caught on camera.

Glad you are back home safely, Zap, and it seems that you have had a great time during your various travels.

ZAP
    Currently Offline
    Supporting Member
    is a child of the universe

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-24-2017
    Local Time
    09:21 PM
    Gifts Paintbrush Cocktail Gift Naughty Mag Banana Paintbrush Gift Cocktail

Hi Gill!
    Thanks for checking out the video. Actually I think I found me at around 32:00-33:00 to the end. But I never turned around. All that's there is my hair and my dark jacket and me bouncing to the music. Hold On is playing.

I was in Reno when Burning Man was going on. You wouldn't believe how crazy that place was. We didn't go out to the "venue" but we saw lots of people from all over the world. I talked to some of them. This is not a cheap event and a lot of people flew thousands of miles to go to it. Then they rented bicycles to get around and they just leave them behind when they leave. The bike guy sells them next year. The people who have motor homes, campers, etc. come into town when the event is over. Their vehicles are completely covered with a greyish film. The traffic on the roads and in parking lots looks like a Sea of Grey.

is IF YOU WANT TO ACCEPT JESUS'S GIFT OF SALVATION, PRAY THIS FROM YOUR HEART:“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU DIED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, I NOW RECEIVE YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.”

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-25-2017
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    How about those Astros?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 LastLast